talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

Frustrating. City were absolutely there for the taking today, we could easily have had three, but we wasted too many chances and let them score a goal right through the middle of our defense. Then came the contentious red card which completely fucked us. Even though it was only 1-0, it was game over after that because we were never going to be able to absorb pressure against a team like City.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wouldn't have started Sanchez either. Makes sense that he's on the bench. Giroud should've started upfront with Lacazette with Welbeck on the bench. Other than that, not many complaints about the lineup. 

Agree no need for him to start today, especially after the international break. Should have enough to win without him.

Ok so we can say that the red card spoilt the game and that in part might be true because up until then we were all over them. As for the sending off; If a player in the centre of the pitch who is totally unmarked lifts his foot head high to pull a ball out of the air, it's seen as been beautifull controll. Mane never meant any damage, he just went for the ball and their keeper just happened to be there at the same time. Total accident with shit consequences and I hope Ederson is ok. Not a red in my eyes but I can see why people would argue against that opinion and I'm not sure why some are saying Everton fans are being biased? Just one of those things. 

At 1-0 and down to 10 we should have seen the writing on the wall and shut up shop and this is where I have a massive problem with Klopp. He's a fucking hero and I luv the bloke but sometimes his game management is absolutely dire. Instead of shutting up shop and trying to contain he carried on with high pressing and cavalier counters. Great when your at home against an enferior team but absolutely suicidal against probably the best attacking side in the league on their back yard. He needs to sort this out because we won't always score first so he needs to learn quickly how to manage games better. 

Anyway fuck it, it's a loss and a heavy one but I'm certain we'll be absolutely fine and will be in the thick of things at the end. Never in a million years title winners but definitely in the mix for the three places below that. 

Not the end of the day. 

• Subscriber

0-2 no shots on target, awful from us, Martina can't even clear a fucking ball and Eriksen ends up with a tap in. Spurs in 2nd gear.

Koeman can whinge all he wants about not getting his targets but he's the one picking a team with Martina and Williams in the back line and no striker with three central attacking midfielders and no wingers.

Bakayoko is awesome. His dynamism in midfield is something we've missed since Essien. 

Great performance so far and in total control. Big fan of the 3-5-2 and I expect us to use it against top sides. Courtois with a world class save before our goal. 

Azpilicueta and Morata have a great partnership. Now his third goal from an Azpilicueta cross. Expect Hazard and Drinkwater to come on sometime in the 2nd for Pedro and Fabregas

Really solid first half from us it has to be said. Bournemouth absolutely diabolical but we have smothered them.

Not a surprise to see us perform better when players are in their actual positions. We have a very solid team and there is no reason for us not to be very competitive this year, but we will have to see how we go.

• Subscriber

Don't like to rant when nobody else is talking about it but that was so bad from us that I have to here.

Martina could have single handedly cost us two goals if Kane had finished there, would gladly see him never pull on an Everton shirt again. What does Kenny have to do besides being one if the best players in the youth world cup in summer to get in the team ahead of a free transfer who was like 4th choice at Southampton!?

Williams is shite. Jagielka isn't the defender he used to be but at least he isn't shite. But he's a Koeman signing and Jagielka isn't so guess who starts the game.

Schneiderlin and Gueye were class last season, haven't found it yet this season, Schneiderlin especially could do with a rocket up his arse in the form of Tom Davies being played ahead of him.

Front four selection is a shambles from Big Ron as well. Two playmaking midfielders and two second strikers, what? Spend 45m on Sigurdsson and shift him on the left wing? Calvert-Lewin has been one of our best attackers this season, scored again in the international break, with an assist from Lookman by the way who doesn't even make the bench, but instead we throw in Klaassen and Sandro who I'm sure will become quality players for us but at this stage have done fuck all on the pitch and are returning from injury.

Poor performance from the players but Koeman getting a big fat thumbs down from me today. In some cases clearly prioritising his own signings over who's actually playing well when picking the team.

Decent half from us there..

Thought for a second we were not going to be getting anything for all our possession until Morata popped up with that header. Great cross from Azpi.. Had a few decent efforts going forward but nothing clear cut and we seem to be limiting Leicester so far which is good 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't like to rant when nobody else is talking about it but that was so bad from us that I have to here.

Martina could have single handedly cost us two goals if Kane had finished there, would gladly see him never pull on an Everton shirt again. What does Kenny have to do besides being one if the best players in the youth world cup in summer to get in the team ahead of a free transfer who was like 4th choice at Southampton!?

Williams is shite. Jagielka isn't the defender he used to be but at least he isn't shite. But he's a Koeman signing and Jagielka isn't so guess who starts the game.

Schneiderlin and Gueye were class last season, haven't found it yet this season, Schneiderlin especially could do with a rocket up his arse in the form of Tom Davies being played ahead of him.

Front four selection is a shambles from Big Ron as well. Two playmaking midfielders and two second strikers, what? Spend 45m on Sigurdsson and shift him on the left wing? Calvert-Lewin has been one of our best attackers this season, scored again in the international break, with an assist from Lookman by the way who doesn't even make the bench, but instead we throw in Klaassen and Sandro who I'm sure will become quality players for us but at this stage have done fuck all on the pitch and are returning from injury.

Poor performance from the players but Koeman getting a big fat thumbs down from me today. In some cases clearly prioritising his own signings over who's actually playing well when picking the team.

Always the classic mistake that is... like picking your mate even though he is turd on the ball instead of that good kid who goes on to slot 3 past your keeper while your so called mate is over at the fence chatting up girls instead of actually defending... 

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Where did you think they were going to play? Two attacking centre mids and only one position....and I imagine Rooneys taken that position?

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived