talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, apparantly Klopp confirmed it last night after the match I read? 

"He will not be ready for Tuesday and the rest [of the season] we will see," said Klopp, whose side face Wolves on the final day next Sunday.

Obviously doesn't sound great but still a chance he makes Wolves

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

"He will not be ready for Tuesday and the rest [of the season] we will see," said Klopp, whose side face Wolves on the final day next Sunday.

Obviously doesn't sound great but still a chance he makes Wolves

Ah fair enough, I'd read that he'd confirmed after the game he was out. Can't remember where now.

• Subscriber

From what I read about the Salah situation, he was up and around after the game was over and they are just being pre-cautious here. Last thing anyone wants is to have negligence contribute to a player's health/life. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

From what I read about the Salah situation, he was up and around after the game was over and they are just being pre-cautious here. Last thing anyone wants is to have negligence contribute to a player's health/life. 

Reports this morning suggest that he's out of Tuesday. Think Klopp's press conference is about to get underway so we should have confirmation soon.

What would everyone play Tuesday assuming we're without Salah as well as Firmino?

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Reports this morning suggest that he's out of Tuesday. Think Klopp's press conference is about to get underway so we should have confirmation soon.

What would everyone play Tuesday assuming we're without Salah as well as Firmino?

You can add Keita to that list for any kind of dynamics in midfield as well. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

You can add Keita to that list for any kind of dynamics in midfield as well. 

Yeah good point.

I certainly wouldn't be starting Sturridge. We want a fast start and need to be all over them early on. Think I'd go Mane through the middle Origi on the left. The right is a difficult one. Shaqiri seems like the only option given Chamberlain probably isn't ready for a start

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah good point.

I certainly wouldn't be starting Sturridge. We want a fast start and need to be all over them early on. Think I'd go Mane through the middle Origi on the left. The right is a difficult one. Shaqiri seems like the only option given Chamberlain probably isn't ready for a start

I dont know how I feel about Shaqiri starting either but out of the two I think he's better at applying pressure on the defense and is far better at pushing up faster. 

Allisson

Trent - Matip - VVD - Robertson

Fabinho - Gini

Henderson

Shaqiri - Origi? - Mane

I know hes not a popular choice but Lallana could possibly help create some kind of passing coverage up front?

51 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont know how I feel about Shaqiri starting either but out of the two I think he's better at applying pressure on the defense and is far better at pushing up faster. 

Allisson

Trent - Matip - VVD - Robertson

Fabinho - Gini

Henderson

Shaqiri - Origi? - Mane

I know hes not a popular choice but Lallana could possibly help create some kind of passing coverage up front?

Forgot about Lallana. What's happened to him? Don't think he's been on the bench recently has he?

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Forgot about Lallana. What's happened to him? Don't think he's been on the bench recently has he?

Don't think hes in favor at the moment also because he goes missing every now and then and will have one good game out of 10. Shame really since he does have skill its just his application and end-product that have been missing. At one point he was one of our better players too.

• Administrator

Yes, I know it's TalkSport

Yes, I know it's one deluded fan not representative of all...

Don't spoil such a quality season with stupid suggestions like this though xD

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

You said it. You also missed 'possible fan of another club on a wind up' which clearly happens on stations like this

For the good of football, please win or draw tomorrow Leicester... A new champion would be nice and I would definitely prefer Liverpool win it over City as they are a much proper club and more than anything the players and Klopp deserve something after the CL final loss last year and also for the way they kept it up with City.

It was Asura

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You said it. You also missed 'possible fan of another club on a wind up' which clearly happens on stations like this

True. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why would one fan on a talk murdoch 'spoil the season'? What a stupid comment. 

Claiming for a 2nd place trophy xD

I meant spoil the season from his point of view, not in general. Obviously if they don't win the title it's gonna be shit but at the same time they're gonna be one of the best teams ever not to win the league with how they've played.

Don't take everything to heart mate. It's not healthy for you :) Do you always focus on the negative as well in life outside here? 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

It’s a stupid suggestion but what do you mean by “don’t spoil such a quality season”?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s a stupid suggestion but what do you mean by “don’t spoil such a quality season”?

With ludicrous suggestions like that. It's embarrassing to ask for a trophy for 2nd place. I know he's probably the only one that has suggested it and if it's a genuine suggestion I feel sorry for him - but I think just revel in the fact that this season has been so good to watch on top of last season too. Revel in the fact you've got some quality players in the club and a really good manager guiding them. How many teams have pushed this City side this close in the league under Guardiola? 

Maybe 'spoil the season' was the wrong words.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

With ludicrous suggestions like that. It's embarrassing to ask for a trophy for 2nd place. I know he's probably the only one that has suggested it and if it's a genuine suggestion I feel sorry for him - but I think just revel in the fact that this season has been so good to watch on top of last season too. Revel in the fact you've got some quality players in the club and a really good manager guiding them. How many teams have pushed this City side this close in the league under Guardiola? 

Maybe 'spoil the season' was the wrong words.

His suggestion is stupid, but he’s someone that’s called into TalkSport so of course he’s stupid.

I know we’ve got great players and a great manager, but at this point I just feel fully fucking defeated. We had great players under Rafa and had just one title contending season, where we were robbed by this bullshit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/sep/21/liverpool.stokecity

(tried to find a video because I know I used to YouTube but I don’t know where it is now) - but with the video it really highlights how much the referee fucked us. But after that season we fucking imploded.

Then we had Rodgers and for a while had 3 great players and 2 promising players growing with the game and we had a title challenge. But we also had one of the worst defenses in Europe and never did a fucking thing to address it tactically and just hoped we could overpower teams to the title, we didn’t.

Now we’ve got 94 fucking points. I never thought we’d have this many points. And it just seems like in those rare seasons we actually compete in a title race some other club of cunts just has to go on and also have an incredible season. It’s never like the years where a title winner gets crowned a few weeks (or months in City’s case last year), so I’m actually unimaginably bitter as fuck about that. Like I cannot put it into words how fucking irritating it is and how much I’m pissed off about it.

This season has me just about convinced that we won’t ever win the league while I’m alive, and I’m absolutely fucking gutted.

The only way this season isn’t spoiled for us is if one or two miracles happen. No way I’m looking back on it fondly if by the end of the season things are as they are now.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His suggestion is stupid, but he’s someone that’s called into TalkSport so of course he’s stupid.

I know we’ve got great players and a great manager, but at this point I just feel fully fucking defeated. We had great players under Rafa and had just one title contending season, where we were robbed by this bullshit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/sep/21/liverpool.stokecity

(tried to find a video because I know I used to YouTube but I don’t know where it is now) - but with the video it really highlights how much the referee fucked us. But after that season we fucking imploded.

Then we had Rodgers and for a while had 3 great players and 2 promising players growing with the game and we had a title challenge. But we also had one of the worst defenses in Europe and never did a fucking thing to address it tactically and just hoped we could overpower teams to the title, we didn’t.

Now we’ve got 94 fucking points. I never thought we’d have this many points. And it just seems like in those rare seasons we actually compete in a title race some other club of cunts just has to go on and also have an incredible season. It’s never like the years where a title winner gets crowned a few weeks (or months in City’s case last year), so I’m actually unimaginably bitter as fuck about that. Like I cannot put it into words how fucking irritating it is and how much I’m pissed off about it.

This season has me just about convinced that we won’t ever win the league while I’m alive, and I’m absolutely fucking gutted.

The only way this season isn’t spoiled for us is if one or two miracles happen. No way I’m looking back on it fondly if by the end of the season things are as they are now.

Fair enough. Can't really complain at that and it's nice to get a sensible and realistic outlook on how you'd feel to be fair. 

Regarding winning the title - you will. I'm sure of it. Who knows when but I actually think it'll be sooner rather than later (within next 5 years perhaps?). City won't be like this all the time and as long as you stay competitive (unlike Utd and Arsenal when they've gone through their period of change) then you always have a chance, in my opinion. I can't imagine Guardiola will be there for that long - maybe another few seasons? But it's not like Man City don't have their weaknesses. They're not perfect or unbreakable/unbeatable. They're a mighty fucking juggernaut but let's not act like Liverpool aren't either given how many points you've accumulated. Even when you were off form you were still plucking out results/gaining points. You don't get that many points by fluke or pure luck and at least you've improved on your weaknesses, which were glaringly obvious (defence as you say and goal-keeper). 

I think what's now important (whether you win the league or not really) is continuously improving on the squad and not just spending for the sake of it. Remaining competitive.