talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 23 - 3-5th February, 2024

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man United owe 364m on player transfers,  Chelsea's position doesn't look nearly as bad

Interesting this. I knew we'd done a lot of deals where teams have agreed for us to pay little or nothing up front but pay them in installments. McNeil was a structured deal where we pay Burnley £3m every six months or something. Beto and Chermiti came to about £40m but we paid nothing up front. I'm surprised we're low down on the list because of that. Didn't realise everyone was at it to the same extent.

Classic football clubs isn't it. Basically they've all been spending their future budgets for players in the present day and now it's catching up with them. xD

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Interesting this. I knew we'd done a lot of deals where teams have agreed for us to pay little or nothing up front but pay them in installments. McNeil was a structured deal where we pay Burnley £3m every six months or something. Beto and Chermiti came to about £40m but we paid nothing up front. I'm surprised we're low down on the list because of that. Didn't realise everyone was at it to the same extent.

Classic football clubs isn't it. Basically they've all been spending their future budgets for players in the present day and now it's catching up with them. xD

As it says 2022 I would imagine it’s the end of the 21/22 season as thats the most recent accounts released. Chelsea missing about £920m from that list lol.

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

There is something mentally off with Arsenal.

How is this 1-1 at half time and not like 3 or 4-nil?

I find they always try to walk it in far too often. Like to create the perfect goal how they used to under Wenger. Liverpool laughing into the dressing room going in HT level. 

• Subscriber

Very Arsenaly that. Execute a game plan perfectly and then just undo it with one totally avoidable moment of incompetence. 

Nobody would be surprised to see Liverpool dominate the second half now because Arsenal are generally weak mentally and will let that one setback ruin the confidence they were playing with.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Both mistakes are a sign of playing-out-from-the-back going wrong. The old 90's if-in-doubt-put-it-out could have prevented both goals. But players just aren't trained & programmed to think like that these days.

Not sure that's the case, especially for Arsenal's goal considering it was just one lump up from defence. It was lack of communication and/or responsibility and just a bad mix up. Don't think you can blame playing out the back as the issue, especially as Alisson was looking to smash it away. 

As for the Liverpool goal, again more a lack of communication and good from Diaz to force the mistake. 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

How has Van Dijk not been sent off for that lol

Reiss Nelson is shit man

Checked by VAR too. Clearly kicked out. And then did he step on him as he got up? 

• The topic was unpinned