talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) England (p)1-1 Switzerland - Saturday 6th July, 2024

18 minutes ago, couscous said:

Arnautovic is half Serbian. I had to wiki it coz Arnautovic is not an Albanian name.

Yeah, The player he insulted had Albanian roots, he said something about their Albanian mother.   I knew Albania was involved somewhere 

• Subscriber

Someone I listened to on a podcast somewhere said that Switzerland are the one team who never over or underperform in a tournament. Always through the groups but never in the semi-finals. I thought that's so true. They have beaten Italy though so maybe they've changed their ways this time.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Someone I listened to on a podcast somewhere said that Switzerland are the one team who never over or underperform in a tournament. Always through the groups but never in the semi-finals. I thought that's so true. They have beaten Italy though so maybe they've changed their ways this time.

They beat France last Euros as well

I know none of the 9's have turned up this tournament but surely Kane is still carrying his hip injury from the end of the season? He's been an absolute passenger.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I know none of the 9's have turned up this tournament but surely Kane is still carrying his hip injury from the end of the season? He's been an absolute passenger.

I would add Foden to the passenger list.

What is Foden's role in this team? He is a shadow of his Man City version.

• Upvote 2

Just now, El Profesor said:

Kane, Foden and Bellingham have been remarkably consistent.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

He’s genuinely been worthless in the tournament, yet he keeps starting because Southgate has ideas but none of them are very good.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s genuinely been worthless in the tournament, yet he keeps starting because Southgate has ideas but none of them are very good.

I don't think watch England regularly, but from what I've seen Foden and Bellingham can't coexist.

Southgate should choose between one of them and start either Belligham or Foden centrally. 

England lacks pace and threat with Bellingham on the left-wing. 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

England's most talented player with a great hit.

All the dickheads doing lineups without England's most consistent player can go jump off a bridge.

Just now, 6666 said:

All the dickheads doing lineups without England's most consistent player can go jump off a bridge.

Bit harsh. Guehi was suspended.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I don't think watch England regularly, but from what I've seen Foden and Bellingham can't coexist.

Southgate should choose between one of them and start either Belligham or Foden centrally. 

It's very Sven/Lampard/Gerrard vibes. 

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Welcome to the life of an English fan.  England's selectors always pick who they think are the best players and try to weld them into a team, doesn't matter if 2 or 3 of them play the same position.