The better place to talk football.

(CL) Group A - Matchday 6 - Tuesday 12th December, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 20.00 (GMT)

Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Copenhagen vs Galatasaray

image.png

- Copenhagen or Galatasaray must win to secure 2nd place, or draw and hope Man Utd draw/lose

- Man Utd have to win, and need Copenhagen/Galatasaray to draw, in order to qualify for knock-outs. If they lose, they will be out of European football altogether.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Utd getting either a respectable draw or a completely humiliating arse beating. It doesn’t help them that Bayern lost at the weekend either, Tuchel will want to get back on track with a win. Either way I don’t think it’ll matter as the other game won’t end a draw. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Just a reminder Man United are 6th in the Prem, while the Buli 7th Frankfurt have beaten exactly the same Bayern team 5-1 at home just 3 days ago. But somehow are always the non-English leagues the farmer ones.xD

Does that even get said any more these days? 

• Subscriber

It's quite damning how much was being made of the fact Bayern had a shocking result at the weekend and how this is going to give them a kick up the arse for what was essentially a dead rubber, yet Manchester United, at home, who needed a result, weren't getting this rhetoric despite having an even more embarrassing result themselves at the weekend.

The apathy about that club is the baffling thing to me. Muted boos. It's completely soulless. I can't imagine another club of that size where this would bring about so little reaction in the stands.

44 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I know it's a bit of a pile on but on top of the obvious ones, I'd say as many as about 12 of these 15 goals go into the "keeper should do better" category.

Even that one last night, glued to his line, gives Coman one whole side of the goal to aim at and is basically on the floor before the ball is in the net