talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

Already the rumours are flying about on who we'll bring in to replace Chris Wood.

Jordan Rhodes is the one most linked so far. Probably because things don't quite seem to be falling for him at Wednesday. Not sure how much truth is in that but he's obviously lost his way a bit since Blackburn and seems to be struggling confidence wise. I wouldn't be against this one, he could thrive with us.

Ross McCormack is the next one. Inevitable really. Ex Leeds, used to be loved here till he decided to move for money. Again, seems to have lost his way at Villa, had various injuries and looks to be surplus to requirements. If I'm honest, I feel we've moved on from him now and wouldn't want him back, not on a permanent anyway. Loan maybe.

Benik Afobe is another. Now I think this one is extremely optimistic given he's getting game time at Bournemouth so can't see it, not to mention he'd be big money. There is no doubt though that he would be a powerhouse in the Championship and if we could get him I would be very pleased.

Joining the unrealistic shouts is Shane Long. Not getting game time at Southampton, I would be happy to see us move from him because I think he'd suit the way we're looking to play. Apparently a big Leeds fan as well. We'll see.

Leonardo Ulloa has also been linked. If I'm perfectly honest, out of all the names linked, I'd probably favour him most as he's arguably the closest fit to Chris Wood and he'd fit like a glove straight into our side.

Jordan Hugill from Preston is one that we've supposedly been looking at for a period of time now. Is doing quite well at Preston and would probably be a lot cheaper than some of the names mentioned.

Nelson Oliviera is the last one on the list. Very impressive record at Norwich although he seems to be having issues with the manager there which may result in him leaving.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

More than welcome to Leo Ulloa mate. Bossed it with Brighton few years back before we signed him when we got promoted back to Premier League. Scored the odd important goal for us but never got a consistent run of goals even though he played a lot in that first season back. 

He's too easy to play against in this league. He'd be a great replacement for Wood but I doubt he'd want to drop a division as there has been interest from top flight clubs here and in Spain throughout the transfer window. 

Just now, Stan said:

More than welcome to Leo Ulloa mate. Bossed it with Brighton few years back before we signed him when we got promoted back to Premier League. Scored the odd important goal for us but never got a consistent run of goals even though he played a lot in that first season back. 

He's too easy to play against in this league. He'd be a great replacement for Wood but I doubt he'd want to drop a division as there has been interest from top flight clubs here and in Spain throughout the transfer window. 

Yeah, he seems well down your pecking order, it would just be a case of whether he'd want to come and whether we could agree on a fair fee. There is no doubt he knows where the goal is down here but I have to say, I think we play better football without a big target man. We certainly did Saturday.

• Administrator

Yeah that Saiz guy looks a right handful. Certainly hit the ground running. What are Leeds like financially? Would the money from Wood's sale be wholly available? If so it's more than enough to get Ulloa. We'll even chuck in Musa for free. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah that Saiz guy looks a right handful. Certainly hit the ground running. What are Leeds like financially? Would the money from Wood's sale be wholly available? If so it's more than enough to get Ulloa. We'll even chuck in Musa for free. 

We're ok. It's hard to know how much Radrizzani has but he's done all the right things so far. Buying the ground back was the biggest one. But in terms of players, we've only looked at the foreign market mainly as it's cheaper. I don't see us paying fee's of around £8-10m on players if I'm honest, which would rule out a load of those above and there's no way we'd get all the money to spend, some would definitely go back into the coffers for other expenditure like wages etc.

Ulloa I wouldn't want us to pay anymore than £5-6m tops simply because he's 31 now, it's been three years since he has been in the Championship and the last two years he's had little game time so we're not exactly getting the same player. But I would take Musa on a free gladly if that's how the world worked.. His pace is something that would compliment our counter attack.

• Subscriber

I was going to suggest Ulloa. Makes total sense actually. He replaced Wood at Leicester pretty much.

I think he'd score for you. Think we've outgrown him now though.

It sounds like Leeds are interested in Boro's Gestede. He'd be a good replacement for Wood and Boro have a number of strikers currently in their squad. Gestede will score goals at this level if played regularly, he is unplayable at times with his aerial ability.

21 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

It sounds like Leeds are interested in Boro's Gestede. He'd be a good replacement for Wood and Boro have a number of strikers currently in their squad. Gestede will score goals at this level if played regularly, he is unplayable at times with his aerial ability.

Any word on price?

No sure on price but probably a fraction of what Wood was sold for!

