talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sanchez moved? :what:

He ultimately signed a contract. The nature of this abuse was that the contract was signed with a team that was worse than the one he could have signed for. It’s exactly the same with Can if he turns down any of Europe’s elite for Liverpool (highly amusing considering you’re almost in the final). You know where I’m coming from though.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He ultimately signed a contract. The nature of this abuse was that the contract was signed with a team that was worse than the one he could have signed for. It’s exactly the same with Can if he turns down any of Europe’s elite for Liverpool (highly amusing considering you’re almost in the final). You know where I’m coming from though.

Man Utd are better than Arsenal though? 

I think it's the amount of money he signed up for, not that he jumped ship doing it. 

Anyone else think we'll sign someone from a relegated club? We signed Wijnaldum after his relegation with Newcastle & Robertson from Hull (and VVD from Southampton... if they go down). Other than the obviously giant transfer fee for VVD, the other 2 have been bargains for what we paid. Anyone see anyone from the crap sides that might fill a bench spot/challenge our starters?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone else think we'll sign someone from a relegated club? We signed Wijnaldum after his relegation with Newcastle & Robertson from Hull (and VVD from Southampton... if they go down). Other than the obviously giant transfer fee for VVD, the other 2 have been bargains for what we paid. Anyone see anyone from the crap sides that might fill a bench spot/challenge our starters?

Bertrand from Southampton (obviously) if they drop would probably be a better back up to Robertson than Moreno. 

Bertrand wouldn't join as back up I don't think. 

Who id take for the squad if a price was reasonable. 

West Brom - Yacob (underrated, solid CM with a bit of bite) Rondon (excellent hold up play whenever I've seen him, would be more useful than Ings imo) 

Stoke City - Pieters (somebody who would probably come in as lb cover, and he's better than Moreno)  Sobhi  (looks to have a good bit of potential, and we need wingers )

Saints - Cedric (having a poor season but we've seen that he can do a lot better. Rated him for a while) Romeu (very very good CDM, could be a great addition to sit and protect the back four) Redmond (reckon he would thrive under Klopp, bacmgs of potential and a winger like we need)

• Administrator

@Mantis Toboggan M.D. while they're not bad players in themselves, I think Liverpool could do better:
Yacob is nothing. Only thing he has is aggressiveness and thuggery. 
Rondon - decent but I can't see him in the Liverpool side? Not with the style you play anyway.
Pieters - Always seen him as CB? Perhaps @Dickie could confirm. I may be wrong but even if he came in as cover, not up to Liverpool standard. 
Sobhi - probably the only one that could improve under Klopp with how he plays
Cedric - with VVD, Lovren, Matip - another CB needed?
Romeu - now he would be better than Yacob! He would improve a lot of teams in the league. 
Redmond - I think he's gone past the point of having potential. He's now 24 and not playing regularly for a side that's even going down? If you need a winger there's plenty out there that you could get that are better than Redmond (not Mahrez :ph34r: )

I'm sure Pieters is a LB? And Cedric is a RB whenever I've seen him. 

Yeah, looking at my list Yacob, Rondon and Pieters are probably bad shouts. I was looking as filling the squad numbers, but the back ups still need to have quality. 

Think Romeu, Sobhi & Redmond would be good though. Redmond might be 24, but that's still young. I think our style would suite him. He'd be quite pricey though with being English and young. 

So training in Rome was Lallana's first full training session in a while. Can is returning to training on Monday. Can we get them match fit and get some much needed midfield depth before the final?

Being able to inject fresh legs into the midfield in the second is something we severely miss when we're barebones. So I hope they're able to get fit enough. There's plenty of time, but Lallana is so fragile now it seems.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

@Mantis Toboggan M.D. while they're not bad players in themselves, I think Liverpool could do better:
Yacob is nothing. Only thing he has is aggressiveness and thuggery. 
Rondon - decent but I can't see him in the Liverpool side? Not with the style you play anyway.
Pieters - Always seen him as CB? Perhaps @Dickie could confirm. I may be wrong but even if he came in as cover, not up to Liverpool standard. 
Sobhi - probably the only one that could improve under Klopp with how he plays
Cedric - with VVD, Lovren, Matip - another CB needed?
Romeu - now he would be better than Yacob! He would improve a lot of teams in the league. 
Redmond - I think he's gone past the point of having potential. He's now 24 and not playing regularly for a side that's even going down? If you need a winger there's plenty out there that you could get that are better than Redmond (not Mahrez :ph34r: )

Pieters is a LB but he's built like a CB. He would be a good backup and squad guy for europe, cups, etc. He was pretty good when he was at PSV, we just like ruining players lol. I will tell you Sobhi is a bit overrated tbh. 

• Administrator

Going to today's game vs Arsenal with a family friend and his mate used to work at Monarch. He's now an ops manager mainly at Gatwick and he's responsible for Liverpool's tour of the USA in summer. Apparently Liverpool are spending £1.6m on an A380 for this tour xD

I don't know if I'm more jealous of this mate of his or more incredulous on how much Liverpool are spending on this pre season tour xD

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/even-a-worst-case-scenario-finish-to-the-season-won't-mask-the-progress-made-at-liverpool-1.1025127

Written before yesterday's games but the point still stands. Also makes you realise how much more difficult it is to secure a top four place now than it was when we were last reaching a European Cup final.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

So Keita has cost us just over 52m. Obviously a big price, but if he plays to his potential that could end up being another quality bit of business.

He'll be suspended for half the season 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

He'll be suspended for half the season 

You'd think so, but English refs are so shit that I assume having a much dirtier player will somehow give us more penalties somehow, even though that doesn't make sense. That's just how dogshit our refs are.