talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Semi-Final - Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal (1st Leg)

football forum

• Administrator

Kick off 7.45pm. Live on Sky Sports. 

If this game is going to be as good as last week's league match then we're all in for a treat. 

Also VAR to be used in both legs of this fixture. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think the 3-5-2 worked well last time, if we went 3-4-3 in the league we would probably create more chances as Arsenal's defense was pretty poor even tough weakened. We have a full team available, and i fully believe every result apart from a win would see us out of the League Cup.

3-5-2 was fine, just failed to put away our chances. 3-4-3 we are allowing Arsenal to walk all over us given these muppets turn into world class footballers against us. 

Morata

Hazard

Alonso-----Drinkwater----Fabregas----Moses

Kante

Cahill-------Christensen----Azpilicueta

Courtois

I want Arsenal to lose for Arsenal's sake. It's for the greater good.

I'm actually bored of the whole situation at their club and I'm not even a fan. I feel their frustration. They have to change things now. No more safety nets to stay in a job. He has to go. Simple.

Chelsea 5-0 please.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I want Arsenal to lose for Arsenal's sake. It's for the greater good.

I'm actually bored of the whole situation at their club and I'm not even a fan. I feel their frustration. They have to change things now. No more safety nets to stay in a job. He has to go. Simple.

Chelsea 5-0 please.

Problem lies deeper than with just Wenger apparently. 

16 hours ago, Cicero said:

3-5-2 was fine, just failed to put away our chances. 3-4-3 we are allowing Arsenal to walk all over us given these muppets turn into world class footballers against us. 

Morata

Hazard

Alonso-----Drinkwater----Fabregas----Moses

Kante

Cahill-------Christensen----Azpilicueta

Courtois

Think that is the exact team we will field today. Actually no we will start Bakayoko.

Just now, Cicero said:

I'd probably lean towards Zappacosta as his decision making in the final third is better than Moses'

He will probably be brought on if things don't go our way in the first 45, expecting Bellerin to become Cafu against us as per usual.

Our line-up. Not bad, but how in the fuck Iwobi is starting after his embarrassment in the news and his overall shite performances of late is baffling. Wenger seems to put him in when Ozil is out, but no way in hell is he anywhere near a suitable replacement. 

Wilshere captain tonight though which is nice to see.

I think in typical Wenger fashion he might just pull something out the hat here. With what was available, I do think this is the best he could put out there apart from Iwobi. I think Walcott, or even Nelson should be well ahead in the pecking order. Totally get the Alexis benching, with all the rumours swirling I don't think we could risk him for this one.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

what is it with players not being able to put a cross in that beats the first man?

Must be one of the smallest but most infuriating things to watch.

I must confess that I am stone cold bored watching this... I blame Chelsea for it as well, It is as annoying as fuck to watch us get to the final third and fizzle out like a dud firework over and over again... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I must confess that I am stone cold bored watching this... I blame Chelsea for it as well, It is as annoying as fuck to watch us get to the final third and fizzle out like a dud firework over and over again... 

yeah it is a bit lacklustre.

I don’t get the jiz over Hazard? He’s so inconsistent and that is probably the reason why none of the elite clubs ever take a serious look at him. 

Coutinho's gone, Salah is the current target of the biggest club in the world and Kane will probably be the next after that. All better players than Hazard. 

Hazard though never seems to generate any serious interest and you can see why when you monitor his performances over a full season. Very inconsistent. 

He’ll probably score a worldly now and win the game but my point still stands. 

• The title was changed to EFL Cup Semi-Final - Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived