talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paris Olympics 2024

football forums

Djokovic vs Alcaraz was amazing. Instant classic.

Really happy for Djokovic, one of the best tennis players ever finally wins the gold medal in what was his last real shot to do it.

Hopefully, Novak has a few years more in the tank so we can his rivalry Alcaraz develop. 

Two amazing athletes. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Djokovic vs Alcaraz was amazing. Instant classic.

Really happy for Djokovic, one of the best tennis players ever finally wins the gold medal in what was his last real shot to do it.

Hopefully, Novak has a few years more in the tank so we can his rivalry Alcaraz develop. 

Two amazing athletes. 

You could see how much it meant to him, too. Happy for him, but Alcaraz is also a beast! Will definitely dominate in the years to come. Hopefully, together with Sinner

• Subscriber

I've never liked Djokovic but respected his ability as a tennis player. It came to my attention this week that he follows Andrew Tate though so any respect I had for him (if I had any after his anti-vax episode a couple of years ago) is now gone. There are hundreds of athletes out there who are great role models and ambassadors for tennis and international sport. He isn't one of them. I sincerely hope he retires soon and spends the rest of his life with his family and away from the limelight.

• Upvote 1

Argentinians are losing their minds about Gonzalo Peillat securing a medal with Germany on men´s hockey.

He scored a goal and gave an assist in the semi-final against India.

For context, Peillat won the gold medal with Argentina in 2016 but decided to switch countries.

He said that hockey doesn´t get enough support in his country and that Argentina only care about football.

In this edition of the Olympics, he scored the decisive goal for Germany to eliminate Argentina and celebrated.

I think the argentinian fans are right about this, switching countries shouldn´t be allowed in the first place. 

Edited by El Profesor

It is, though. Football is indeed the exception rather than the rule in sports, with it's comparatively strict nationality policy. Colour me surprised, if Argentina didn't benefit from neutralized US players in one of their former successful basketball national teams. (EG the WC winners of 50). Therefore that losing their mind is a bit double-handed, although understandable from a neutral point of view.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

30 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It is, though. Football is indeed the exception rather than the rule in sports, with it's comparatively strict nationality policy. Colour me surprised, if Argentina didn't benefit from neutralized US players in one of their former successful national teams. (EG the WC winners of 50). Therefore that losing their minda is a bit double-handed, although understandable from a neutral point of view.

Yes, being a football fan, the concept of switching countries is super strange to even though we had a cuban in our men´s volleyball team that did it. 

I understand Peillat´s point of view.

Other argentinian hockey players also have problems with their hockey federation and it must be frustrating to reach the top of the world in your sport and not have enough support.

But from a fan perspective it must be super bitter to see one of our own scoring a goal against you and celebrating it.

I find it a fascinating situation and I must admit that I am kinda rooting for him to score the winning goal versus the dutch. 😂

• Upvote 1