Sam Gallagher has signed for Birmingham on loan. Personally I think he could have done a lot better in terms of playing in a better squad and he has a bright future ahead of him BUT he needs to play regularly like he did with us.

On 18/08/2017 at 3:34 PM, Stan said:

Cauley Woodrow has gone on loan to Bristol City I saw the other day. Thought he was rated at Fulham. 

Quality wise he's still a bottom half Championship player but Fulham fans say they don't want to sell in case he lives up to potential.

On 17/08/2017 at 9:26 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've signed Omar Bogle from Wigan, reportedly for £1m. I have absolutely no idea what he's like but I hope this isn't a sign that we could be looking to sell Zohore (Hull have recently had a bid rejected and Brighton have supposedly scouted him as well).

Wasn't he the lad that made a big impact at Grimsby? Wonder why Wigan are keen to sell after half a season.

18 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Wasn't he the lad that made a big impact at Grimsby? Wonder why Wigan are keen to sell after half a season.

He was and read that the reason he was sold was because he didn't fit into the manager's style of play. 

After seeing him yesterday, though it was his first game and the team in general weren't great, I didn't see much in him.

Today we signed this chap.

Jay-Roy Grot.

jay-roy-grot-emmen-nec-18052017_1m9crn92a883q17bkmp74p4pwv.jpg.63c60097ba4c58b4fcb122f6118dc64f.jpg

He is 19 (apparently) , played for Holland U17's and 19's and looks more like Anthony Joshua's next opponent than a striker. Absolute beast.

Not a clue on him other than he is supposedly highly rated. Fiorentina tried to sign him in the summer but couldn't agree on the fee. We've signed him for an initial 750k plus add ons.

Here's hoping Grot Bags...

What's happened to Pilkington and Noone in the last year? Both used to look like top end Championship players.

Id still take a bullet for O'Keefe. Never was brilliant but never had a bad game. That opposition ranged from Doncaster and Barnsley to United and Chelsea. Always was a solid 7/10.

Seems we are close to selling Harlee Dean to Birmingham for £2.2m plus future add ons. Not the worst deal for a centre back in his last year of his contract, I'm just hoping we can bring someone in before the window closes.

Hanley deal completed, he joins Norwich for £3.5m

Colback is going not necessarily because he is deadwood but because Saivet won't go. We needed to get £30k off the wage bill and knew Colback would be able to find a suitor, not only because Championship clubs can afford to but because Colback is the kind of bloke who will want to play, not just pick up a cheque like Saivet.

If Gayle goes it will be because we have tried all summer to shift Mitrovic and have failed. Rafa wants funds and wage space to improve the team. Selling Gayle would be a big risk.

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Hanley deal completed, he joins Norwich for £3.5m

Colback is going not necessarily because he is deadwood but because Saivet won't go. We needed to get £30k off the wage bill and knew Colback would be able to find a suitor, not only because Championship clubs can afford to but because Colback is the kind of bloke who will want to play, not just pick up a cheque like Saivet.

If Gayle goes it will be because we have tried all summer to shift Mitrovic and have failed. Rafa wants funds and wage space to improve the team. Selling Gayle would be a big risk.

Hanley is a good signing for Norwich. It just hasn't worked out for him at Newcastle but at Championship level he is a very good defender, its a real shame his career stalled since leaving us but he now has the chance to get it back on track. He can be hot headed and make silly mistakes, but he is an old fashioned centre back who gives his all. I think we are entitled to some of the money too as we had a decent sell on clause.

We are in talks to sign Motherwell defender Ben Hereghan, but face competition from Championship clubs. Mulgrew and Lenihan have been linked with moves away and one may go tomorrow but even if they don't both are injury prone along with Ward so another defender would be welcomed! I  know nothing about him, but the Motherwell fans have said good things.

17 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

Hanley is a good signing for Norwich. It just hasn't worked out for him at Newcastle but at Championship level he is a very good defender, its a real shame his career stalled since leaving us but he now has the chance to get it back on track. He can be hot headed and make silly mistakes, but he is an old fashioned centre back who gives his all. I think we are entitled to some of the money too as we had a decent sell on clause.

Never got a chance here. Even when he did play he was out the team the next week. Rafa never fancied him.

Even though he looks like a rugby player and moves like a bus he should be a solid signing for Norwich, especially as they have been leaking so many goals.

• The title was changed to EFL Transfers & Rumours
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived