talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Agree £25m Deal for Savio

Savio turned down Arsenal in 2022

Savio actually turned down the chance to join Arsenal during his time in Brazil, opting to join CFG side Troyes instead as he held aspirations to one day play for Pep Guardiola’s side.

“I knew that Troyes was the City Group and I thought that by working I could one day reach Manchester City,” he said in an interview with Spanish newspaper Sport last year.

• The title was changed to Man City Agree £25m Deal for Savio
50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

600951477_ScreenShot2024-02-06at08_53_42.png.2cb843d816011032b5cd13e23ebb6ab2.png

Definitely not dodgy at all.

That's rich coming from an Everton fan who are confirmed cheats :4_joy: ..he worked his way up through the feeder clubs, props to the kid

Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

he worked his way up through the feeder clubs, props to the kid

Through never playing for one of the clubs? Wow, he must be good...

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

John Textor has done something similar with his Belgium club and Lyon. It's the next loophole they'll close I reckon.

They already trying to stop feeder clubs playing in the CL or something like that i read somewhere

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I guess this is what you call spreading the FFP across many books.  Buying a player from yourself for 25m after he has showed success at La Liga level is not a good look.

It's going to become increasingly prominent now. Newcastle will clearly have explored using the Saudi League for the same reasons though they haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. There's been talk of the involvement between Nottingham Forest and Olympiakos being a bit shady. I have no doubt that if Everton do get bought by 777 then if it suits them, they'll want to do the same between us and Genoa for example. 

It stinks really. People will discuss it from a legal or accountancy perspective but it's football ffs. It's clearly not in the spirit of the rules or fair competition. It's clearly on the radar of the Premier League but they tried to rush through a short-term fix in January to stop clubs making cheeky deals through their affiliates. Unfortunately, a large enough minority of clubs voted it down and they needed 14 to pass it, or something like that. Everton were among the clubs who voted against it, which I was disappointed with. This is the problem with the Premier League clubs being allowed to make the rules themselves. It's the wild west. Every single one of them will just vote in their own interests with no regard for the greater good. An independent regulator is essential.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's going to become increasingly prominent now. Newcastle will clearly have explored using the Saudi League for the same reasons though they haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. There's been talk of the involvement between Nottingham Forest and Olympiakos being a bit shady. I have no doubt that if Everton do get bought by 777 then if it suits them, they'll want to do the same between us and Genoa for example. 

It stinks really. People will discuss it from a legal or accountancy perspective but it's football ffs. It's clearly not in the spirit of the rules or fair competition. It's clearly on the radar of the Premier League but they tried to rush through a short-term fix in January to stop clubs making cheeky deals through their affiliates. Unfortunately, a large enough minority of clubs voted it down and they needed 14 to pass it, or something like that. Everton were among the clubs who voted against it, which I was disappointed with. This is the problem with the Premier League clubs being allowed to make the rules themselves. It's the wild west. Every single one of them will just vote in their own interests with no regard for the greater good. An independent regulator is essential.

I have no problem with buying from your feeder system,  as long as it is fair reflective market value.   If you consider Transfermrket a very liberal valuation and normally much lower than players go for,  Savio to City is below even his TM valuation. 

Must suck to be a fan of one of the clubs lower down the chain. You'd have to question why you're still a fan if the club is just there to be used as a cog for another club's machine.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Must suck to be a fan of one of the clubs lower down the chain. You'd have to question why you're still a fan if the club is just there to be used as a cog for another club's machine.

Arsenal have 3 feeder clubs and have used french teams to groom their players without benefits to them.  At least a feeder club gets money and publicity from a perent club as well as youth prospects to help develop.

In terms of feeders Arsenal have 3 and i think City and Man U have like 5 or 6.  Liberpool have 1 and Newcastle have 0, we are trying to get a network with a scandenavian club and develop ties to Feyenoord but that can be problematic as Feyenoord are a club that can make european competitions.  Im not sure how it will work other than using our vastly wider reach to help get Feyenoord recognised over a wider audience.

• Subscriber

There's a difference between two independent clubs entering a mutually beneficial parent/feeder club relationship and the owner of an elite club buying up multiple other clubs across the world to be used as pawns to play the system.

Man Utd have a relationship with a Belgian club if I'm not mistaken, Royal Antwerp. The idea is that they loan their youth players out there when they're ready for first team football to take the next step in their development. Antwerp get access to young talent, Man Utd get their players developed, I assume Man Utd send Antwerp some sort of payment as well. But Man Utd never had the power to send Antwerp £15m to buy a player and then buy them off Antwerp for £30m later on so that their spreadsheet could say they spend £30m on a player when in reality they spent £45m.

Now this isn't what's happened with Man City. Troyes signed the player for £6m or something. I'm sure Man City or Girona could easily have afforded that if the owners wanted them to play for those clubs. The fact he went to Troyes, never played for them and immediately got loaned to PSV and then Girona is dodgy as fuck though. What was he doing going to a second-tier French side if he was already good enough to play in the Dutch League? I don't know exactly why City's ownership group would have done something like that but it's clearly some sort of tactical accounting and I'm afraid nobody can convince me that it doesn't stink in some way.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Arsenal or Liverpool have feeder clubs lol

You have a Belgian side and Arsenal have three, mimosa from Sierra Leone, Lorient France are two of them.

The feeder club system is not the problem, they mostly get financial benefits through direct money and any affiliation sponsors, it helps small clubs survive.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You have a Belgian side and Arsenal have three, mimosa from Sierra Leone, Lorient France are two of them.

The feeder club system is not the problem, they mostly get financial benefits through direct money and any affiliation sponsors, it helps small clubs survive.

Liverpool don’t have a Belgian feeder club - that was United and I’m not sure they still have that relationship.

Have you ever tried websites like Google or Wikipedia? They’re very popular and a good way of looking things up, instead of just confidently making things up.

You can also use observations to make conclusions. There being no Belgian players in our first team or academy would probably be a good clue… I’m pretty sure the last Belgian we had was signed from Sunderland, who are located in… England, not Belgium. Not do we have players on loan at any Belgian clubs.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Liverpool don’t have a Belgian feeder club - that was United and I’m not sure they still have that relationship.

Have you ever tried websites like Google or Wikipedia? They’re very popular and a good way of looking things up, instead of just confidently making things up.

You can also use observations to make conclusions. There being no Belgian players in our first team or academy would probably be a good clue… I’m pretty sure the last Belgian we had was signed from Sunderland, who are located in… England, not Belgium. Not do we have players on loan at any Belgian clubs.

So your feeder club are a Belgian team based in the Wearside of Belgium?? All starting to unravel now...

• Haha 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

So your feeder club are a Belgian team based in the Wearside of Belgium?? All starting to unravel now...

Makes sense. Belgium's border looks like this didn't you know...

image.png