talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know for a fact Juventus are interested and I know for a fact they have people more clued up on players ability than anyone on here. 

I think that some people believing that he’s not even worthy of being in our squad is astounding to be honest. 

Has anyone said that though? The problem has always been whether he's good enough to be a regular starter because of how inconsistent he is

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think that some people believing that he’s not even worthy of being in our squad is astounding to be honest. 

Nobody on here has ever said that. Weve said he's inconsistent and we need more than that to start in the first 11. 

Also, why do you keep throwing "X thinks this so your opinion doesn't matter" around? If you're not interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this team then I suggest a forum isn't the place for you. 

27 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Nobody on here has ever said that. Weve said he's inconsistent and we need more than that to start in the first 11. 

Also, why do you keep throwing "X thinks this so your opinion doesn't matter" around? If you're not interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this team then I suggest a forum isn't the place for you. 

I had a very long winded discussion with at least 2 Liverpool supporters on here who were claiming that Can isn’t good enough for our squad. My counter argument was that he was and that we needed to be keeping players like him around to enhance quality squad depth, something we’ve not had for a long time. 

They disagreed saying losing him would be no great great loss where some others said he’d be no great loss but it’s annoying losing him for free. 

I disagree with both them statements. I think keeping him around would ensure great squad depth. 

Oh and my point regarding other X teams being interested still stands. There’s reports now suggesting all of Bayern Munich, Juventus, Man City & Real Madrid are interested. If he’s good enough for them, he’s good enough for us. 

Your point about him being a bit inconsistent are true, but as I’ve explained before, there’s a reason for that. Until not long ago it was revealed by Klopp that Can had being playing the previous 18 months or so with a long standing injury that pain killing injections before every match. He was basically playing with one hand tied behind his back. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I had a very long winded discussion with at least 2 Liverpool supporters on here who were claiming that Can isn’t good enough for our squad. My counter argument was that he was and that we needed to be keeping players like him around to enhance quality squad depth, something we’ve not had for a long time. 

They disagreed saying losing him would be no great great loss where some others said he’d be no great loss but it’s annoying losing him for free. 

I disagree with both them statements. I think keeping him around would ensure great squad depth. 

Oh and my point regarding other X teams being interested still stands. There’s reports now suggesting all of Bayern Munich, Juventus, Man City & Real Madrid are interested. If he’s good enough for them, he’s good enough for us. 

Your point about him being a bit inconsistent are true, but as I’ve explained before, there’s a reason for that. Until not long ago it was revealed by Klopp that Can had being playing the previous 18 months or so with a long standing injury that pain killing injections before every match. He was basically playing with one hand tied behind his back. 

Keita coming in and get another CM in and he wouldn't be missed. If he goes and we don't bring anyone in apart from Keita of course it weakens the squad.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Keita coming in and get another CM in and he wouldn't be missed. If he goes and we don't bring anyone in apart from Keita of course it weakens the squad.

Kieta and another CM effectively replaces Coutinho and Can. So we will still have an issue with squad depth should we get an injury or two. 

Anyway, it’s clear we rate Can differently so....

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Kieta and another CM effectively replaces Coutinho and Can. So we will still have an issue with squad depth should we get an injury or two. 

Anyway, it’s clear we rate Can differently so....

Improve on Can and we're stronger. Possibly would need another one there depending on how Lallana comes back. Henderson and Milner are alright squad players or if they were playing alongside someone who's good on the ball.

You seem to rate him differently to any Red I've come across to be honest mate.

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Improve on Can and we're stronger. Possibly would need another one there depending on how Lallana comes back. Henderson and Milner are alright squad players or if they were playing alongside someone who's good on the ball.

You seem to rate him differently to any Red I've come across to be honest mate.

I’m not saying he’s some sort of midfield god or anything but as you say, we are relying on a very injury prone Lallana and Henderson, and an ageing Milner for squad depth. 

I just don’t see how losing Can isn’t seen as a negative that’s all. In my opinion it’s more benificial to us to keep him rather than seeing him go to one of the big guns in Europe, especially on a free. 

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’m not saying he’s some sort of midfield god or anything but as you say, we are relying on a very injury prone Lallana and Henderson, and an ageing Milner for squad depth. 

I just don’t see how losing Can isn’t seen as a negative that’s all. In my opinion it’s more benificial to us to keep him rather than seeing him go to one of the big guns in Europe, especially on a free. 

It's all about the replacement really isn't it? To be honest we should be looking to sign a central player whether Can goes or not. A top quality CM alongside Keita leaves the other four (forgot about Wijnaldum before!) fighting for the other spot which wouldn't be too bad. Anything less and there's still too much averageness in the midfield

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's all about the replacement really isn't it? To be honest we should be looking to sign a central player whether Can goes or not. A top quality CM alongside Keita leaves the other four (forgot about Wijnaldum before!) fighting for the other spot which wouldn't be too bad. Anything less and there's still too much averageness in the midfield

That’s basically my point. As you say, even if Can stays, we’d still ideally need another. Letting him go though means we are going to have to spend considerable money on a replacement, money that could be better used on much more pressing issues within the squad. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

That’s basically my point. As you say, even if Can stays, we’d still ideally need another. Letting him go though means we are going to have to spend considerable money on a replacement, money that could be better used on much more pressing issues within the squad. 

To be honest, thinking about it more, if we improved the first 11 with Keita and one other one of the current crop could probably go as we'd have the numbers there (I'd forgot Chamberlain too) and they're all similar in ability, there's not a lot between them. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he'd be no great loss to be honest

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

To be honest, thinking about it more, if we improved the first 11 with Keita and one other one of the current crop could probably go as we'd have the numbers there (I'd forgot Chamberlain too) and they're all similar in ability, there's not a lot between them. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he'd be no great loss to be honest

Disagree. Apart from Henderson, none of our other CM’s can play the deepest as a number 6, which is where Can has spent most of his time lately. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Disagree. Apart from Henderson, none of our other CM’s can play the deepest as a number 6, which is where Can has spent most of his time lately. 

And it's the position in midfield that requires most improvement

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Exactly, so letting Can go only weakens it further. 

Anyway fuck it. He’s gone. 

But as I said, there's not much difference between the players in terms of ability we have there at the moment. Sign a dead good player to play there who's much better than what we have and we're stronger and can let one go

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I assume one of those people is me? If so, I think you've slightly misrepresented my position. I think he's good to have around for squad depth, but I'm not disappointed to lose him. The two aren't mutually exclusive because I think he's easily replaceable.

We need to be looking to upgrade rather than replace whether he goes or not.

10 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I assume one of those people is me? If so, I think you've slightly misrepresented my position. I think he's good to have around for squad depth, but I'm not disappointed to lose him. The two aren't mutually exclusive because I think he's easily replaceable.

We need to be looking to upgrade rather than replace whether he goes or not.

I’m not sure who it was to be honest buddy, was a while ago now? 

• Subscriber

ESPN reckons we had scouts looking at Saman Ghoddos of Ostersunds. He's got a release clause of £6mil apparently which is peanuts really nowadays in the Premier League. Not sure how good he is, but he's regarded as the key player of Ostersunds and they're clearly not a bad side. Who knows.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Will be interesting to see who Alderweireld will be joining on a free for. Rumours currently are that Man Utd are interested. 

On a free? He has a year and a half left of his deal, then another year on top of that if we want it (when the £25 million clause kicks in)

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived