talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

I think booing Owen when he's playing in a charity match is a bit out of order tbh. Outside of that, Owen was my second childhood hero after Fowler and it's a bit shit that he's not fondly remembered by our fans after single handedly winning the FA Cup but he only has himself to blame really.

• Subscriber
On 23/03/2019 at 17:04, CaaC - John said:

All through the match, our son kept yelling with the Anfield faithful every time Gerard had the ball "SHOOT, SHOOT...", Gerrard did twice and put it over the bar but when Milan made it 2-2 with around 5 minutes to go, Gerrard did shoot and scored the winner, 3-2.   

• Subscriber

Mo followers, Mo problems

Mohamed Salah has become one of the biggest names in football since joining Liverpool and is a favourite at Anfield for his goal-scoring exploits.

With the Reds not playing during the international break, the Egyptian sent a message to supporters on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

On 19/03/2019 at 08:53, LFCMike said:

I don't think that's the case with either. Gomez was initially expected back in February so they've taken their time with him after his set back. Chamberlain will have been out just short of a year come the end of the month

Every club needs to learn from Owen Hargreaves situation 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently Nike wants to be our next shirt sponsor. I wouldn't have any complaints, other than the fact that they're the most boring kit manufacturer and all of their fucking kits are template bullshite and I don't want that.

I think New Balance has been rather good and I personally can't stand Nike as a kit manufacturer anyways. Doesn't FSG own NB?

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is anyone arsed really though if the club are going to be getting silly money for the deal?

Good point. In the end it shouldn't really matter to the club since they'd be getting a big sum and from the looks of things they are.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-liverpool-kit-nike-agreement-15607258

to overshadow the 750 million that City gets is beneficial to the club.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently Nike wants to be our next shirt sponsor. I wouldn't have any complaints, other than the fact that they're the most boring kit manufacturer and all of their fucking kits are template bullshite and I don't want that.

Most big manufacturers are to be fair - Nike, Adidas, Puma are the big guns in the football kit world and all make templates to sell to clubs. 

Just now, Stan said:

We won the league in them so it might help you out ;)

I think City being kinda shite that year was more helpful than your kit tbh.

I know City is basically a PR project for the UAE... but it’s miserably failed on me, I fucking hate the UAE now because of them. The world should go green so Citeh go back to being shite.

• Subscriber

Hate him or love him R.I.P. Tommy, one of the last of the hard nuts of football of years gone by, not like nowadays, touch someone with your finger and they fall down and roll over if they had been hit by a steam roller, in Smiths days players would get hacked down by the likes of Norman "Bite Your Legs" Hunter and they would just pick themselves up, dust themselves down and get on with the game.