talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

In the good old days....

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why though? That's how you get left behind. I hope I'll never be one of those older people who are unwilling to change and learn about new stuff. 

You post on here instead of using Snapchat and TikTok. You've already become the thing you swore to destroy (as it were). :ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Why though? That's how you get left behind. I hope I'll never be one of those older people who are unwilling to change and learn about new stuff. 

With music I have gone backwards in time and listen to vinyl now xD

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sad day when they...

video-rental-store-blockbuster-closing-down-signs-in-the-window-of-DHCNJN.jpg

react_sad.png

I remember going and having to rent out some load of old rubbish because they didn't have the film you wanted.. xD Also back in the day my missus kept asking me to rent 'Ghost' and when I had a look at the back it looked like a right sloppy waste of time so I would go home with something else for weeks and pretend they didn't have it.. One Friday night she decided to come with me and it was there and I thought no ducking out of this one and to my surprise it was a pretty decent film.. B|

The moral of the story is read what the film 'is actually about' rather than looking just looking at the pictures and making a call on that... :ph34r:

image.png.088d5c449aff915cfd252f7d703b389d.png

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Also back in the day my missus kept asking me to rent 'Ghost'

I love that film and I must admit the end bit bought a tear to my eye when she finally saw him and started to cry, there was me coughing away hiding my face from the wife who had tears in her eyes and nearly crying. xD

On 13/05/2022 at 19:56, Bluewolf said:

image.thumb.png.26d7c6a83b791de29b9f51161da2518c.png

Not had that experience with Windows, but do remember the days of having to continuously swap disks to play Amiga games. That was a sodding nightmare.

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Life is simple

That was also good. Used to go with my mum to a local video shop and rent the odd film or so. Was good times indeed.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...