talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Gonzo hit every single point perfectly. This season has been a fucking horrible one. We have done more than enough to win the bastard league, but City and their bottomless pit of resources has fucking ruined it. Fuck them more than ever before. 

I don't particularly dislike Kompany either, he's the model pro and you have to respect what he's done. That being said, I absolutely fucking hate him for that stupid goal he scored last night. City needed a screamer to beat Leicester, and of all people it's the fucking old centre half that does it. Annoying beyond words.

• Upvote 1

We need to be consistent in getting 80-90 points a season now. Ok some years it might not be enough to even challenge but others it will. If you only challenge once every 5 years then you can come up against teams like this City one and the United one in 2009.

I think this side is well placed to do just that. Of course no one knows what the future holds, we have to get recruitment right to stay up there. It does feel different to the previous two times we challenged under Benitez and Rodgers for me.

• Subscriber

Liverpool might not hit 97 points again in the near future but it's also highly unlikely that City can keep hitting 100 year in, year out. With two Premier Leagues in the bag you can expect Pep to shift more of their resources towards making sure they win a Champions League before he leaves so that may open the door for someone else. I can't see this Liverpool team getting significantly weaker for at least a couple of seasons and I also can't see any of the others behind reaching the level Liverpool and City have established for another couple of years so there's every chance you can win the league next season or the one after. Funny if you don't though.

As for the phonecall, it probably is a Liverpool fan. There's enough of them out there that there's bound to be one who's genuinely that stupid. Doesn't exactly matter though.

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about the Champions league, and the dearth of top teams we've had this season. Bayern, Barca and Juventus are usually elite, 3 of the best in the world. But recently they've been bullying their respective weakened leagues with unspectacular football and calling it a 'success'. PSG have yet to ascend past that same level. Spurs were outplayed for huge stretches of the game by Dortmund, probably were the worse team for about 100 of the 180 minutes, but during those 80 minutes scored an outrageous number of goals considering, then they were outplayed by City and won again. They're far from a special team.

Only 3 teams this season can claim to be great champions. Ajax, Liverpool and City. City are gone. Only Ajax or liverpool 'deserves' to win this seasons CL, as they are 2 of the truly special sides this season. 

If Spurs beat Ajax then liverpool you all have my permission to spack out. I know I would. 

And yes. The above means I feel robbed whenever a decent or nomark team just sort of jimmies their way into the CL final and wins it (see 2012, 2004) But that's football for you.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie
  • Upvote 4

It would be a harder game for us but I'd still prefer to see a Liverpool Ajax final.

In fact I was hoping we'd draw Ajax in each stage of the knock outs just because I thought it would be an awesome clash and I wanted the chance to play them.

It's the kind of matchup that you want to see for your club, playing another really special side, and not one you come across every day. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Harry said:

It would be a harder game for us but I'd still prefer to see a Liverpool Ajax final.

It would be funny in my point of view if the final was between Spurs & Liverpool as my son's best mate is a Spurs man down South who even came to our son's wedding, I can just imagine the banter between the two of them on Facebook before and after whoever wins, it's bad and funny enough when they play each other in any other league or cup match.   

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Would defo rather play Ajax. Don't want to be playing an English club in a European final

Because its boring?

Or you think our chances are better vs non-English?

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You should hope for Spurs imo

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Liverpool v Ajax would be great. 

Agree with both. 

Spurs will probably bottle it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

In fact I was hoping we'd draw Ajax in each stage of the knock outs just because I thought it would be an awesome clash and I wanted the chance to play them.

It's the kind of matchup that you want to see for your club, playing another really special side, and not one you come across every day. 

That’s the ideal final for neutrals as well because it’s 2 clubs that are European royalty.

I can also mentally handle losing the European Cup to Ajax better than I could handle losing it to Spurs.

Also I’ve just seen this:

what a night for those kids

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You should hope for Spurs imo

Putting aside my previous point of a game that is more enjoyable and mouth watering.

We might have a better chance against Spurs, but if we lose then we have to watch them lift the cup.

Ajax would have a better chance, but at least I could stomach  the outcome.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s the ideal final for neutrals as well because it’s 2 clubs that are European royalty.

I can also mentally handle losing the European Cup to Ajax better than I could handle losing it to Spurs.

Sensational! 

No longer is Iago Aspas’ the most famous corner kick ever taken at Anfield. 

And Oakley played a huge part in that.

Always a danger a league rival can work you out a bit more. I thought Spurs were extremely unfortunate to lose at Anfield and arguably should have won in the second half. Then again I think Liverpool are just a better side than Spurs, so would be favourites. Ajax look brilliant, see how they get on tonight.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I bet you that will hit the football grapevine around Europe, how to take a corner against Barca, but saying that I bet the fuck the Barca manager/coaches will make sure they DON'T do that again!! 

• Upvote 1