talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(R16) England (aet)2-1 Slovakia - Sunday 30th June, 2024

football forums

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Bellingham, Kane, and Foden have gotten enough stick for how shit they’ve been this tournament

They have been really poor apart from one moment where Bellingham scored and Southgate won't change it because in his eyes he is hoping that one of either Bellingham,Foden or Kane will have that one magic moment where he can then justify having them in the side.. 

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Quite a few of their players,  play in the Slovakian league,  if this result stays the same it would be probably Slovakia's finest hour. 

Only 1 of the Slovakia starters plays in the Slovakian league and there are only 3 players in the entire Slovakia squad that play in the Slovakian league. Nevertheless, yes, there will be plenty of demand for many of their players when these Euros are over.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Says a lot that Mainoo is the only bright spark here.

Mainoo excelling because he's used to playing in a poorly coached side with several team mates underperforming or out of position.

Players like Foden, Saka, Rice all look completely ineffective because they're overly dependent on having a nerd manager like Pep or Arteta creating a system that makes their job as simple and straightforward as possible and they can't adapt when it's taken away.

Then you've got the out of position mess. Trippier and Foden are both out of position on one side completely nullifying any width. It's like when Everton were fielding Godfrey at right back with Ashley Young in front of him at times this season. Might as well not bother.

• Like 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The US broadcast makes me want to kill myself, so consider yourself lucky

We can do it together. It'd still be more fun than the next 45 mins 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's bad enough watching this England game. It's made even worse having to listen to Matterface and Dixon on commentary. Mind-numbingly dull. 

Who is Matterface?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The US broadcast makes me want to kill myself, so consider yourself lucky

I am actually watching the American broadcast by choice, the Canadian network has the British feed where they have some woman who won't shut up.

No chances at halftime