• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Dutch Cuisine is only good for these snacks, which are the best in the world 

Bitterballen 

eb81d647d052a6a634bb2b0392c2703d.jpg

I don't think Dutch cuisine is bad at all. It's somewhat simple, but it works.
I love all sorts of Stamppot and that thick split pea soup in winter.
Groninger mosterdsoep is heavenly, especially for hangovers.
Bitterballen, kroketten, kibbeling, Dutch fries are all class snacks. And the best of it all after a night out, Kapsalon! :D 
Raw herring with chopped onions and pickles is great, so is all freshly caught fish from the North sea.
I also love filet americain, but I suspect it's Belgian in origin.
Not to mention all sorts of cheese.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't think Dutch cuisine is bad at all. It's somewhat simple, but it works.
I love all sorts of Stamppot and that thick split pea soup in winter.
Groninger mosterdsoep is heavenly, especially for hangovers.
Bitterballen, kroketten, kibbeling, Dutch fries are all class snacks. And the best of it all after a night out, Kapsalon! :D 
Raw herring with chopped onions and pickles is great, so is all freshly caught fish from the North sea.
I also love filet americain, but I suspect it's Belgian in origin.
Not to mention all sorts of cheese.

Oh yes definitely I only brought up Bitterballen as you do not find it anywhere else, the rest of the food is nice and traditional also.   Even the sweets like Drop are amazing but foreigners hate them :D

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Has anybody tried Nepali cuisine? 

I had some Dal bhat, chicken masala, and momo today in a tiny Nepalese restaurant I came across by accident (in fact it's so tiny it's only got two tables haha), and I was amazed at how good it was. Similar to Indian cuisine, yes, but at the same time, very different too. 

Just wondering as it's the first time I came across Nepali cuisine in my life.

@Stan @Devon Von Devon

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

I had some Dal bhat, chicken masala, and momo today in a tiny Nepalese restaurant I came across by accident (in fact it's so tiny it's only got two tables haha), and I was amazed at how good it was. Similar to Indian cuisine, yes, but at the same time, very different too. 

@Stan @Devon Von Devon

I love dal bhat.

Never had a Nepali version or Nepali cuisine though. What's momo?

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Stan @Devon Von Devon

First of all i'm not a big foodie :bye:

And second of all we Pakistanis are more carnivorous :banana:

Dhal Bhat is popular in places like Karachi not from where i'm from but we have other dhals that are quite good.

• 3 weeks later...

A thing about sub continental food.

A lot of dishes that are now the trademark of sub continental food aren't really sub continental. Like the Naan bread, the real Indian bread is chapati which is small and thin Naan bread is actually an Afghan dish which was brought by them to India and now you don't see anywhere in the World in Afghan food rather as Indian food everwhere.

A lot more can go in this section.

Arabs have dish in which they cook a camels whole stomach and than fill it with stomachs of lambs and than they fill the stomachs of lambs with chicken plus an extra filling of salad and other stuff o.O And than they put it on a big round table 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had peruvian food before many times, I love their fried rice and the peruvian roast chicken but today I went to a Peru restaurant  and had their cookies called Alfajores for the first time, I should say they are outstanding.  @Blue

On 28/06/2018 at 01:17, nudge said:

@Stan @Devon Von Devon

Used to eat at an Indian/Nepalese restaurant. Went through the whole menu. 

2 hours ago, Asura said:

I've had peruvian food before many times, I love their fried rice and the peruvian roast chicken but today I went to a Peru restaurant  and had their cookies called Alfajores for the first time, I should say they are outstanding.  @Blue

From my limited experience (one Peruvian restaurant many times) Peruvian food is amazing. 

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does anyone like Pho?

I like Pho, the fresh herbs they use in the broth is what I like the most about it. The only problem with Pho is it fills you fast (as its water mostly) and wont let you eat much but when you pee in an hour you are hungry again  `😂 

44 minutes ago, Toinho said:

It’s been two hours. Hope you’re okay. 

Slipped my mind and then I had no signal! xD

It was great though, crab, fries and gravy. How can you go wrong!

On 03/05/2018 at 00:21, Panna King said:

Dutch Cuisine is only good for these snacks, which are the best in the world 

Bitterballen 

eb81d647d052a6a634bb2b0392c2703d.jpg

I used to live near a Dutch restaurant and had those, I believe they're turkey or beef?

I had bacon and cheese pancakes with Dutch syrup and I fucking love it.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

I used to live near a Dutch restaurant and had those, I believe they're turkey or beef?

I had bacon and cheese pancakes with Dutch syrup and I fucking love it.

It's mostly Pork or Beef, you can get ones with Peanut sauce inside.    What Dutch restaurant did you live near?      Dutch Pancakes are the best! 

Just now, Panna King said:

It's mostly Pork or Beef, you can get ones with Peanut sauce inside.    What Dutch restaurant did you live near?      Dutch Pancakes are the best! 

It was an independent restaurant called Little Amsterdam

Archived