talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some live games where you dare not leave your seat in case something happens which is great for excitement but not so good if you need the loo or are in desperate need off a drink top up.. Then you have Swansea v Toons type games where you are grateful for those little gaps where there is not much happening in the match that allow you to leave the room for a bit and know nothing has changed... 

Finished peeling the spuds now, got the yorkies on the go and the brussel sprouts just need to coat the meat a couple more times and my Sunday Roast is nearly finished.. 

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Missed a header from three yards and had two shots blocked on the line. I want to say it's 'typified our season' but I can't remember any chances we've had before today's game.

Palace gave a great account of themselves I understand... just not happening though is it

First 30 minutes Swansea had all the ball but never took any risks to get into the final 3rd so our centre backs never even touched the ball.

Rafa won't be happy defensively the last 5-10 minutes of that half though, we look a threat to ourselves. Passes that put pressure on the receiver. Hayden slipping on his arse.

Perez and Murphy haven't been good enough on the ball. Some of the first touches from everyone have been rough.

With our fullbacks, neither of which are good enough to be professional footballers, we are lucky so far that Swansea decided to play no wingers.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Ritchie just did the exact same as Mane there.

But this time the ref made the right decision.

It was dangerous play??? Same as yesterday, only the player did not go down so where is the consistency?

It surely has to be one or the other 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

It was dangerous play??? Same as yesterday, only the player did not go down so where is the consistency?

It surely has to be one or the other 

The decision should be based on the risk posed, but refs instead make decisions based on outcomes.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

He was the main reason Kante had such a good game. Both complement each other. 

You'll be very hard to beat with those two. Was absolutely gutted Kante scored. Should never ever have been allowed to happen though, wasn't even a good goal, shocking closing down and goalkeeping.

I do think for all there are absolutely reasons to criticise us, we have had a horrendous run of games to start the season. If you'd asked most people how do you expect us to have done after 4 games you'd have said more than likely 3 points, although I do think the top teams in this league have sussed us right out if I'm honest. We'll win most games against the rest of the league in my opinion but I think we're little match for sides like Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs.

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just had a look on one of the Palace forums and there does seem to be an over-whelming sense of support for FDB. Given this is the case I do hope the board give him time and keep him on like most of the fans seem to want. 

I think the fans will be more patient now because he showed today he's willing to learn to get it right. The last three games have been down to tactical incompetence. Seeing how little the

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Palace gave a great account of themselves I understand... just not happening though is it

It's a massive improvement mind. Play like that against Southampton and we should get a better result. 

Archived