talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

Just now, Tommy said:

Unfortunately, in most cases yes. You either have a rich background, or you are so damn talented that someone sponsors you from an early age. There are still quite a few drivers on the grid from modest backgrounds. But unfortunately the rich kids are taking over more and more. 

Who are the good guys in the sport? and who are the villains?

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Depends on how you look at it. Even the "rich kids" can be good guys. :ph34r:

Also I was talking about F1 to some people over the holidays, people old enough to remember Schumacher and nobody in the room knew of him. This is about ~10 Americans all over 30. It honestly shocked me, I'm no F1 fan but I have a latent knowledge of the sport due to it's popularity in Australia and I felt like Schumacher was at a level of fame that you just knew of him regardless of interest. That's how impressively culturally irrelevant the sport is in the USA, which is shocking to me given their enjoyment of other motorsports, you'd think there would be overlap.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Also I was talking about F1 to some people over the holidays, people old enough to remember Schumacher and nobody in the room knew of him. This is about ~10 Americans all over 30. It honestly shocked me, I'm no F1 fan but I have a latent knowledge of the sport due to it's popularity in Australia and I felt like Schumacher was at a level of fame that you just knew of him regardless of interest. That's how impressively culturally irrelevant the sport is in the USA, which is shocking to me given their enjoyment of other motorsports, you'd think there would be overlap.

F1 actually gained a lot of popularity in the US recently, partly due to the Netflix series "Drive to Survive". Maybe you just surround yourself with the wrong kind of people. :ph34r:

Just now, Tommy said:

F1 actually gained a lot of popularity in the US recently, partly due to the Netflix series "Drive to Survive". Maybe you just surround yourself with the wrong kind of people. :ph34r:

'Gained a lot of popularity' doesn't really mean much there are nearly 400,000,000 Americans and if 1,000,000 watch F1 that is still barely a notch! There are nearly four Americans to each German and Australian!

Of course they are the wrong people, the in-laws :ph34r:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Took a break from F1 a few years,  it was starting to get to predictable with one way dominance.   I watched this year again,  mostly to watch my favourite driver,  and it turned out to be a good season to come back.   Full of action and drama,  love it. 

Who is it? :) 

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

hopefully they have a more competitive car next season. 

According to Alain Prost, their engine has reliability issues. But maybe he was just salty because they let him go. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

According to Alain Prost, their engine has reliability issues. But maybe he was just salty because they let him go. :ph34r:

Renault and reliability issues, name a more iconic duo :ph34r: xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Vettel literally bottled every single title fight he was a part of as long as you don't count the four that he won.

😂😂😂😂😂.

I’ve said it before but I’ve really turned to strongly like Seb in recent years. His sense of humour, to silly radio comments, to his bromance with Lewis. 

Probably fishing from Cannabis, but he definitely has not bottled every title race. Even his battle with Lewis when he was at Ferrari, Lewis was just too good. Seb in his prime was lethal.