talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 3 - 31st Aug-1st Sept, 2024

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 31st August, 2024
Arsenal vs Brighton, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Brentford vs Southampton
Everton vs Bournemouth
Ipswich vs Fulham
Leicester vs Aston Villa
Nottm Forest vs Wolves

West Ham vs Man City, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 1st September, 2024
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace, 13.30
Newcastle vs Tottenham, 13.30 (live on Sky)

Man Utd vs Liverpool, 16.00 (live on Sky)

Biggest point of interest in the Villa line up will be RB. Matty Cash is out for a month with a hamstring. Against Arsenal the teenage January signing Nedeljkovic replaced him. Last season it was usually Konsa. Some fan concern no RB-CB was obtained. In an ideal scenario there probably would have been. But I think Unai rates Nedeljkovic in a similar way to what he was seeing in Rogers.

• Subscriber

Ndiaye makes his debut for us and Coleman starts at right back in place of Roman Dixon. Still no O'Brien ahead of Keane, Calvert-Lewin still starts ahead of Beto who scored midweek despite trying to leave the club as recently as yesterday.

Lindstrom, Garner, Patterson, Branthwaite, O'Brien, Mangala and eventually Broja are all yet to reach the point of being added as improvements to this side. If we win today then great but either way I think the upcoming international break will be viewed as an opportunity to have a bit of a reset after a poor start to the season and get some more of these players up to speed and ready to contribute.

• Subscriber

We've done okay. Bournemouth have been quite sloppy. Hopefully we don't regret failing to take advantage so far. Neither side has really created anything other than goalmouth scrambles or pot shots from distance.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Looked like Rice's second yellow was a bit harsh?

He kicked the ball away and delayed the restart. Don't think he can have any complaints really. I get that there will be people who bring up incidents where other players should have been booked for similar incidents but I always thought that was the rule. 

Deserved it for his reaction anyway

• Subscriber

I've watched up until the first goal and then I had to go out. I've only seen goal alerts since. It doesn't even surprise me anymore to be honest. The verdict from Twitter is game management from Dyche.

Screenshot_20240831_170739_X.thumb.jpg.eae71b3576157647a06995fa7b9b622f.jpg

Zzzz. Not letting it ruin my weekend anymore. We will probably be fine.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

6 away points from 6 is a good start.

Sounds like the ref was possibly contentious. A couple more injury worries for Villa, with their limited squad.

Duran continues to produce whenever used.

David Coote should never referee again. 

Annoying second yellow for Rice. On one hand you can say it's the letter of the law, on the other hand it never gets enforced and creates an expectation for it not to be enforced. Shouldn't have taken the risk anyway but it wasn't enforced earlier in the game against a Brighton player and you're rarely going to see it enforced the rest of the season.

• Subscriber

Lad won't give a fuck. We've generally had everything done to us by our football club bar relegation and administration by now. Heard every single joke that can happen.

Screenshot_20240831_215020_Google.thumb.jpg.27b9d21d719b1fade0f11fa5fbda48ee.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_215134_FotMob.thumb.jpg.4d766fd05687c0c6b3e11b15dfdc0288.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_215154_FotMob.thumb.jpg.f4a09b7b0c38e8baa6b6f44dc370f805.jpg

Just a few examples.

The fans have really turned on Dyche now. Sounds like everyone in the ground wanted substitutes at 2-0 because Iroegbunam, McNeil, Coleman and Harrison had run themselves into the ground and he took Ndiaye and Calvert-Lewin off who were the only outlets on the pitch. Bournemouth manager used all five of their substitutions.

Sacking Dyche and taking a leap into the unknown put people off last season when we didn't win for three months. But with Moyes available now as a better manager who could probably slot in without too much of an overhaul of tactics and personnel is too tempting. I'm on the fence personally.

35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Lad won't give a fuck. We've generally had everything done to us by our football club bar relegation and administration by now. Heard every single joke that can happen.

Screenshot_20240831_215020_Google.thumb.jpg.27b9d21d719b1fade0f11fa5fbda48ee.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_215134_FotMob.thumb.jpg.4d766fd05687c0c6b3e11b15dfdc0288.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_215154_FotMob.thumb.jpg.f4a09b7b0c38e8baa6b6f44dc370f805.jpg

Just a few examples.

The fans have really turned on Dyche now. Sounds like everyone in the ground wanted substitutes at 2-0 because Iroegbunam, McNeil, Coleman and Harrison had run themselves into the ground and he took Ndiaye and Calvert-Lewin off who were the only outlets on the pitch. Bournemouth manager used all five of their substitutions.

Sacking Dyche and taking a leap into the unknown put people off last season when we didn't win for three months. But with Moyes available now as a better manager who could probably slot in without too much of an overhaul of tactics and personnel is too tempting. I'm on the fence personally.

That Lejuene double was mental,  nice bicycle kick then Pickford making a good save behind the line.   I can't remember the other game,  I am assuming that was during the Rafa Benitez miracle run. 

Really do feel that we're by far the better side but know that it rarely works out like that, particularly at Old Trafford. Just hope we don't make the same mistakes as we did in the two games there last season.