football forum

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

We still have Woolworth in Germany. 😎

It's shite though. xD

I think the German Woolworth became independent from the rest of the Woolworth brand right around the time things got shit for Woolworth and they all closed, so they still exist. I think they still exist in some other countries, but not in the UK anymore at all.

I dunno if it's true but I remember my grandad saying that Woolworth invented Christmas ornaments. So while they're gone, they definitely made Christmas look more festive... so they'll always have that (unless it's not true, in which case... wtf why did my grandad lie to me).

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno if it's true but I remember my grandad saying that Woolworth invented Christmas ornaments. So while they're gone, they definitely made Christmas look more festive... so they'll always have that (unless it's not true, in which case... wtf why did my grandad lie to me).download.png

cec15aec-cde4-4cff-8409-90b350e52174.png

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the German Woolworth became independent from the rest of the Woolworth brand right around the time things got shit for Woolworth and they all closed, so they still exist. I think they still exist in some other countries, but not in the UK anymore at all.

I dunno if it's true but I remember my grandad saying that Woolworth invented Christmas ornaments. So while they're gone, they definitely made Christmas look more festive... so they'll always have that (unless it's not true, in which case... wtf why did my grandad lie to me).

Well at least the tree is a German tradition that predates Woolworth. Same ie true for the tree ornaments.

• Sad 1

On 26/07/2022 at 16:49, Bluewolf said:

image.thumb.png.de7d493ac3413030d7b8213ff4a4be90.png

I remember getting right fucked on this once.  Banged my head and scraped my arms and shoulder getting drug along the ground.  Then crawled away into the weeds to have a good cry.  It's not a toy, it's a death machine.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Coma said:

I remember getting right fucked on this once.  Banged my head and scraped my arms and shoulder getting drug along the ground.  Then crawled away into the weeds to have a good cry.  It's not a toy, it's a death machine.

About 5 of us would stand on it holding the bars while 2 people spun it as fast as they could until someone came flying off.. and it was always on to concrete as well not that soft play mat stuff they have these days.. damage to some part of the body was par for the course in a kids playground when we were kids.. Like the See Saw, each of you trying to flip the other one out of their seat when they hit the top.. xD

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

About 5 of us would stand on it holding the bars while 2 people spun it as fast as they could until someone came flying off.. and it was always on to concrete as well not that soft play mat stuff they have these days.. damage to some part of the body was par for the course in a kids playground when we were kids.. Like the See Saw, each of you trying to flip the other one out of their seat when they hit the top.. xD

clubber-lang-pain.jpg

• 2 weeks later...