• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Different Adam Rooney from the Aberdeen striker. He seemed confused about it himself when he was asked about it.

It potentially could have been an unknown, but I was more aiming at just a ridiculous suggestion as whoever put it about was saying it was your player. Transfers are one thing but having an established striker on a long contract on trial was the funny bit

• 2 weeks later...

He can't get a game for Bolton, hasn't started for them since November. 

We should have tried to develop him ourselves last season in the Championship, 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there, a starting place every now and then. Maybe loaning a young inconsistent attacking player like him to teams on the back foot isn't the correct fit, either that or he just isn't good enough.

On 07/01/2018 at 0:24 PM, Stan said:

@JOSHBRFC @Kitchen Sales @Any O'Brien 

Newcastle fans - will he ever become anything better than a Football League striker? 

Blackburn fans - thoughts? Should help promotion push? 

He has signed on loan today for the rest of the season. Most fans seem to be thrilled with the signing however I'm mindful that apart from his loan spell at Coventry his goal return is very poor albeit he has been used out wide a lot. He is clearly a talented player but in order to improve his game and gain some consistency he needs regular games, but I am not sure how many games he will get for us from the start as a striker with competition from Graham and Samuel. We tend to play with one upfront with Dack playing off that player and Conway/Antonsson/Bennett/Chapman out wide supporting them and right now I don't think he would get in ahead of them. Hopefully he impresses in training and off the bench, and gets some goals for us. Mowbray knows him from his time at Coventry and he must have given Newcastle assurances he will play otherwise I doubt they would have loaned him to us!

We have also signed Downing on a permanent deal from MK Dons. He has been fantastic for us this season and he is still unbeaten in 17-18 games for us. Expectations were low when we signed him but he really deserves this contract as him and Mulgrew have been solid together. Lenihan his back fit soon too so he will have to stay at the top of his game in order to keep playing.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Ulloa gets a new contract and now LCFC is desperately trying to get Aston Villa to take him(not just as a loan but they are desperately trying to make it a permanent move)

funny how you don't call him a snake? said he wouldn't play for the club any more in January and then Ranieri goes and he gets a new contract. Somehow. I've wanted him gone for a while as he doesn't offer us anything any more that another striker could. 

Would happily drive him to any destination.

On 07/01/2018 at 0:52 PM, Kitchen Sales said:

He can't get a game for Bolton, hasn't started for them since November. 

We should have tried to develop him ourselves last season in the Championship, 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there, a starting place every now and then. Maybe loaning a young inconsistent attacking player like him to teams on the back foot isn't the correct fit, either that or he just isn't good enough.

Couple of reasons for that.

1. Parkinson's refusal to play two up top means Armstrong was never going to start in his preferred position as that is Madine's, and Madine's only.

2. When he has played out wide, he has been poor. Fair enough, it isn't his preferred position, but he contributed very little within the system we have. 

3. The rumours rattling around are that we were required to contribute more of Armstrong's weekly wage if we didn't play him for a particular fixture so NUFC would get more value out of the loan. With us in an uncertain financial situation, we couldn't afford to drop him when he was found to be utterly ineffective. Then, as the season was looking hopeless, decisions have been made to drop him/limit him to sub appearances and take the monetary hit, so natural wingers can actually play, and surprise, we've had a few good results with Armstrong away. Just speculation but I've heard far more stupid things in the past.

I'm sure the lad is capable, but he just hasn't done anything of note here. Best of luck to him like, but I'm not sure he'll ever be more than championship level. 

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jake Clarke-Salter has joined Sunderland on loan. Quite impressed he's managed to get himself to a club with big crowds and a reputation. Hopefully it will be the making of him. @Cicero @True Blue @Bluewolf @The Liquidator

Good for him, He can be quite composed on the ball and this will be a good opportunity for him to try and carve something out for himself, Been with us for ages  and done very well in the youth set up. A good little step up for him and at least it gets him some decent game time. Going to be tough though at Sunderland with them struggling but he will be happy to be turning out and getting on the pitch  

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ryan Kent to Bristol City on loan. I was impressed with him at Barnsley. This should definitely be a step in the right direction given his attributes and the way Bristol are playing at the moment @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Mel81x

I think more playing time will make him better. He was good at Barnsley as you say but I think when a manager looks at him (or his stats) they're going to see room for improvement and hes going to need more playing time which Bristol will give him. That's really the most important thing for young players in the end, getting playing time and solidifying where they can play. At Freiburg on loan he didn't even get too many appearances. Hoping for the best.

Seems like we could be doing a couple of deals (incomings) over the next few days. One of the rumours is Amari Bell of Fleetwood who is in the last year of his contract and doesn't want to stay. From what I've seen and heard of him he looks a good player and he will provide competition from Williams at LB. We also probably need another winger to cover injuries.

Apparently, to ward off Cardiff City and Sunderland, we've put a £6m price tag on Gary Madine xD

Now this might be a ridiculous sum to everyone outside of this football club, but he is a fundamental part of how Parkinson plays. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but without Madine, we will be relegated by March.

Cardiff had a £1m offer rejected in the week, and rightly so - the survival of this football club in the second tier is worth far more than a couple of new Bentleys for Ken Anderson and his 'super agent' son.

10 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Apparently, to ward off Cardiff City and Sunderland, we've put a £6m price tag on Gary Madine xD

Now this might be a ridiculous sum to everyone outside of this football club, but he is a fundamental part of how Parkinson plays. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but without Madine, we will be relegated by March.

Cardiff had a £1m offer rejected in the week, and rightly so - the survival of this football club in the second tier is worth far more than a couple of new Bentleys for Ken Anderson and his 'super agent' son.

He's worth whatever he is to you. People laughed at how much we sold Yannick Bolasie for, but at that time he was worth that much to us as a player.

We've been linked with Huddersfield's Jack Payne after he returned to them from Oxford after a very impressive loan spell. He is a similar player to Dack/Chapman, and with Chapman still out for a few months he would be the perfect loan signing to add to our midfield/attack. Oxford fans were gutted his loan was cancelled and it seems it was cancelled due to Huddersfield wanting to loan him out to another club.

On 13/01/2018 at 08:38, Bluewolf said:

Good for him, He can be quite composed on the ball and this will be a good opportunity for him to try and carve something out for himself, Been with us for ages  and done very well in the youth set up. A good little step up for him and at least it gets him some decent game time. Going to be tough though at Sunderland with them struggling but he will be happy to be turning out and getting on the pitch  

Well he had a debut he will never forget xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived