talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Years: 1992-2004

12 years of the Premier League, right up until Chelsea's bastardisation of everything we knew and loved starting winning them silverware.

This period saw the greatest ever goal scored in the Premier League...

It saw Michael Owen silence my uncle and brother on FA Cup final day...

And last but not least, the greatest ever meltdown in the history of sport...

*Domestic and European cups included.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I mean in the programme they include the FA Cup...

There's so much more you could have had though. 

Eric Cantona's flying kick 

Tony Yeboah and his volley in off the bar 

Vinnie Jones crunching everyone 

Dalian Atkinson's wonder goal

Liverpool vs Newcastle 4-3 thriller 

Blackburn winning the league!

Plenty more! 

I miss the United v Arsenal games. I know I was a kid but it felt like everything else stopped when they were playing and all eyes were on Old Trafford or Highbury. 

The build up actually built up the atmosphere up more, unlike today where every game is “the best thing ever” in “the best league in the world” and every week is “World’s best, never to be beaten, best ever, Super Sunday”. 

The looks on the faces of Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane in the tunnel was fantastic and you knew, at some time, they’d be eyeball to eyeball squaring up to each other. It really felt like the two teams hated each other. 

17 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I miss the United v Arsenal games. I know I was a kid but it felt like everything else stopped when they were playing and all eyes were on Old Trafford or Highbury. 

The build up actually built up the atmosphere up more, unlike today where every game is “the best thing ever” in “the best league in the world” and every week is “World’s best, never to be beaten, best ever, Super Sunday”. 

The looks on the faces of Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane in the tunnel was fantastic and you knew, at some time, they’d be eyeball to eyeball squaring up to each other. It really felt like the two teams hated each other. 

I don't think there's been a rivalry like it since then, blows all local rivalries and rivalries created for the title since 

6 hours ago, Danny said:

It saw Michael Owen silence my uncle and brother on FA Cup final day...

I still can't believe Stephane Henchoz got away with saving an Henry shot with his hand on the line. Eleven year old me was distraught.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

And last but not least, the greatest ever meltdown in the history of sport...

*Domestic and European cups included.

Poor Kev.

I liked Keegan too. He was different to Fergie. Very likeable, wore his heart on his sleeve although tactically found wanting, he was all about self motivation and players wanting to play for him. And he attempted to play the most attractive way although it probably cost them.

His Newcastle team will always be one of the best teams to have never won it.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've always wondered what would have happened if Chelsea and city hadn't got rich. Would nan utd have won about ten leagues in a row

Rooney would have been in his element.

4 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I saw a tweet the other day that said in 1997 Newcastle signed John Dahl Tomasson and Anders Andersson for £5.5m to be backup strikers, in 2017 Newcastle signed Joselu for £5m to lead the club's attack

xD 

Newcastle had such a likeable squad back in the day. Like Faustino Apsrillia's massive smile and his cart wheels. What a great guy.

24 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Newcastle had such a likeable squad back in the day. Like Faustino Apsrillia's massive smile and his cart wheels. What a great guy.

And now he is on twitter photoshopping himself into pictures with models xD 

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've always wondered what would have happened if Chelsea and city hadn't got rich. Would man utd have won about ten leagues in a row

Arsenal would have had more titles and Liverpool may even have got one

....Liverpool definitely wouldn't have won one 😂

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

And now he is on twitter photoshopping himself into pictures with models xD 

I love this picture of Tino. He looks so happy. Like that moment you first get to play with condoms at school during sex education

ad_146979164.jpg?w=644&h=445&crop=1#038;

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I love this picture of Tino. He looks so happy. Like that moment you first get to play with condoms at school during sex education

ad_146979164.jpg?w=644&h=445&crop=1#038;

Looks like s giant dildo

Archived