talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I can make one for you. In all honesty, they wear too much make up to really be able to ascertain how fit they are. I definitely love that scissor action they do with their legs. :ph34r: 

Anyway... Wasn’t watching the diving that day and instead how Busquets bossed everyone and everything surrounding him. 

You are very easy to fish. You really are no fun allowed when it comes to Barcelona. Could joke with you all day about Arsenal, but the other team is off-limits. :ph34r:

Edited by Spike
  • Haha 1

efe45d92c7b56b1adad5b78e65f8094c.jpg

Arthur Day in Barcelona

It's been quite a long telenovela without reaching the epic scopes of Coutinho from Liverpool to Barça, but long enough with winding roads.  The move is almost complete with both the player's agent Jorge Machado and the director general of Gremio Carlos Amodeo with the Gremio lawyer, Gabriel Vieira all in the city of Barcelona to finalise the deal.  Barcelona based sports daily, Mundo Deportivo managed to get a few words from Carlos Amodeo when he was on his way to Barça headquarters where he comfirmed a few things with what should become Gremio's biggest sale in the club's history of nothing goes wrong.

"We're waiting to find out exactly what time it will be for, but we're meeting both Pep Segura and Óscar Grau."

"The negotiations with Barcelona have been smooth especially with Robert Fernández in Brazil.  Although there's still a couple of things to go through before the deal can be done, we think it should be sorted out very soon."

When asked what sort of player Arthur is like and what the Barcelona fans can expect, Carlos Amodeo said;

"Arthur is still young but for us in Brazil we see him as a player with similar attributes to Spain and Barcelona's Andrés Iniesta.  Obviously Iniesta is unique, but that's the best way to describe Arthur."

The journalist then asked when would Arthur arrive if and when the deal is completed;

" As things stand it will be for Europe's January window 2019 and not the summer.  Barcelona wanted to put Arthur out on loan straight away in Europe, but we want and need him at Gremio for now.  The negotiations are going well and everyone will just have to wait for official news from both Gremio and FC Barcelona as to all the fine details and the official signing."

Barcelona are only 4 games away from equalling Real Sociedad's all time unbeaten record, which was 38 league games. Both of which have obviously carried on over from the previous season as no team has ever gone undefeated in La Liga before.

Messi and Iniesta are also looking at their 9th Liga title this season.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

27 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Barcelona are only 4 games away from equalling Real Sociedad's all time unbeaten record, which was 38 league games. Both of which have obviously carried on over from the previous season as no team has ever gone undefeated in La Liga before.

Messi and Iniesta are also looking at their 9th Liga title this season.

And all that was done by someone very undervalued in the UK called John Toshack.  I think he had another record Mourinho broke on points and goals scored. That Real Sociedad was something special.

37 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

it was from before he was manager there, around the time they won back to back leagues. Early 80s.

Yeah you’re right, he won the Copa del Rey and got runners up in La Liga before he went to Real Madrid. 

He had the record for goals scored by Real Madrid and I think points?

Remember that I don’t use Google with what I ever say and take it from the top of my head! xD:$

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah you’re right, he won the Copa del Rey and got runners up in La Liga before he went to Real Madrid. 

He had the record for goals scored by Real Madrid and I think points?

Remember that I don’t use Google with what I ever say and take it from the top of my head! xD:$

It probably was him who held the most goals, I'm not sure about that one mate just about the most points bit, which was in an article on Marca.

9 hours ago, VanPaddy said:

Barca won the Catalan cup agaisnt Espanyol today, Cilessen the hero saving a penalty. It is his first ever penalty save ever.

Jasper Cillessen is a fantastic keeper and he's been proving it time and time again with the chances he gets at Barça which have been quite a few.  He has always risen to the occasion and makes some crazy saves.  The only thing negative about him is that he sometimes switches off, but that hasn't happened hardly ever since he arrived at Barcelona and it's more of a feature of what had happened to him previous to arriving.

He deserves to be a first team keeper at a top club somewhere else but every time he's asked he says he's happy there and loves it.

On 3/8/2018 at 08:56, SirBalon said:

Jasper Cillessen is a fantastic keeper and he's been proving it time and time again with the chances he gets at Barça which have been quite a few.  He has always risen to the occasion and makes some crazy saves.  The only thing negative about him is that he sometimes switches off, but that hasn't happened hardly ever since he arrived at Barcelona and it's more of a feature of what had happened to him previous to arriving.

He deserves to be a first team keeper at a top club somewhere else but every time he's asked he says he's happy there and loves it.

Cillessen gets a lot of stick in Holland as they think he should go to a club to be first team keeper, but he seems very happy to just sit on the bench at Barcelona.  Zoet the PSV keeper apparently turned down Man City because he didn't want to sit on the bench and made a joke about Cillessen regarding his position. 

I do think he is a good keeper and seems very calm all the time, maybe he thinks Ten Stegen will slip up one day, who could of also played for Holland, due to his family being Dutch and also Ten Stegens wife is Dutch as well Daniela Jehle, so he is just pretending to be German :( 

Edited by VanPaddy

Let's hope himself and Yerry Mina have big futures at the club and actually get chances and runs in the team unlike others in recent times such as Denis Suarez.

This, for me should also mean the end of Andre Gomes.

As for right now, it'd be good to see an experimentation of this line-up at some point this season:- Ter Stegen, Semedo, Umtiti, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Roberto, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez, Dembele.

10 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Let's hope himself and Yerry Mina have big futures at the club and actually get chances and runs in the team unlike others in recent times such as Denis Suarez.

This, for me should also mean the end of Andre Gomes.

As for right now, it'd be good to see an experimentation of this line-up at some point this season:- Ter Stegen, Semedo, Umtiti, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Roberto, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez, Dembele.

I've been hearing today that when Arthur comes Barcelona may have to let Mina go or put him on loan for anything from 2 to 3 years due to the places available from outside Europe mate.

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

The news here is that he's coming in July. Barça is buying a very good player. I expect big things from Arthur. He' the controller Barcelona and Brazil both have needed for some time now.

He is a brilliant player and considering how much Barcelona have spent in recent times, I was surprised they went hell for leather to sign Arthur.  Not only that because there were other giant European clubs seriously in for him but he was intent on coming to Barça which will surely endear the fans to him due to this.

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We'll take Alena off your hands 

Barça are going to find it hard to hold onto him and I don't blame him if he forces a move because he's class.