talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Never heard of him aside from the fact that I played against Boca on FIFA the other day and I had to do a double take because I thought it said Favre.

I doubt our current recruitment team are creative enough to scout in South America or organised enough to be putting this in place more than a week before the season starts. Possibly our new recruitment team with that Director of Football from PSV if that happens are thinking way ahead but as we don't even know what's going to happen with the manager or Director of Football this summer I can't see that being the case either.

He's a left back. Used to be purely offensive and nothing else, but now he's a balance of offence and defence and he's a bit more complete. He's matured enough to play in Europe. Colombia international too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United will make a £175million summer bid for Mohamed Salah, according to a report in Spain. 

The ‘ever-reliable’ Don Balon have surpassed themselves today and claimed United are willing to try and lure Salah across the north-west.

There appears to be very little substance to the sensational report, which if true, would cause a public outcry at Anfield.

Salah, 25, has blasted 37 goals for Liverpool this season and Real Madrid are believed to be ready to make a move for Salah as they look for a long-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Egypt forward, who signed from Roma for £36.9million in the summer, is expected to be offered a new contract at Liverpool in the summer after his sensational first season at Anfield.

He is currently contracted until 2022 and commands a weekly wage of around £120,000 a week, but he can expect to become the club’s top earner – topping the £150,000 a week paid to Virgil van Dijk.

“I said since day one here that I’m happy here at Liverpool and I want to show my football here,” Salah said last month.

“It’s a dream to win the Premier League here after a long time, a club that hasn’t won it for a long time.

“It’s my dream – honestly. I want to win it with this club.”

United boss Jose Mourinho signed Salah during his time at Chelsea, before the right winger was offloaded to Roma.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Manchester United will make a £175million summer bid for Mohamed Salah, according to a report in Spain. 

The ‘ever-reliable’ Don Balon have surpassed themselves today and claimed United are willing to try and lure Salah across the north-west.

There appears to be very little substance to the sensational report, which if true, would cause a public outcry at Anfield.

Salah, 25, has blasted 37 goals for Liverpool this season and Real Madrid are believed to be ready to make a move for Salah as they look for a long-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Egypt forward, who signed from Roma for £36.9million in the summer, is expected to be offered a new contract at Liverpool in the summer after his sensational first season at Anfield.

He is currently contracted until 2022 and commands a weekly wage of around £120,000 a week, but he can expect to become the club’s top earner – topping the £150,000 a week paid to Virgil van Dijk.

“I said since day one here that I’m happy here at Liverpool and I want to show my football here,” Salah said last month.

“It’s a dream to win the Premier League here after a long time, a club that hasn’t won it for a long time.

“It’s my dream – honestly. I want to win it with this club.”

United boss Jose Mourinho signed Salah during his time at Chelsea, before the right winger was offloaded to Roma.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don Balón is a kids football magazine like Shoot used to be (don't know if it still exists in England) over here.  xD

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don Balón is a kids football magazine like Shoot used to be (don't know if it still exists in England) over here.  xD

.... and they are still one of the most credible rags in Spain xD

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

.... and they are still one of the most credible rags in Spain xD

It seems so according to that child's football magazine. The curious part is that you chose to believe the comma (which means questionable) marked part which says it's a credible source but you laughed and failed to believe the article. :dam:xD

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

As well as Salah and KDB xD

Some transfer kittie they must have!

Oh... If that’s your question, well yeah... They’ve got a decent sized kitty for that and plenty more mate. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

L'Equipe are absolutely full of shit. They've printed loads about us and been wrong on nearly every occasion.

A lot of these sport publications are loaded with journalism that's full of total bollocks because they don't care too much about the credibility of their sources - which agents quite like a bit, because agents can make something up and tell a journalist who won't look into whether it's true or not before printing a story. And the goal will either be for that agent to have successfully stirred up other clubs being interested in his client, or having leverage with a media story to point to in contract negotiations to get their client a better deal with their current club.

Then there are also the twitter bullshitters that get their bullshit picked up and reported on by goal.com and bleacher report and other shite like that. I've generally found that a lot of the reporting on "news" sites for football that are dedicated to sport are full of bullshit journalism. For instance, anything ESPN has to say about football (at least in European football) with regards to transfers I assume is totally fucking wrong. Because they've got an awful track record and spew a hell of a lot of bullshit. Sky Sports is a healthy mix of 50% actual transfer news that's legitimate and 50% total bollocks - but they are mostly just reporting on what others are reporting. Actual papers that have journalistic standards for sourcing are generally a bit better. But that's not always the case, because shite like the Daily Mail (although calling that tabloid an "actual paper" is giving it way too much credit) is totally untrustworthy in their football journalism (which, actually, matches their reporting on all other topics - so I guess they've got consistency going for them).

With Liverpool there are a few journalists known to our fanbase as being reputable. But these people aren't people who really play into the mindless speculation game all too much, instead it'll be stuff like "this is a top target" after we've made a bid or something like that. I'm sure other clubs have similar journalists that they know are more trust worthy than others, as everyone's got reporters assigned to their club at least by their local paper.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours flying around that Emre Can has bought a new house in England, but not in Liverpool. So it looks like he’s staying in the Premiere League, Manchester City maybe?

He could just be getting a house in Cheshire, where a lot of our players live. Also a lot of players from both Manc clubs.

So he's probably staying in the northwest. If it's big wages he's after, Citeh is the right choice. And he doesn't really improve on their starting XI at all. If he goes to United he's a twat.

Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred is strongly linked to a Premier League move this summer with Manchester City and Manchester United appearing to be the front-runners for the 25-year-old's signature.

Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin told Corriere dello Sport in March: "Fred will leave in July, if he does not go to Manchester City, he will go to Manchester United."

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Imagine Can thinking he's good enough to start for City 😂😂😂

Well they aren’t wanting to sign him for shits and giggles. Pep obviously sees he has enough talent to warrant a place in the City squad, whether that’s as a starter or a rotational option with Fernandinho. 

START for city. Like I, and MANY OTHERS, have already said numerous times, Can is a good player to have in the squad but he's not this absolute beast that is starting week in week out for a top club.

11 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

START for city. Like I, and MANY OTHERS, have already said numerous times, Can is a good player to have in the squad but he's not this absolute beast that is starting week in week out for a top club.

Are we not a top club? He starts week in week out for us doesn’t he?

Anyway, I don’t think anyone has ever claimed that he’s a footballing beast but as you say, he’s a very good player to have in the squad and I think we will miss him to a certain extent when he goes. I can see him really developing as a player, especially under a coach like Pep. 

55 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Are we not a top club? He starts week in week out for us doesn’t he?

Anyway, I don’t think anyone has ever claimed that he’s a footballing beast but as you say, he’s a very good player to have in the squad and I think we will miss him to a certain extent when he goes. I can see him really developing as a player, especially under a coach like Pep. 

Starts for us cause we've fuck all else. Does he start over Fernandinho for City? Over Casemiro for Madrid? Over Veratti for PSG? Over Thiago for Munich? The answer to all three is a resounding "fucking nee chance". The lad needs to realise that he's not going to get a better place to develop his game than where he is right now.

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Starts for us cause we've fuck all else. Does he start over Fernandinho for City? Over Casemiro for Madrid? Over Veratti for PSG? Over Thiago for Munich? The answer to all three is a resounding "fucking nee chance". The lad needs to realise that he's not going to get a better place to develop his game than where he is right now.

I’m not sure how many times I have to say this but again, I agree with you, so not sure what your argument is?

As I’ve said many many times: Emre Can is a great squad filler, as in, maybe not a nailed on starter for a top club but a really strong option for rotational purposes or from the bench. 

37 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

If you agree then why feel the need to quote people who say he isn't as good as he thinks and make a point of "Well pep thinks he's good enough" then? 

I said Pep sees Can has enough talent to warrant a place in the City squad, which he obviously does or he wouldn’t be interested in signing him? 

He’ll probably be rotated in and out of the team with Fernandinho which would probably see him rack up 30+ games a season which I imagine he’d be very happy with whilst winning loads of stuff and being paid handsomely. 

Anyway, this topic is getting boring. Let’s just see where he ends up. 

Chelsea enquire for Jean-Michaël Seri

Premier League side Chelsea have very recently made an enquiry for Ivorian international midfielder and OGC Nice man Jean-Michaël Seri, according to our colleagues at L’Équipe.

The player has a gentleman’s agreement with his Ligue 1 side that will allow him to leave Les Aiglons if an offer comes in worth €40m.

Now that would be some proper business. Replace Drinkwater with Seri 

Doesn't Seri have some sort of foot condition where they swell up in cold weather or some silly shite like that? Quite a few English teams were interested in him last summer - he seemed to be holding out for Barca. He looks like a good player, so if that foot condition thing is bollocks he'd most likely improve Chelsea.

I still don't know why Chelsea signed Drinkwater or Barkley.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived