talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eric Dier Linked with Bayern Munich

Ahem, when you google "Eric Dier Bayern München" the only hit you get is a very dodgey source that explicitely refers to English press reporting that. Not even German transfer rumours sites are mentioning it. I'm sceptical about that therefore, since it would be extraordinary seldom German media don't find out Bayern's intended signings.

Edit: German transfer rumours sites started  mentioning Dier between my op and now.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

I know people slag him off but if you listen to managers who coach him, they generally love him. I think it was Mourinho that spoke about his commitment, work ethic and desire in training and when he played. There’s clearly something happening there that behind the scenes fans don’t get to view much of.

He's a capable squad player in a couple of roles so I don't see why Bayern moving for him is seen as a bad move. 

Players usually do well when walking into functioning sides. Also could be a bit of company for Harry Kane, that also could be thought process.

Edited by Devil

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's a capable squad player in a couple of roles so I don't see why Bayern moving for him is seen as a bad move. 

Players usually do well when walking into functioning sides. Also could be a bit of company for Harry Kane, that also could be thought process.

It's a bit of a surprise that an elite club like Bayern are going for him, but I can imagine that he would be a useful squad player for them. I am sure Kane would have played his part in making this deal happen. Dier has had his critics for some erratic displays, but lets not forget that he has also had some great performances during his career and he was the best player for England at Euro 2016. I am sure Bayern will get the best out of him and that he will no doubt settle in quickly at Bayern with his mate Kane playing there.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

I know people slag him off but if you listen to managers who coach him, they generally love him. I think it was Mourinho that spoke about his commitment, work ethic and desire in training and when he played. There’s clearly something happening there that behind the scenes fans don’t get to view much of.

When he gets on the pitch, all of that goes out the window and he plays mediocre football at best.