talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

Won more at Barca and in a shorter period. 

Sure, more trophies. And he played with some of the best players in the process.

But in terms of individual performances, Henry at Arsenal was one of the best. Easily one of the best strikers to ever grace the English game, and was a massive part of some absolutely legendary Arsenal sides. It's a bit strange to hear his Arsenal career compared to the Ox's... one was a player that Wenger kicked on to be one of the best, and the other is a player with potential that Wenger failed to use correctly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We were in pole position to sign Dragovic permanently in the summer but he's been dropped, very harshly so in my opinion, and a respected ITK reckons he's gone off the idea with Spurs, West Ham and Palace interested.

I'm getting increasingly concerned that there's a player power issue at this club. Dragovic should be ahead of Morgan for me now. We've potentially put ourselves at square one in the centre half situation all for the sake of playing someone who isn't actually performing any better, regardless of the fact he's now 34.

Think Morgan probably gets some over the top stick but I do think the time's come to replace him.

On 05/03/2018 at 19:16, Cicero said:

Same goes with Ashley Cole, Henry, Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor,  Van Persie,  Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, etc

You're probably fishing here, but I'll bite. You could say honours wise they did better absolutely, but none of them were the same players performance wise after leaving apart from Cole and for a small period Van Persie and Henry. All the rest were far better at Arsenal, Hleb's career was an absolute nightmare after leaving and still says it was his biggest mistake leaving Arsenal. Sagna is laughable as well, we won more than City in his time there and he was nowhere near the player.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, HK85 said:

A nice £8 million signing on fee for Wilshere here if he fancies it. 

8 million to buy some company for James McCarthy in the physio room seems a bit steep, even in this market.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We have apparently agreed personal terms with Wilfred Ndidi but are yet to agree a fee with Leicester. 

@Stan @Dan

Thought all that shit was illegal speaking to the player first before the club xD

Anyway, didn't this same thing happen a month or so ago? Bit of recycled rumour after a good game yesterday as well as nothing happening with Can's contract...? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thought all that shit was illegal speaking to the player first before the club xD

Anyway, didn't this same thing happen a month or so ago? Bit of recycled rumour after a good game yesterday as well as nothing happening with Can's contract...? 

Could be? It’s been broken by the guy who was the first to break the news of us signing Kieta so it could be true, or it could be guess work. He’s saying Leicester gave us permission to talk to Ndidi whilst negotiations over a fee are ongoing. 

Whats he like anyway? I’ve watched a few extended highlight reels and he looks good at breaking up play etc but maybe a little wasteful in possession? 

• Administrator

Sounds about right - brilliant at tackling and interceptions. It's not his role to get forward much but he will at the right time. For only 21 he has a good football brain but his passing could improve. He's kind of like a defensive midfielder shield and frees up anyone more creative in our midfield (iborra or Silva when we play them). 

I hope he sticks around with us as to have only got 2 seasons out of him would be similar to only getting 1 season out of Kante. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Could be? It’s been broken by the guy who was the first to break the news of us signing Kieta so it could be true, or it could be guess work. He’s saying Leicester gave us permission to talk to Ndidi whilst negotiations over a fee are ongoing. 

Whats he like anyway? I’ve watched a few extended highlight reels and he looks good at breaking up play etc but maybe a little wasteful in possession? 

That's quite a fair assessment I'd say. Fantastic ball-winner but very hit and miss with his passing. Physically strong and has a great shot on him. Possibly our brightest prospect, very easy to forget he's only just turned 21. I'd like to think we'd get a lot for him if we lost him.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's quite a fair assessment I'd say. Fantastic ball-winner but very hit and miss with his passing. Physically strong and has a great shot on him. Possibly our brightest prospect, very easy to forget he's only just turned 21. I'd like to think we'd get a lot for him if we lost him.

Rumours are that we opened negotiations at around £25m but you lot want £50m. Will probably end up somewhere in the middle if it ever happens. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

did you see the 'head to head' think Chilwell and Maguire did in Marbella? Little bit of fun where they had to guess the player after the other described him and one of them (for Wilf) said 'can't shoot, 3000 shots to a goal' xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rumours are that we opened negotiations at around £25m but you lot want £50m. Will probably end up somewhere in the middle if it ever happens. 

Yeah in this market I'd imagine we'd be after nearer £50mil than £25mil. I'd be disappointed with £25mil when we paid £15mil and he's generally looked good in this league at his age.

I reckon it'll probably be around £40mil if it happens.

We've got a busy summer ahead. It's likely we lose Mahrez, and it's possible we lose Ndidi and Maguire too. Take those three out we're in trouble.

Just now, Stan said:

did you see the 'head to head' think Chilwell and Maguire did in Marbella? Little bit of fun where they had to guess the player after the other described him and one of them (for Wilf) said 'can't shoot, 3000 shots to a goal' xD 

xD he doesn't actually score many, but he's hit some really nice shots all the same.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Yeah in this market I'd imagine we'd be after nearer £50mil than £25mil. I'd be disappointed with £25mil when we paid £15mil and he's generally looked good in this league at his age.

I reckon it'll probably be around £40mil if it happens.

We've got a busy summer ahead. It's likely we lose Mahrez, and it's possible we lose Ndidi and Maguire too. Take those three out we're in trouble.

xD he doesn't actually score many, but he's hit some really nice shots all the same.

that one against Stoke last season was sensational.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

that one against Stoke last season was sensational.

He catches them really well. I'm surprised how few he's got this season but centre midfielders scoring goals for us seems to be a totally alien concept so maybe I shouldn't be shocked. Even in the title year Kante and Drinkwater got 3 between them.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

He catches them really well. I'm surprised how few he's got this season but centre midfielders scoring goals for us seems to be a totally alien concept so maybe I shouldn't be shocked. Even in the title year Kante and Drinkwater got 3 between them.

Kante's just about as well xD 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived