talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

20 years of TFF/TF365

football forum

25 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Too much stuff has gone on. Fiddys meltdown was fantastic when he was just threatening everyone xD. I also enjoyed being banned from the special member section by the United fan that refused to come over as a mod. Strange lad.

Was that CC is Klaas?

• Like 1

Some of the worst football opinions I've heard on here/said myself:

- Ospina was the 2nd best keeper in the world. He was outrageously good in his prime but he was never 2nd best (from me).

- Chile was an elite football nation (Teso)

- Nigeria would make the 2014 WC semi-finals or else we'd be put under black magic (InnocentBoy)

- Could Klopp get sacked? Despite having won a title the season before, after having lost 2 in a row and having a shit performance vs Flamengo and Monterrey. (The Artful Dodger)

- Messi and Iniesta would play for free (Skarm)

- Jelavic was better than Suarez (Halewood)

- Czech Republic and Greece would finish above most South American countries (Rucksanfranzose)

- VAR would be an instant success (Batard and Stan)

Some of the best aged opinions

- De Gea was average at best. Said this back in 2014 despite getting shit from Fusion. (from me)

- Voice of Reason on Harry Kane

- Messi was at his prime in 2017/2018 and not in 2011 (SirBalon)

The last one is debatable but seeing it from a more professional standpoint, he was kind of spot on to be honest. Football has become way tougher to play and be flashy in.

26 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Some of the worst football opinions I've heard on here/said myself:

- Ospina was the 2nd best keeper in the world. He was outrageously good in his prime but he was never 2nd best (from me).

- Chile was an elite football nation (Teso)

- Nigeria would make the 2014 WC semi-finals or else we'd be put under black magic (InnocentBoy)

- Could Klopp get sacked? Despite having won a title the season before, after having lost 2 in a row and having a shit performance vs Flamengo and Monterrey. (The Artful Dodger)

- Messi and Iniesta would play for free (Skarm)

- Jelavic was better than Suarez (Halewood)

- Czech Republic and Greece would finish above most South American countries (Rucksanfranzose)

- VAR would be an instant success (Batard and Stan)

You forgot one: "Peru would do better than Croatia at WC 2018" (Goku de Boca)

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Like 1

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

You fotgot one: "Peru would do better than Croatia at WC 2018" (Goku de Boca)

Terrible in the long run but in my opinion I still standby that we were an excellent team back in 2018. Better than Croatia? Probably not, but we could go toe to toe with anyone. I can't say the same about us in 2022, much less today,

• Subscriber

Some good times have been witnessed on here. My personal recent favorite was the time Cannabis tried to organize some scammers to come meet him for drinks at a specific place during the WC in Russia. 

And the infamous "flamethrower" incident in Mafia Wars.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Some good times have been witnessed on here. My personal recent favorite was the time Cannabis tried to organize some scammers to come meet him for drinks at a specific place during the WC in Russia. 

Legend says Denis is still waiting for that phone call....

• Haha 2

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As are Weird World and Innocent Boy. The latter threatening to cast a spell on a forum member, forgot which one, was an absolute highlight in the forum's history.

I think it was various members! Me and you included probably xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Nah peak Messi was 2010-2012. 

That is debatable as I said. He scored way more goals and looked a lot more flashy but it was also easier to score those goals back then. Football has gotten much tougher to stand out in. The other thing you can attribute it to is losing his legs a bit over the years and adapting to a less flashy style. That's why I think it's very debatable. I really liked the playmaking version of Messi we've gotten the last few years but the one that was unstoppable was also very fun.

5 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Some of the best aged opinions

- De Gea was average at best. Said this back in 2014 despite getting shit from Fusion. (from me)

Technically you were saying that when he was great and about to hit his prime. Saying he was average at that time was way worse than saying Ospina was the 2nd best after Neuer.

But anyway, I think I joined around 2010 or 2011, during the time Blake/Berserker joined so he could talk about Falklands and annoy the English members.🤣 I think him and Chris were the ones I interacted the most, then also when Cicero joined and was active in La Liga topics. Of course it was fun seeing his reactions in Fifa games.🤣

Hightlights of when I joined:

• I can't remember the names, but we had like 2-3 great Newcastle fans and their rages and reactions after every game were golden, saying the owners should die in a house fire while deepthroating chainsaws in every topic haha.
  • Was Skarm the Trinidad and Tobago barca kid? Or that's another one? The one that said Messi and Iniesta would play for free because of the love of the club.
  • Swifty calling DeadLinesman "DeadBoobyman" cause he thought he was Big Show. Wasn't Swifty also the one that thought Moaty (the Geordie guy) was Gazza because of their weird profile picture with the cigarettes?
  • Kel saying we should field 11 players from the academy team into the first team. Oh god I miss her.
Edited by Fusion

18 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Technically you were saying that when he was great and about to hit his prime. Saying he was average at that time was way worse than saying Ospina was the 2nd best after Neuer.

It really wasn't. De Gea was never an amazing keeper, but he did have potential. He was very, very acrobatic and had some of the best diving reach in the world, but he would make silly mistakes even back then and was a bit insecure in goal. I never rated him that highly but I did get a bit lucky that he stagnated as a player.

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some guy thinking Renato Tapia will end up at Real or Barca :ph34r:

In my defence, I said this basing his performances for Peru before the World Cup and the fact that the World Cup's prestige always gives many players a move to a big club if you do super well.

And I said exactly that, if he had a good World Cup he would move to those 2. He was concussed and had a very average World Cup. I've said worse comments before.

58 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

That is debatable as I said. He scored way more goals and looked a lot more flashy but it was also easier to score those goals back then. Football has gotten much tougher to stand out in. The other thing you can attribute it to is losing his legs a bit over the years and adapting to a less flashy style. That's why I think it's very debatable. I really liked the playmaking version of Messi we've gotten the last few years but the one that was unstoppable was also very fun.

He was probably a more mature player 2015 onwards but the best footballer I've ever witnessed with my eyes was 2010-12 Messi. 

2018 Messi  doesn't make the entire Real Madrid defence, a defence containing Pepe, Carvalho, and Ramos. look like Sunday league players that 2011 Messi did. 

• Like 1