talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chocolate Chicken, would you eat it?

football forum

Would you eat chocolate chicken?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Chocolate Chicken

I mean you use chocolate for Chili con or sin Carne as well. As long as it's not drowned in it, and it's just there to complement the other spices and ingredients. Sure. 

I had a Mayan coffee that was essentially just a dark chocolate coffee with cayenne pepper, and it was surprisingly amazing. 

I can see how a sauce made of dark bitter chocolate with cayenne pepper would work well with chicken. 

• Upvote 3

Why don't giving it a chance? In my experience there's a lot of food with ingredients with tastes complimenting each other well, although my first instinct was telling me that wouldn't combine palatable.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber

I will try most things at least once and having a more open mind means trying some very odd combinations and flavours, on the topic sure Id try it. Having traveled to very different parts of the world and eventually marrying a Filipino here at some point has definitely opened my eyes. However the one dish I have turned down trying was Balut... Its a fertilized developing egg embryo...usually duck I think? I just cant do it man. 

It's probably good, it's at least worth trying once. And if it's shit maybe twice but made by someone else, you should probably try it twice more like @Coma - but maybe this time having it made by someone else.

Out of curiosity, where's this particular dish come from in the world? Because there's some places where they've got enough good food, I'm a lot less scared to try something that seems "weird" just cos it's way different to what I'm used to - because they've got the track record of making tasty food.

*edit* Just googled and found 2 recipes. One's Italian, the other's Mexican. Yeah, I'd try both of those. Those countries know how to make delicious meals more often than not.

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I would imagine I would try it but liking it would be another thing lol, the wife said a big NO so that puts her out of the picture cooking it for me.

608173810_download(1).thumb.png.13dc1273ba19e08b271dcbc30bb2eca6.png

Fuck eating it like that and especially fuck the peas. 

I think the best way to eat it would just to treat it like consome.  Take a nice chicken breast and dip it in. 

Wait... mole poblano is a type of chocolate chicken.

I've had it, it's really good. It's a very dark and bittersweet chocolate they use in it. It's delicious tbh. @CaaC (John) they're not just melting down a Cadbury bar for the chicken's sauce.

Anyways, if you voted no - I strongly urge you reconsider because it's very good and you're doing your tastebuds a disservice by immediately ruling out eating it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyways, if you voted no - I strongly urge you reconsider because it's very good and you're doing your tastebuds a disservice by immediately ruling out eating it.

I am gradually having a re-think, here, surfing around on the net, I like mushroom cream sauce so this just might be good...I think. O.o

The wine added got me going  :drunk:  xD

download.thumb.png.18f96b7a51cee39014947484fa30555b.png

• Upvote 1

I’ve made it plenty of times, especially since I was named an honourary Mexicano this one time at party when I impressed everyone with my tequila antics. It’s not sweet dairy chocolate, it’s dark cooking chocolate. It’s bitter and cocoa flavour, not sweat Cadbury. I also get pechuga en mole often when I visit the taqueria. Pinche gringos.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I will try most things at least once and having a more open mind means trying some very odd combinations and flavours, on the topic sure Id try it. Having traveled to very different parts of the world and eventually marrying a Filipino here at some point has definitely opened my eyes. However the one dish I have turned down trying was Balut... Its a fertilized developing egg embryo...usually duck I think? I just cant do it man. 

Balut is tasty.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Balut is tasty.

So every Filipino says, I just cant bring myself to try it xD I didnt mind Dinuguan, smells funky but taste is fine. Idk im a coward maybe. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Balut is tasty.

The wife would freak out if I showed her the receipt and a photo of Balut, as she loves ducks and has ornaments all over the flat here of ducks. xD

image.jpeg.dc16006f8dba7fe2fece7fc688027a8d.jpeg  image.jpeg.9bd0c547409414edcb2d4bd7367adf4c.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife would freak out if I showed her the receipt and a photo of Balut, as she loves ducks and has ornaments all over the flat here of ducks. xD

image.jpeg.dc16006f8dba7fe2fece7fc688027a8d.jpeg  image.jpeg.9bd0c547409414edcb2d4bd7367adf4c.jpeg

I would not eat balut because... just look at that, I'm not eating that

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

download.png.a8395fa6e793b2462b02eb911b2f1370.png

I can just imagine sticking a fork or spoon in to eat that and then the eye opens up and screams...I think I would shite a brick and then faint. O.o

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You don’t eat it like that you numpties, you don’t peel the bloody thing open and say cheerio to the damn embryo, Just down the hatch

• Haha 3

• Administrator
13 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am gradually having a re-think, here, surfing around on the net, I like mushroom cream sauce so this just might be good...I think. O.o

The wine added got me going  :drunk:  xD

download.thumb.png.18f96b7a51cee39014947484fa30555b.png

But that's not chocolate chicken. You're having a rethink on something different... 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

But that's not chocolate chicken. You're having a rethink on something different.

Aye, you are right, I just looked at the menu, when I googled Chocolate Chicken that photo came up so I took it as Chocolate Chicken, it looks nice though and I don't think the wife would mind making me that looking at the menu. :D

Edit: I would imagine you could add some chocolate?

image.png.f75920d07f14ce3e80892d7ec042455f.png

16 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

That shite can get fucked.  Just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Coma said:

That shite can get fucked.  Just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should.

I know I used to eat winkles from a shell when I was a wee nipper with my dad but if he showed me something like that, then, I would have run a mile.