• Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Italian 
Mexican
Japanese
Chinese
Arabic as a generalization. 

I love spicy foods. 

I used to be ALL about the spice but the last year or two my body cannot tolerate spice (or most gluten) at all. I am so upset.

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I would be too but fuck me you sound like my ex. Do they bloat you?

I went from eating vindaloos, hot mexican food, chilis....to anything medium burning my mouth...and my asshole and so many poops. I guess your ex had the poops due to anal though?

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Okay, I'll bite... what is American Cuisine? Burgers and shit?

I thought this too. 

Maybe just the burgers though although some Americans perhaps do eat shit.

28 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Okay, I'll bite... what is American Cuisine? Burgers and shit?

Regional BBQ styles
Cajun food, jambalaya, gumbo, 
Seafood in New England, like chowder, lobster
South west has a lot of Mexican inspired food like chilli con carve, nachos, 
Southern food like fried chicken, grits, fried catfish, hot sauce like tabasco 

• Subscriber

It's extremely hard to choose as there is good food to be found everywhere... But if I had to choose, then it is Italian and Thai for me above everything else.

Then there are generic things like beef steak or seafood that transcend all cuisines.

A question to those who mentioned Spanish and Greek cuisine - what particularly stands out in these two for you? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

England directly ahead of Thai did make me chuckle a bit. xD

It's a weird list altogether. I tried to find more info on how they came up with it, but it literally only says "World’s cuisines ranking according to audience votes for ingredients, dishes and beverages.". Now this is where it gets funny - if you look at the best rated things for each country, some are completely nonsensicla like Himalayan salt for Pakistan, galangal for Indonesia, dragon fruit for Vietnam or lychees for China xD I mean, all those things are pretty nice, but also very generic and hardly defining the whole cuisine...

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nudge said:

It's extremely hard to choose as there is good food to be found everywhere... But if I had to choose, then it is Italian and Thai for me above everything else.

Then there are generic things like beef steak or seafood that transcend all cuisines.

A question to those who mentioned Spanish and Greek cuisine - what particularly stands out in these two for you? 

Paella, gambas, tapas for Spain. 

Different types of souvlaki and gyros for Greek. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha one of the best rated Austrian things is apparently Steirisches Kürbiskernöl xD 

"So, what are you looking forward to when you go to Austria?" 

"The oil." 

xD

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Paella, gambas, tapas for Spain. 

Different types of souvlaki and gyros for Greek. 

I really like the tapas culture in Spain, but in essence isn't it just a generic name for various snacks/appetizers?... The most common ones we were served usually were olives, cheese, ham, grilled mushrooms, grilled peppers, various sorts of one bite sandwiches, small pieces of Spanish Omelette, marinated anchovies, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it all, but for me it's just too generic to consider it a dish exclusive to the Spanish cuisine. I'd agree with you regarding prawns and seafood in general; they do know how to prepare them! 

As for Greek food, I find it very underwhelming. Not bad or anything, there were also many things I liked, but nothing that blew me away... And I think it has a bit too little variety. The seafood was particularly disappointing, which I find very weird, considering that they're a nation with such a long seafaring tradition. 

Not saying that either cuisine is bad at all, but I was just wondering what makes it stand out for some people, as I would never name either one anywhere near my top favourites.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not just any oil - the pumpkin seed oil from Styria! xD 

Funnily enough, I saw it on offer last week at my local Aldi. If only I had known what a world renowned delicacy it is. xD

21 hours ago, nudge said:

I really like the tapas culture in Spain, but in essence isn't it just a generic name for various snacks/appetizers?... The most common ones we were served usually were olives, cheese, ham, grilled mushrooms, grilled peppers, various sorts of one bite sandwiches, small pieces of Spanish Omelette, marinated anchovies, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it all, but for me it's just too generic to consider it a dish exclusive to the Spanish cuisine. I'd agree with you regarding prawns and seafood in general; they do know how to prepare them! 

As for Greek food, I find it very underwhelming. Not bad or anything, there were also many things I liked, but nothing that blew me away... And I think it has a bit too little variety. The seafood was particularly disappointing, which I find very weird, considering that they're a nation with such a long seafaring tradition. 

Not saying that either cuisine is bad at all, but I was just wondering what makes it stand out for some people, as I would never name either one anywhere near my top favourites.

Greek kebabs suppose to be good?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Greek kebabs suppose to be good?

Are you referring to souvlaki? Or gyros? Or grilled meat in general? Regardless, I find it ok, but much prefer Turkish/Caucasian/Middle Eastern versions because I'm not a big fan of pork, and because I like much spicier food. Greek meat in general have just too overwhelming oregano taste for me. 

Their fresh produce is really, really good though. Also, their olive oil is the best I ever had. But then they tend to put copious amounts of it everywhere, which again ruins it for me.

23 hours ago, nudge said:

Are you referring to souvlaki? Or gyros? Or grilled meat in general? Regardless, I find it ok, but much prefer Turkish/Caucasian/Middle Eastern versions because I'm not a big fan of pork, and because I like much spicier food. Greek meat in general have just too overwhelming oregano taste for me. 

Their fresh produce is really, really good though. Also, their olive oil is the best I ever had. But then they tend to put copious amounts of it everywhere, which again ruins it for me.

Easter Europe's kebabs are good too, never tried the greek though. I'll have to check it out soon

• 1 month later...

Underrated cuisines

Peru - I feel like I don't even have to say much. It's not THAT underrated because most who have tried it know about how good it is, but it does feel omitted from most rankings. The marketing is poor.

Vietnam - I NEVER see these mentioned as much as the Thai, but as someone who has actually been to Vietnam to try it, it's super underrated. I like the tofu and duck dishes.

Belgium - Waffles and French Fries. I don't know much else but those 2 raise it very high on the pecking order.

Archived