• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Where did you think they were going to play? Two attacking centre mids and only one position....and I imagine Rooneys taken that position?

I'd expect us to play with a centre forward for a start, and a winger on one side then accept that the other "wide attacking midfielder" might be more of an inside playmaker. 

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

3-0 fantastic goal! Great pressure from Lacazette, lovely pass from Ramsey and a beautiful finish from Welbeck. Such a solid player is Welbeck, gets a lot of unnecessary flack.

Only his goal scoring really. Does everything else. Can't fault his team play or determination.

What a goal from Daryl Janmaat!

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Vardy scores from the spot to make it 1-2

As the saying goes, 2-0 is the worst lead you can have in a game.

• Subscriber

Absolutely disgraceful from us today. Three hours of competitive football since our last shot on target apparently.

10 of the starting 11 today signed by Koeman which is why his complaining about the board not getting his targets this summer won't wash with me. This is your team Ronald and if you'd signed someone better than Ashley Williams last summer we wouldn't be looking for another left sided centre back this summer.

Whether this is down to Koeman, Walsh, circumstances or something else, we now look like utter mongs signing about 6 attacking players but no striker now being unable to muster a shot on target.

Tottenham are a good side and fully deserve this victory, but from our point of view it is not acceptable lose 3-0 at home against anyone without testing the visiting goalkeeper. Results like this, especially when it comes back to back with the similar loss at Chelsea, make a mockery of our stated ambitions as a football club. 

Andre Carrillo could have made a marvellous play there. Instead makes a short run and skies his shot.

Played well overall but I hope Silva remembers that his end shot isn't exactly the best.

Morata and Azpilicueta have a hard on for each other. xD They are linking up brilliantly. 

Nervy at the end but got the result. Defence was solid as well as the midfield, but lacked bite in attack and were careless with the chances we got. Could of scored a couple more but weren't efficient tonight. Thought Leicester despite the penalty, really didn't threaten us. I expect us to use the 3-5-2 frequently this season. Good to see Hazard back and Zappacosta getting minutes. Great 3 points and onto the Champions League. Nice to say that again. 

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Two words N'Golo Kante.

Two more words. Tiemoue Bakayoko. Man of the match in my opinion. Him and Kante will be a force to be reckoned with. Great partnership. 

We were so comfortable until that silly but deserved pen. Overall we created several chances to score and should have killed it at 1-2, credit to Leicester for not giving up. Kante and Bakayoko were superb, glad N'golo got the goal and overall a good performance by the team. Qarabag next we should rotate the team and rest the key players for Arsenal.

Oh and Morata > Lukaku :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

• Subscriber

Not good enough. Still haven't been able to name a midfield that isn't makeshift, even despite that I was disappointed by how little we tested Chelsea, was definitely nearer 1-3 than 2-2.

Big one next week against Huddersfield. Lose that and I'll have some real concerns.

4 hours ago, shut up said:

Who gives a fuck if his eyes were on the ball or not?! if I two foot a player break his legs, but have my eyes on the ball is that not a red?!

That was dangerous play, he kicks him in the jaw ffs. By the law it IS a red.

why do you even want to play with two legs while going for the ball? Do you kick the ball with both the legs at once? People clearly go with two legs only to injure the player no matter where their eyes are

It's a red, you can't argue about that considering its in the laws of the game. It is however unfortunate considering there was no intent as he was going for the ball, but it was reckless play nonetheless. 

He really had to give the red

Watford were great today. I definitely didn't see them winning at Southampton. They recorded quite the comfortable victory too as the home side never really threatened much up front. Watford looked a lot better on the ball.

Andre Carrillo who is the only reason I'm even watching, was good and gave the opposition trouble but definitely still not at his best. Not at the level when he plays for the Peruvian National Team. Had his fullback well beaten but still yet to create real danger. He's getting there.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived