Demarai Gray - Next Huge Name to Saudi Pro League

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty harsh but vague statement. This guy falls out with managers constantly, so I assume the problem is really with him.

Exactly. He 'downed tools' with us and became a proper mardy-arse to get a move. 

Then has done the same with Everton.

He's the common denominator. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Exactly. He 'downed tools' with us and became a proper mardy-arse to get a move. 

Then has done the same with Everton.

He's the common denominator. 

The way he’s made a vague enough statement to where some people might think he’s calling one person or more at Everton racist is pretty unprofessional too.

Exactly the wrong sort of mentality in the dressing room for a relegation battle

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The way he’s made a vague enough statement to where some people might think he’s calling one person or more at Everton racist is pretty unprofessional too.

Exactly the wrong sort of mentality in the dressing room for a relegation battle

Racist? Where's that?

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Saw some people online saying the headline makes it seem like he’s implying racism. I think that’s a stretch tbh. I think he’s just pissed off he didn’t get a big money Saudi move & isn’t in the first team.

I don't get that in the slightest. Not even sure how people come to that conclusion.

• Subscriber

Cottoned this bloke around 2018 time. He'd been on the periphery with us since joining in 2016, showing flashes but never really getting a proper run. Puel actually gave him a bit of a go, he looked terrific in Puel's opener (against Everton no less) but as per every time with him it was another false dawn - a few flashes to con you into thinking you have a player on your hands and then a series of nothingness. Then came the insta posts. They just don't understand me. They don't respect me.

His digs at Everton in the last few days show absolutely no penny has dropped for him. He's not got the mentality to bring out the best in himself. He's the common denominator. Fair play to Everton for making a bit of money on it - if only we'd taken the £20mil Bournemouth allegedly offered us.

• Subscriber
On 03/09/2023 at 16:42, Dr. Gonzo said:

Saw some people online saying the headline makes it seem like he’s implying racism. I think that’s a stretch tbh. I think he’s just pissed off he didn’t get a big money Saudi move & isn’t a starter

I've no idea how people have hit that conclusion that he's calling racism to be honest. He just genuinely believes he's a lot better than he is, anchors himself to his 1 good performance in 7 games and thinks that's his actual level. The social media whinging isn't new for Gray, that was where I thought please just sell this bloke.

On 03/09/2023 at 16:42, Dr. Gonzo said:

Saw some people online saying the headline makes it seem like he’s implying racism. I think that’s a stretch tbh. I think he’s just pissed off he didn’t get a big money Saudi move & isn’t a starter

Are people jumping to this conclusion because Dyche's Burnley side was all white at one point? I definitely remember something about that and people pointing it out (not necessarily on here)

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Are people jumping to this conclusion because Dyche's Burnley side was all white at one point? I definitely remember something about that and people pointing it out (not necessarily on here)

Idk maybe, that makes more sense than just assuming racism from his remarks