talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to give credit to Wenger, he made a lot of right calls today and subbed players who weren't performing.

Only critisiscm would be the Elneny sub, unecessary considering we was winning the midfield battle and we could have brought Walcott on. I can see why it was made though.

I can't believe it...  As some of you know, I live in Highbury and very close to both the old Highbury and The Emirates...  Cars are going by beeping their horns and my local pub where various people watch away games are chanting anti-Chelsea songs and blowing air-horns.  Have I missed something or has my club officially entered the small club psychosis?  Enter Spurs mentality! :dam:O.o

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Massive risk from Koeman to play such a defensive side, if we concede early doors I don't see where the come-back is coming from. We seriously lack pace to get at United when they over-commit so I can't see anything other than a miracle 0-0 (which I would kill for right now) or an absolute drubbing. Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams still being employed by Everton Football Club makes me want to punch babies. 

DJ7nSITWsAAvgRT.jpg

The more I look at that line up the more I wish I had terminal cancer. Such absolute shite making all this noise about getting into the top 6 or even top 4 and we're facing up against United with that formation and for fucks sake, Martina should never be pulling on an Everton shirt again after his performance against Spurs. Couldn't even make Southamptons bench. More embarrassing signing than Niasse.

I think today showed why Alexis and Özil should have just been sold this summer. We had 11 players committed to the shirt today. Although they are our two best players they have looked very lackadaisical so far this season. Although we will have to see how it pans out throughout the season.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wenger again getting the better of Conte, which in all reality is down to his own mistakes. 

Hazard should of started and knew we would get nothing with a Cesc+Kante midfield. Arsenal must of been licking their lips when they saw that.

Cahill walking back to the starting XI just screams of something Mourinho would do, and we paid for it with slow transitioning from the back. 

Don't get me started on Willian and Pedro

All on Conte I'm afraid 

Agree with everything mate except the Pedro bit, we could better him yes but he's class. Thought he was our most dangerous player first half whilst wasteful with his chances when he's normally very clinical. Unlucky to come off.

And as for Willian everyone knows my opinion on him I won't bother repeating it.

Pedro should have taken that chance first half and I think Hazard should have taken that chance in the second after doing so well to get into that position, he has to put that low in the corner, like Pedro before him he normally does better with those opportunities.

Bakayoko was our best player which says a lot.

I'm sorry, @SirBalon How were we brilliant? We were anything but. 

Furious at Conte. Never have I been more upset with him as this is now the 5th time he's faced against Arsenal, and 4 times he's made the same mistake, not sorting the midfield. Fucking Burnley ran riot against Kante+Cesc, yet starts them against a team that has gotten the better of you 3 times out of 4? 

But that is aside the point, the mere fact that he's putting Cahill straight back into the starting XI, despite how solid Rudiger has been, just SCREAMS of something Mourinho would do. You don't change a fucking winning back line. We conceded 0 goals with Rudiger, Luiz, and Azpilicueta as a back 3. (Bats own goal and Courtois penalty mistake don't count :ph34r:) Why was Bakayoko on the bench? Putting a two man midfield when a midfield three of Bakayoko, Kante, and Fabregas looked to due wonders for us just had me in disgust when I saw the starting XI.  Lastly, putting Hazard on the bench. I just can't fathom as to why he wasn't starting when he looks more than ready, and is lightyears ahead of Willian and Pedro in terms of creativity and effectiveness. Morata had NO ONE. No service what so ever and this is solely down to how poor our wingers were and how we were set up. 

This isn't hindsight either, look back to the Chelsea thread and see how we should have lined up. It's frustrating because Conte is better than that. 

Luiz possibly had his best ever game in his Chelsea career and had to ruin it. Oliver can fuck off as well. Tells Morata to be more tough when he was fouled nonstop against Arsenal's back line, then when Morata comes in for 50/50 challenges, immediately calls them. 

/Rant over

Aaron Ramsey has all the tools to be up their with the best in the world. Second time his completely outclassed Kante. I do just hope he can stay injury free and keeps getting churned out in the midfield. We need to get him signed to a new deal now before he gets into the final year next summer.

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm sorry, @SirBalon How were we brilliant? We were anything but. 

Furious at Conte. Never have I been more upset with him as this is now the 5th time he's faced against Arsenal, and 4 times he's made the same mistake, not sorting the midfield. Fucking Burnley ran riot against Kante+Cesc, yet starts them against a team that has gotten the better of you 3 times out of 4? 

But that is aside the point, the mere fact that he's putting Cahill straight back into the starting XI, despite how solid Rudiger has been, just SCREAMS of something Mourinho would do. You don't change a fucking winning back line. We conceded 0 goals with Rudiger, Luiz, and Azpilicueta as a back 3. (Bats own goal and Courtois penalty mistake don't count :ph34r:) Why was Bakayoko on the bench? Putting a two man midfield when a midfield three of Bakayoko, Kante, and Fabregas looked to due wonders for us just had me in disgust when I saw the starting XI.  Lastly, putting Hazard on the bench. I just can't fathom as to why he wasn't starting when he looks more than ready, and is lightyears ahead of Willian and Pedro in terms of creativity and effectiveness. Morata had NO ONE. No service what so ever and this is solely down to how poor our wingers were and how we were set up. 

This isn't hindsight either, look back to the Chelsea thread and see how we should have lined up. It's frustrating because Conte is better than that. 

Luiz possibly had his best ever game in his Chelsea career and had to ruin it. Oliver can fuck off as well. Tells Morata to be more tough when he was fouled nonstop against Arsenal's back line, then when Morata comes in for 50/50 challenges, immediately calls them. 

/Rant over

The first 30 minutes your football was supremely superior to ours although we were being very direct and wary at the back.  Your boys kept on doubling up on Monreal which forced him inside and that offered two possible outcomes to occur on that side of the field.  You failed to materialise those opportunities which is strange for you guys and that gave us more confidence.  As the first half drew on you became more wary and we created more.  The first half was yours in terms of football and ours in terms of more chances but most importantly, it was 0-0.

The second half is better not to talk about for both teams where quality of football is in question and we had more chances but like you, failed to score.  0-0 was the fairest outcome but we could've won it.  It was visible that Chelsea have a plan on playing football whereas we look to improvise which is the difference in the way I saw both teams.

I know it was so lazy an observation, it was becoming cliched to say it in pre-season, but Everton really do have a severe lack of pace. 

Who can they bring on to stretch a match? Lookman and Calvert-Lewin?

Edit: mind you, United have a team full of properly rapid players and they still play slow as shit. 

• Subscriber

Lukaku scores against West Brom after a loan season and doesn't celebrate. Scores against Everton where he was supported for three years by the fans despite him and his Dad trying to sell himself to Champions League clubs every transfer window and doesn't give a shit. Full cunt status.

Archived