talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

😂😂😂😂😂.

I’ve said it before but I’ve really turned to strongly like Seb in recent years. His sense of humour, to silly radio comments, to his bromance with Lewis. 

Probably fishing from Cannabis, but he definitely has not bottled every title race. Even his battle with Lewis when he was at Ferrari, Lewis was just too good. Seb in his prime was lethal.

To be fair, Lewis drove conclusively better than Vettel in 2017 and 2018. Even if Vettel had matched him, though, Ferrari never had the goods compared to Mercedes in the development race. That's the story of the hybrid era though. The best driver on the grid in the best team on the grid in an era of F1 with very few cars breaking down and DRS making it pretty easy to recover from adversity if you have a fast car, one big recipe for the absolute dominance we end up seeing.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

To be fair, Lewis drove conclusively better than Vettel in 2017 and 2018. Even if Vettel had matched him, though, Ferrari never had the goods compared to Mercedes in the development race. That's the story of the hybrid era though. The best driver on the grid in the best team on the grid in an era of F1 with very few cars breaking down and DRS making it pretty easy to recover from adversity if you have a fast car, one big recipe for the absolute dominance we end up seeing.

If Lewis was in that Ferrari he would have won the title. 

:what:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

If Lewis was in that Ferrari he would have won the title. 

:what:

Controversial take. I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think it's nailed on either. Ferrari have a certain knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory xD. He definitely drove better than Vettel though regardless of the team/car difference.

5 hours ago, Coma said:

I don't know shit about F1, but the enthusiasm in this forum convinced me to watch the first episode of Drive to Survive. 

Heh, I thought I saw you snooping around here last night. 🧐xD

On 24/02/2022 at 15:06, nudge said:

Not only Vettel... 

fishing for virtue points and popularity, this is normal for celebrities whose entire existence is tied to how many Twitters they have.   we have seen this predate to ancient civilizations when someone popular gets a following and then gets put down.  real power is the mob.

i was hoping the new rules will flip the script but in reality it looks like the big 4 have just made a grand canyon between themselves and the rest.

hybrid racing has not only made poor teams poorer due to costs, but made F1 a procession.   F1 will die soon if they cannot restore that old era of absolutely anyone can win, open testing and cheaper components.   a good ol V12 costs nothing while a hybrid costs 30m a unit.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Mazepin not banned, but doesn't he already race under a real flag? Or is that just in the F1 game? Or have I just imagined that entirely.

Anyway, I'm not sure this means he has the green light to race this season still.

4 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Mazepin not banned, but doesn't he already race under a real flag? Or is that just in the F1 game? Or have I just imagined that entirely.

Anyway, I'm not sure this means he has the green light to race this season still.

I think he was racing under the Russian Automobile Federation RAF flag. 

But yea, obviously Uralkali are still gone from Haas, and they were the only reason he was/is there. 

I was more concerned about drivers like Robert Shwartzman if a ban would have come into effect. 

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Mazepin should not race because he is Russian/Balarusian,  he shouldnt race because he is garbage. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Mazepin should not race because he is Russian/Balarusian,  he shouldnt race because he is garbage. 

True. And that inappropriate feeling up of that girl last winter just before he made his debut.

• Upvote 1