talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 36 - 3-6th May, 2024

• Subscriber

Love to see Arsenal deny City but it just won't happen. As I said since Liverpool drew at Old Trafford, City don't and won't blink if you put it in their hands regardless of whether there's 3 or 23 games to the end of the season.

Fulham, Spurs, West Ham, prove me wrong.

Spurs have been slapped up the last few weeks, so it’s nice for them to end that run today against us. Because I expect another bollocks result & performance from us. I’ve no expectations from us for the rest of this season, so a convincing win would be a lovely surprise. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

Spurs have been slapped up the last few weeks, so it’s nice for them to end that run today against us. Because I expect another bollocks result & performance from us. I’ve no expectations from us for the rest of this season, so a convincing win would be a lovely surprise. 

Im expecting the opposite really. With all the pressure gone of trying to win a title I think these players will show up and leave us all wondering what happened the last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Im expecting the opposite really. With all the pressure gone of trying to win a title I think these players will show up and leave us all wondering what happened the last few weeks. 

We’ve been pretty poor lately, I’ve got basically no expectations. Especially with Spurs confirming the CL for us over the week.

Could do with Liverpool aiming to finish with a bit of pride. Spurs will look to give it a go, with 7 points to make up over their 4, to Villa's 2.

On Brighton 1 - 0 Villa. Kind of back to the drop off for Villa now, after the resurgence of recent weeks.

I did think Spurs were capable of going zero from 12, but didn't genuinely expect it.

If they do carry on & lose this one, even if they get 3 wins, with a bucket load of goals Vs Burnley, Man City & Sheffield United. Villa would just need 1 more win from Liverpool or Palace.

Feels like both sides just staggering toward the finish line. A decent chance Villa stay 4th with 2 defeats.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Spurs body language is horrendous.

They've given up. 

Season's done for them. 

• Subscriber

Can't be too upset with that but the little collapse mid-game still shows that not all is okay with the way this team responds to a goal even when they are up; putting aside what happens when the opponent is ahead. Feel like the next two games are a mixed bag and I think we'll beat Villa but lose to Wolves at home. 

Hoping the Palace boys help us out and beat Yanited.

We control our own destiny now and we need to be looking to winning out the season.  It was incredible to see Pope and Joelinton back which is big for us in the run in.

I'm not sure why Lewis hall was not played more, he has been very good, I'm not sure on the reason why we waited so long to play him.

• Administrator

One of those games where Palace at really, really good and Man Utd are the complete opposite. 

• Subscriber

How much worse could United actually do if they just sold every single member of their squad for whatever they could get for them and used the proceeds to start from scratch with a new manager and a new culture?

Posted (edited)

Your natural instinct when you see United losing 3-0 to Palace is to think what the fuck, but I've just seen their back line. Wan Bissaka at left back with Evans and Casemiro at centre back...yeah I'm not surprised it's 3-0 Palace. United have been hit by a plethora of injuries but also 2 Summer's of pretty bad transfer planning (that goes beyond ten Haag) that leads to them playing with a bad defence and then Eriksen at the base with Mainoo....not to mention Antony started.

Will be interesting to see how the Summer transfer window goes.

Edited by Danny

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Danny said:

Your natural instinct when you see United losing 3-0 to Palace is to think what the fuck

Is it? xD If I'd been out all night and switched the tele on right now and seen the score I genuinely don't think I'd bat an eyelid.

No word of a lie, I'd be a lot more shocked to see Man Utd go to Selhurst Park and be 3-0 or 4-0 up than this.

It's a miracle Man Utd are in the top half to be honest. And the FA Cup final! They look like one of the worst teams in the league whenever I see them and they just seem to be constantly getting battered and embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned