• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Storts said:

On a free? He has a year and a half left of his deal, then another year on top of that if we want it (when the £25 million clause kicks in)

I thought it was up this summer... So basically the £25m clause kicks in summer 2019? If so I can see him still being sold this summer rather than you losing him for £25m next summer. Especially as he seems to want to leave and Tottenham haven't really missed him that much while he's been out injured anyway.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I thought it was up this summer... So basically the £25m clause kicks in summer 2019? If so I can see him still being sold this summer rather than you losing him for £25m next summer. Especially as he seems to want to leave and Tottenham haven't really missed him that much while he's been out injured anyway.

Yeah - 2019 the clause kicks in. Wouldn't surprise me if we sold him this summer either, although equally could see him signing a new deal, or us just letting him play out the next year and a half then taking that money. All options still open imo.

Don't think he actually wants to leave, he just wants to be paid 150k a week, and be on a more level playing field with VVD etc. which is perfectly reasonable.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jack Wilshere has been in contact with the Ox and is now angling for a move to Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer. 

Now that would be funny. The one player Arsenal fans have been praising recently. I guess it could work with Emre Can leaving

29 minutes ago, Marc said:

Now that would be funny. The one player Arsenal fans have been praising recently. I guess it could work with Emre Can leaving

I think Klopp has identified other, more robust, targets to replace Can going by recent rumours. 

Wilshere could possibly be competition/replacement for Lallana who is knocking on 30 and becoming very injury prone. 

It could be a totally false rumour too :what:

Wilshere is fragile as fuck, I reckon he's buckle quick with the way we play. On his day he is really good, but those days come few and far between. Then again, on a free he MIGHT be worth a gamble as long as his wage demands aren't retarded

• Subscriber

Wilshere is still overrated. One of those players who has bags of talent but does nothing most games then when he strings together 2-3 good performances all his fans are like "SEE TOLD YOU HE'S ALWAYS BEEN CLASS".

Bit like us lot with Barkley probably.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wilshere is still overrated. One of those players who has bags of talent but does nothing most games then when he strings together 2-3 good performances all his fans are like "SEE TOLD YOU HE'S ALWAYS BEEN CLASS".

Bit like us lot with Barkley probably.

I’d agree with that somewhat but again, people were saying the same when we signed Ox but Klopp is already getting much more out of him than Wenger ever did. 

33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

People said the same about Ox and he’s turning out to be a great signing. 

I was more pointing to the fact Wilshere's body breaks down on a regular basis and he can't string a run of games together

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

People said the same about Ox and he’s turning out to be a great signing. 

There were questions about his quality, but never his ability to deal with the intensity of our system. Wilshere's fragility and lack of discipline mean he'll never be an asset in our team under Klopp.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

There were questions about his quality, but never his ability to deal with the intensity of our system. Wilshere's fragility and lack of discipline mean he'll never be an asset in our team under Klopp.

I have to disagree mate. AOC’s injury record whilst at Arsenal was brought up plenty of times when we signed him. 

Have a look in the relevant thread pal. 

You guys are buying into this myth that Chamberlain is a totally different player? xD The media does wonders when it comes to the perception fans have of players.

He does do better in a system where he has to think less as he doesn't have much game intelligence. If you just go for it then he does well, if you want to manage a game, he's a liability. That's no different to the player he was here but Liverpool does suit him better because you have a more direct attacking style rather than a possession based style.

As for Wilshere moving to Liverpool, he's a far superior player to Can, Milner or Henderson. He's just made of glass. Would walk into Liverpool's midfield if he's ankles are working.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

You guys are buying into this myth that Chamberlain is a totally different player? xD The media does wonders when it comes to the perception fans have of players.

He does do better in a system where he has to think less as he doesn't have much game intelligence. If you just go for it then he does well, if you want to manage a game, he's a liability. That's no different to the player he was here but Liverpool does suit him better because you have a more direct attacking style rather than a possession based style.

As for Wilshere moving to Liverpool, he's a far superior player to Can, Milner or Henderson. He's just made of glass. Would walk into Liverpool's midfield if he's ankles are working.

He managed the game pretty well when we beat City and they had the majority of the possession. He had a blinder. 

I’ll agree Klopp’s style suits him better but it can’t be argued that he’s proving his critics wrong. Wenger just didn’t know how to best exploit his talent. 

Everyone feels and acts better when in the company of good mates!  When JK was in Dortmund the whole team were a genuine 'together group' and now at Afield there is a genuine feeling of wanting to be there,  Arsene has always seemed a good guy, but his warmth displayed at the side of the pitch leaves a lot to be desired whilst Kloppy goes on and on.  I know the game is about money these days, but a feeling of being wanted and liked is still something even the best International stars need to see and feel - ask K deB and Leroy at City!  It does seem to have an effect on  young guy like Chamberlain!

• Subscriber

Lots of headlines linking us to Vardy this morning. Seems utterly nonsensical to me again but if Walsh and Allardyce have anything to say about it it doesn't surprise me at all if he's genuinely our top target.

Obviously as a player he'd be an asset but he's also 31 and while we're not exactly well endowed with proven goalscorers, our defence is the area that needs heavy investment and Leicester aren't letting Vardy go cheap given what a talisman he is for them.

Besides, why he would want to join Everton for anything other than a massive pay rise is beyond me. We're a club that doesn't know who's managing us next season full of poisonous characters in the dressing room and a disillusioned fan base who aren't shy about making themselves heard. Appealing...

• Subscriber
On 3/3/2018 at 10:41, LFCMadLad said:

I think Klopp has identified other, more robust, targets to replace Can going by recent rumours. 

Wilshere could possibly be competition/replacement for Lallana who is knocking on 30 and becoming very injury prone. 

It could be a totally false rumour too :what:

xD

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

To be fair, for balance, I've totally eaten my words on Oxlade-Chamberlain after the reviews he's had at Liverpool.

think a lot of people have.

Best thing he ever did was to leave Arsenal. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

think a lot of people have.

Best thing he ever did was to leave Arsenal. 

Same goes with Ashley Cole, Henry, Fabregas, Hleb, Adebayor,  Van Persie,  Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, etc

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Lots of headlines linking us to Vardy this morning. Seems utterly nonsensical to me again but if Walsh and Allardyce have anything to say about it it doesn't surprise me at all if he's genuinely our top target.

Obviously as a player he'd be an asset but he's also 31 and while we're not exactly well endowed with proven goalscorers, our defence is the area that needs heavy investment and Leicester aren't letting Vardy go cheap given what a talisman he is for them.

Besides, why he would want to join Everton for anything other than a massive pay rise is beyond me. We're a club that doesn't know who's managing us next season full of poisonous characters in the dressing room and a disillusioned fan base who aren't shy about making themselves heard. Appealing...

I can't see Vardy leaving us until he's not good enough to play for us to be honest. We'd demand a totally over the top fee for someone of his age. If people think we're ripping others off for Mahrez then Vardy's another topic altogether. The long and short is no-one who can afford what we'd want would need him that much.

The only side I could see him going to, and this will sound absolutely ridiculous, is Atletico Madrid. Their camp were singing his praises big time when we played them. Again though, I don't think they'd pay what we want.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived