talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly had this for dinner tonight and I just don’t know why I’ve spent my entire life using Dolmio for anything. Classic Northern European lack of flavour.

But yeah; tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and Rosemary roasted, then minus the rosemary blended into a soup.  Some chilli flakes thrown in for a kick. Eaten with tiger bread cheese and pesto toasties, was genuinely amazing. Fuck this country this is why Italy are favourites to win the Euros.

The pesto wasn’t homemade but what can you do

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdXPh8Mr/

That is not exactly an Italian dish, but it uses some Italian ingredients, so I'll let it slide. And yes, the Italian cuisine is quite superior. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly had this for dinner tonight and I just don’t know why I’ve spent my entire life using Dolmio for anything. Classic Northern European lack of flavour.

But yeah; tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and Rosemary roasted, then minus the rosemary blended into a soup.  Some chilli flakes thrown in for a kick. Eaten with tiger bread cheese and pesto toasties, was genuinely amazing. Fuck this country this is why Italy are favourites to win the Euros.

The pesto wasn’t homemade but what can you do

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdXPh8Mr/

Not used a jar sauce for well over 15 years. I think I tasted Dolmio last about two years ago at a friend's house and couldn't stomach it. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not used a jar sauce for well over 15 years. I think I tasted Dolmio last about two years ago at a friend's house and couldn't stomach it. 

Jar sauce usually contains a shit ton of sugar. I remember the days when I.... when I..... oh god.... made "Bolognese" from a jar. It bring tears to my eyes thinking about it now. Mamma mia. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Jar sauce usually contains a shit ton of sugar. I remember the days when I.... when I..... oh god.... made "Bolognese" from a jar. It bring tears to my eyes thinking about it now. Mamma mia. 

Exactly, given how easy it is to make a home made bolognese it's a wonder anyone eats that shit. 

8 hours ago, Devil said:

So easy to get caught into bad cooking habits and not even realise you’re in them, in fairness when I normally make a bolognese I’ll make it from chopped tomatoes but even then it doesn’t taste as good as how the soup came out last night 

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

So easy to get caught into bad cooking habits and not even realise you’re in them, in fairness when I normally make a bolognese I’ll make it from chopped tomatoes but even then it doesn’t taste as good as how the soup came out last night 

Home made soup is incredible, my wife makes a chilli bean one and it's just amazing. 

I know what you're saying about bad habits, my mate divorced from his wife a few years back and he went from a healthy homecooked meal diet to picking and choosing what he fancied each day. That was his downfall because if you allow yourself to pick and choose each day 9x out of 10 you end up picking something unhealthy or quick to make. 

15 minutes ago, Devil said:

Home made soup is incredible, my wife makes a chilli bean one and it's just amazing. 

I know what you're saying about bad habits, my mate divorced from his wife a few years back and he went from a healthy homecooked meal diet to picking and choosing what he fancied each day. That was his downfall because if you allow yourself to pick and choose each day 9x out of 10 you end up picking something unhealthy or quick to make. 

Yeah and so many of us literally grew up on chicken nuggets, smiley faces, fish fingers...I remember my mum cooking things like roast dinners, cottage pies, chicken stews from scratch but outside of those gravy type meals a lot of British households are just on frozen food....so cheap, go Iceland get whatever you want for a quid.

It's funny cos there's food like hummus which is generally just street food in the countries it originates from but over here if you were white and eating hummus you'd come across as middle class with your "new" middle class sounding food xD Food education in general has been bad

• Subscriber

The wife makes a lovely vegetable home soup and when she does that goes down very well especially some buttered bread/rolls to dunk into it.

Edit: I forgot about the cheese macaroni whenever wee Kaiden is staying for a sleepover our daughter will ask him what does he want for tea then it's "Grannies cheese macaroni with skinny chips" xD

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah and so many of us literally grew up on chicken nuggets, smiley faces, fish fingers...I remember my mum cooking things like roast dinners, cottage pies, chicken stews from scratch but outside of those gravy type meals a lot of British households are just on frozen food....so cheap, go Iceland get whatever you want for a quid.

It's funny cos there's food like hummus which is generally just street food in the countries it originates from but over here if you were white and eating hummus you'd come across as middle class with your "new" middle class sounding food xD Food education in general has been bad

Again totally get where your coming from, think I may have been lucky because my mum loved cooking so I always got a decent meal. I'd get the few dodgy ones like liver and onions but even that was good for me in the sense it wasn't processed food. 

Then you'd go round to a friends house who's mum was at work and he'd been having a plate full of potato croquettes, fish fingers and Bernard Matthews chicken drummers. 

To be fair though his mum was a single mother bringing up four boys, sometimes they've got to cut corners to save money. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Again totally get where your coming from, think I may have been lucky because my mum loved cooking so I always got a decent meal. I'd get the few dodgy ones like liver and onions but even that was good for me in the sense it wasn't processed food. 

Then you'd go round to a friends house who's mum was at work and he'd been having a plate full of potato croquettes, fish fingers and Bernard Matthews chicken drummers. 

To be fair though his mum was a single mother bringing up four boys, sometimes they've got to cut corners to save money. 

My mum has never liked cooking it's just my dad has always been too lazy to cook, and neither of them had a great palette when I was growing up. Lived 10 minutes down the road from the biggest Sikh community in London and never touched a curry until I was in my early 20s. I've gone from a roast dinner being my favourite dinner to now being able to live without it.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

That is not exactly an Italian dish, but it uses some Italian ingredients, so I'll let it slide. And yes, the Italian cuisine is quite superior. 

Pesto and a tomatoes sauce, it's Italian and that's that :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Danny said:

My mum has never liked cooking it's just my dad has always been too lazy to cook, and neither of them had a great palette when I was growing up. Lived 10 minutes down the road from the biggest Sikh community in London and never touched a curry until I was in my early 20s. I've gone from a roast dinner being my favourite dinner to now being able to live without it.

To be fair food in the UK is so much different from when I was younger. People were more traditional with their cooking as our parents were brought up by mums and dads who'd lived through the war etc.. 

There were a lot of Stews and dishes you rarely hear being talked about now. Now it's all Italian, Indian, Mexican, American, I don't remember the last time I had anything remotely like what you'd call traditional British other than a roast or a chippy tea. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

To be fair food in the UK is so much different from when I was younger. People were more traditional with their cooking as our parents were brought up by mums and dads who'd lived through the war etc.. 

There were a lot of Stews and dishes you rarely hear being talked about now. Now it's all Italian, Indian, Mexican, American, I don't remember the last time I had anything remotely like what you'd call traditional British other than a roast or a chippy tea. 

Kids these days don't deserve it, we went through the trenches of unseasoned and overcooked food so they can eat whatever they like now xD

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Kids these days don't deserve it, we went through the trenches of unseasoned and overcooked food so they can eat whatever they like now xD

Liver and onions mate, I used to dread Bravestar coming on kids TV on a Tuesday......

Liver and onions night and my mum was the type that wouldn't let me leave the table until it was finished. 

Just now, Devil said:

Liver and onions mate, I used to dread Bravestar coming on kids TV on a Tuesday......

Liver and onions night and my mum was the type that wouldn't let me leave the table until it was finished. 

Think it's one of the reasons I love vegetables...so hard to fuck vegetables up xD

• Subscriber

These are what I am having for lunch and they are bloody beautiful, might have them with a salad and some thin french fries. :twothumbsup: 

Macaroni Cheese Bites, even break them open and dip your french fries in them while you munch away. :x

thumbnail_20210709_114319.thumb.jpg.c0091ad1480caf2614b501a236dfc963.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Gave the wife a break today and I rustled up some chicken breast fillet strips, roast tatties, peas, 2 Yorkies covered in gravy.

download.png.bf7a6f61f0b6f513ada66aa6a4a1f6dd.png 

Then I raided the Snowballs, only a few left as it looks like our son has been at them the little prick.

b82cdbd1-5d77-4b54-a657-26f0a1f77206.png.6f2d90373c923a3d170a09f063ba4af6.png 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Strapping Max xD

Is the Ham cold or cooked? Weirdly I had something similar this morning. I had poached eggs, Gammon and Toast.

Cold. You can cook it though, but I've always eaten the version with cold ham. 

Archived