talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - Play-offs

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't know if Germany have ever failed to qualify for a world cup. They got banned in 1950 but not sure apart from that. I think they didn't enter the first one so if that is true they have never actually failed to qualify

They didn´t. The only WCs they missed were 1930 which they didn´t enter and 1950 when they were banned. Took part in every other WC.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Blue said:

Germany and Brazil are the only 2 shoe ins for me.

Mexico surely. They couldn't have an easier qualification route.

Then again even they nearly blew it four years ago, and USA just have.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:48 AM, Cannabis said:

It's the principle that he's getting at. 

The World Cup should consist of the 32 best teams in the world, as it happens you've got teams like Italy potentially missing out whilst the likes of New Zealand board the plane to get hammered and come home. The way that FIFA works out it's groups is flawed and has been proved time and time again.

New Zealand are undefeated in world cup finals matches.

3 hours ago, El_Loco said:

If Italy qualifies, they should thank Tite and his stupid decisions. How does one think Renato Augusto, Giuliano and co are better than Jorginho? 

593ea7a6b17af12af4000003.jpg

THAT'S THE MAN THAT SHOULD BE PLAYING!

Lorenzo Insigne is by a million lightyears the most talented Italian footballer and the decisions made are absolutely RIDICULOUS!

Check this out in tonight's game for whoever didn't see it...

derossi_896-kSsF--896x504@Gazzetta-Web.j

That's Ventura telling De Rossi he wants him to strip and come on... LOOK AT DE ROSSI'S FACE!

Do you know what De Rossi is saying to Ventura?

They captured it all..

"YOU WANT ME TO COME ON? REALLY?  WHAT'S THE PLAN COACH? PUT ON INSIGNE, NOT ME!"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

593ea7a6b17af12af4000003.jpg

THAT'S THE MAN THAT SHOULD BE PLAYING!

Lorenzo Insigne is by a million lightyears the most talented Italian footballer and the decisions made are absolutely RIDICULOUS!

Check this out in tonight's game for whoever didn't see it...

derossi_896-kSsF--896x504@Gazzetta-Web.j

That's Ventura telling De Rossi he wants him to strip and come on... LOOK AT DE ROSSI'S FACE!

Do you know what De Rossi is saying to Ventura?

They captured it all..

"YOU WANT ME TO COME ON? REALLY?  WHAT'S THE PLAN COACH? PUT ON INSIGNE, NOT ME!"

I think @ScoRoss beat you to it mate xD

Okay my opinion on Asia/oceania.

Asia sucks major dick, but Ociania is pointless. Merge them, and have the first 2 qualifying legs be about the fucking horendous lowest seeded teams knocking each other out (your tonga vs India games) then have round 3 and 4 as normal. Give no additional slots because they just don't deserve them

Second of all, who gives a fuck that Italy didn't qualify (other than Italians, you have my sympathy) They failed to get out of the group in the last 2 world cups, ousted by mighty teams such as New Zealand, Slovakia and Costa Rica. Fuck em.

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

England still wont get past the 2nd round :ph34r:

Probably won't get past the first round. Which could be a good thing. Get rid of of southgate asap

4 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Okay my opinion on Asia/oceania.

Asia sucks major dick, but Ociania is pointless. Merge them, and have the first 2 qualifying legs be about the fucking horendous lowest seeded teams knocking each other out (your tonga vs India games) then have round 3 and 4 as normal. Give no additional slots because they just don't deserve them

Second of all, who gives a fuck that Italy didn't qualify (other than Italians, you have my sympathy) They failed to get out of the group in the last 2 world cups, ousted by mighty teams such as New Zealand, Slovakia and Costa Rica. Fuck em.

ITs only because people feel sorry for Buffon, but he is a keeper, were Italy really going to get far with players like Immobile, 36 years old defenders and Darmian in the team. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Probably won't get past the first round. Which could be a good thing. Get rid of of southgate asap

Haha well was just joking, but you are right, the football has been dire with Southgate, nothing really gives you much confidence with him in charge, he is like a younger version of Hodgson. 

8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Haha well was just joking, but you are right, the football has been dire with Southgate, nothing really gives you much confidence with him in charge, he is like a younger version of Hodgson. 

I've said before he has the charisma of a pork chop. But that seems a bit unfair

To the pork chop

• Administrator

Give Southgate a chance at least xD

He's had a qualification campaign against lesser teams and completed the job in getting England to Russia. 

What's wrong with that?! Judge him after a major tournament. Don't slate him before it's even begun. 

Just now, Stan said:

Give Southgate a chance at least xD

He's had a qualification campaign against lesser teams and completed the job in getting England to Russia. 

What's wrong with that?! Judge him after a major tournament. Don't slate him before it's even begun. 

He will fail.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived