talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

I’m gonna be honest, this season has been awful for my mental health and it feels worse than being totally shite, having a good side that’s  almost guaranteed to not going to win anything this season.

I don’t know how much more I can take being a football fan tbh, might be time for me to pack it in

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m gonna be honest, this season has been awful for my mental health and it feels worse than being totally shite, having a good side that’s  almost guaranteed to not going to win anything this season.

I don’t know how much more I can take being a football fan tbh, might be time for me to pack it in

Gosh. Mate don't give up hope that the unexpected could happen for us in the next two weeks. We are due a reverse moment of the 13/14 slip sequence so you never know when strange things can happen. Think of what happened in Istanbul mate, that didn't seem at all likely either.

Honestly I totally get why others are but this season I'm not going to be devastated if we don't win. I'm just too fucking proud. We have been dominant. The best I've ever seen. The title is why we're here but the way we are playing gives me every confidence that regular title races will be a part of our future under Klopp. We haven't choked. We haven't given City an inch. And even now you can still see how hungry Klopp is so he's got a lot he wants to achieve here.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Gosh. Mate don't give up hope that the unexpected could happen for us in the next two weeks. We are due a reverse moment of the 13/14 slip sequence so you never know when strange things can happen. Think of what happened in Istanbul mate, that didn't seem at all likely either.

Honestly I totally get why others are but this season I'm not going to be devastated if we don't win. I'm just too fucking proud. We have been dominant. The best I've ever seen. The title is why we're here but the way we are playing gives me every confidence that regular title races will be a part of our future under Klopp. We haven't choked. We haven't given City an inch. And even now you can still see how hungry Klopp is so he's got a lot he wants to achieve here.

It just feels like I’ve been here before but this time is more heartbreaking than any other “nearly” season I’ve ever experienced. It’s hard for me to hang onto any hope

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It just feels like I’ve been here before but this time is more heartbreaking than any other “nearly” season I’ve ever experienced. It’s hard for me to hang onto any hope

It's fucking shit that City lost the Champions league. Can't help but think if they'd had a grueling two leg tie with a Juve it could have greatly improved the odds for us in the league. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Never give in buddy, always keep the faith, United have not been the same since Fergie left but I won't give up the faith, there will be another Fergie around the corner and maybe Ole is, like there is another Shanks/Paisley around the corner and maybe Klopp is, you are miles ahead (and City) in talent and flair from the likes of United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal and it's catch up time for the latter to match Liverpool & City this year and hopefully the gulf between the two can be reached in the next year or two. 

Edited by CaaC - John

1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

Never give in buddy, always keep the faith, United have not been the same since Fergie left but I won't give up the faith, there will be another Fergie around the corner and maybe Ole is like there is another Shanks/Paisley around the corner and maybe Klopp is, you are miles ahead (and City) in talent and flair from the likes of United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal and it's catch up time for the latter to match Liverpool & City this year and hopefully the gulf between the two can be reached in the next year or two. 

Tbf 30 years is a lot longer than 5 xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Gonzo. Don't give up. We will qualify on Tuesday night. And who knows, Leicester could frustrate City. We can only pray.

I want to have hope re: Leicester and then I remember it’s that fraud Brendan Rodgers and he’ll be “organising a defense” against Man City. Organising a defense is in quotes because Rodgers has no clue how to organise a defense. Our only chance is if Vardy has a massive night, I don’t like our odds.

Keita’s season is over too, thank you for that Rakitic - you dirty fucking cunt.

Vardy up against their defence (which isn't all that, never has been. They get away with is because teams are too scared to go at them) is something Id like to see. 

I think Leicester can do them. Just depends which Leicester turn up. The really good footballing Leicester, or the shit can't string two passes together Leicester. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Vardy up against their defence (which isn't all that, never has been. They get away with is because teams are too scared to go at them) is something Id like to see. 

I think Leicester can do them. Just depends which Leicester turn up. The really good footballing Leicester, or the shit can't string two passes together Leicester. 

With Rodgers in charge the pendulum has swung in to the 'really good footballing' Leicester side but the Puel-shaped cracks are still lingering.

Despite that, still think City will get the points. Sorry lads/ladies.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Gonzo. Don't give up. We will qualify on Tuesday night.

Messi injured? 

As much a fortress as Anfield is, I cannot see them scoring three without Barca Messi replying. They have the league wrapped up as well so no doubt everyone will be rested at the weekend. 

Edited by Cicero

4 hours ago, Harry said:

It's fucking shit that City lost the Champions league. Can't help but think if they'd had a grueling two leg tie with a Juve it could have greatly improved the odds for us in the league. 

We was cheated out the CL by a hand ball goal

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Messi injured? 

As much a fortress as Anfield is, I cannot see them scoring three without Barca Messi replying. They have the league wrapped up as well so no doubt everyone will be rested at the weekend. 

It's unlikely but there's nothing wrong with any of our lot having belief the tie can be turned around when you consider some of the games we have had in Europe. Anything is possible and all that.

Barca also have a recent history of shipping goals away from home in the knockout stages.

• Subscriber

If you look at the game last night, he was starved of the ball until they made the tactical switch and it changed the entire game. Not giving Alba enough to do really hurt us there and if that is sorted then we have a chance even if it is a slim one. Can't imagine us not scoring at home either its been a mainstay of this team.

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We was cheated out the CL by a hand ball goal

Yeah but it's cities fault the tie was close enough that event proved to be the difference when your loads better than Tottenham.

Yeah it's a shame for him that his first season has seen him in and out of the side with injuries. You're right that he was starting to look like he was finally settling in.

Hopefully we start to see the beat of him on a more regular basis next season

So Klopp has confirmed that Firmino is out for the rest of our season. With Salah looking unlikely for Tuesday, it has went from an unlikely task to an impossible one for us to beat Barcelona. Gutted.

Hopefully Salah is back for next Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

So Klopp has confirmed that Firmino is out for the rest of our season. With Salah looking unlikely for Tuesday, it has went from an unlikely task to an impossible one for us to beat Barcelona. Gutted.

Hopefully Salah is back for next Sunday. 

Don't think Firmino is confirmed to be out of Wolves is he?