talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't understand how Kyle Walker isn't an option for you. Spurs would much rather sell to you than City, and Walker is the ideal candidate for the way Barca play. 

Because Spurs are a RM feeder.

True, he would be ideal. The price Spurs supposedly want for him is also around the same we'd have to pay for Bellerin and Semedo too, so I don't get why he isn't on our radar. It could be that we want someone younger who'd be here for longer, and both Bellerin and Semedo have the potential to be better than Walker is now when they're 27 years old. So it could be investing for both now and the future, that's my guess. 

The reason why Barça are hesitant to go all in for Héctor Bellerín is because of the price it would take to bring him in.  Don't believe the paper talk which changes from day to day depending on who's the next real transfer prospect.  There's a lot of bias in the regional sports papers in Spain where all of these things are concerned.

Aleix Vidal is still there and before he got unfortunately injured last season, he had gone on a fantastic run, a run which was the reason Luis Enrique wanted him so much.  There's no doubt another right-back is needed and there's the conundrum.  Kyle Walker being English and playing in the Premier League will be overvalued for what he is and that's probably why they're not going in for him.

The price being banded about by journalists in the know about Arsenal were saying that Arsenal wouldn't listen to anything under £55m for Bellerín which is a total no no for a defender especially one that came out of La Masia.  Barcelona would be mental to pay that amount in these circumstances which makes the Semedo signing a much better one.

The latest I'm hearing is that finally, FC Barcelona have signed a Right Back. An agreement for Nelson Semedo was reached with Benfica and the signing will officially be announced at midnight, so that's in about four more hours. Sport claim the fee is between 30 to 35 million, but like Machado said, when the official announcement comes I'm expecting there to be some weird clause(es) included xD

EDIT: There we go, official confirmation.

tr.thumb.PNG.23283d0a335b79b69806fe865ebbcf97.PNG

Edited by Messiesta

1500016643034.jpg

Nélson Semedo arrived in Barcelona for his medical this morning.  If all goes well Semedo could be presented this evening or tomorrow morning.

Semedo ya está en Barcelona

I saw a bit of Semedo last season when I watched Benfica and I know he is good.  My only question is, is he good enough for Barça and is he better than Aleix Vidal. @Machado ?

Edited by SirBalon

I think he's got everything it takes but at Benfica it's very easy to shine and look like a superior class player these days. Any player will look good playing for us, specially domestically.

(Look at what happened to our defence this summer... it's almost all gone. Only Grimaldo left and being a La Masia product he won't stay for long here.)

This is relevant because by watching him during last season, I wouldn't hold back in saying that he's one of the top 5 right backs in Europe, but after watching him play for the NT, I'm not sure he can perform at his best level for any side. He looked nervous and out of his depth in the confed cup and even before that, unlike for Benfica where he looked 10x the player.

But like I said, he's got everything: pace, dribble, passing ability and defensive awareness. It would be great to see him do well.

I know anyone can look world class on youtube but this is a good sample of what he can do

Edited by Machado
  • Upvote 1

While SL Benfica are saying the deal isn't fully closed as of yet, Semedo has passed his medical and has also voluntarily renounced his holidays and asked to join the team on their pre season tour.  A good start that will go down well with the club and the fans.  The typical thing Messi always does by coming back very early. 

• Upvote 1

1500057261536.jpg

Semedo: "I will give everything I have for Barça!"

Players say many things on their presentation day at whatever club they sign for but this is the first time where before any questions have been asked that the statement is such a resounding one.  Yesterday evening Nélson Semedo was presented as a new FC Barcelona player where he completed his transfer from SL Benfica to FC Barcelona.

The price is an initial €30m to be paid in one lump sum but there is a clause that's rather incredible which is that every 50 official games Nélson Semedo plays for Barça in his initial contract which lasts till 2022 the club will have to pay an extra €5m.

Semedo has renounced on his holiday period and will now fly straight to Japan where the team are starting their pre-season tour.  Messi and Suárez have also cut their holiday (in Messi's case his honeymoon) by two weeks to start preparations early for next season with the team.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yerry Mina is the next player Barcelona want. Great defender, but I wonder how he'll cope with such a big jump from Palmeiras.

I don't know too much about him.  He's been spoken about (written about to be exact) a lot in the Barcelona based press for some months now.  I was wondering how good he is!  Maybe @El_Loco can help here too.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I don't know too much about him.  He's been spoken about (written about to be exact) a lot in the Barcelona based press for some months now.  I was wondering how good he is!  Maybe @El_Loco can help here too.

Well its a gamble. I firmly believe that unless you are world class like Neymar, you shouldn't be going from South America to Barcelona immediately. Yerry Mina is very good but it would be better to go to another club in a top European league first.

Yerry Mina is great at scoring goals I must say.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Well its a gamble. I firmly believe that unless you are world class like Neymar, you shouldn't be going from South America to Barcelona immediately. Yerry Mina is very good but it would be better to go to another club in a top European league first.

Yerry Mina is great at scoring goals I must say.

Barça have another young Brazilian called Marlon (defender) who has shown amazing maturity and knowhow in the few opportunities he's had.  They're talking great things about him.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Barça have another young Brazilian called Marlon (defender) who has shown amazing maturity and knowhow in the few opportunities he's had.  They're talking great things about him.

Mina is Colombian though.

Just a correction because you said "another". I'm talking about players over 20 though in my point.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Mina is Colombian though.

Just a correction because you said "another". I'm talking about players over 20 though in my point.

Sorry...  I meant to say "another South American" because of what you said about the jump from South América to Barcelona.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Sorry...  I meant to say "another South American" because of what you said about the jump from South América to Barcelona.

Fair enough. As I stated in my previous post, I meant over 20 years of age and established in a professional team. Youth level is different. Maybe I should have also said that.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Fair enough. As I stated in my previous post, I meant over 20 years of age and established in a professional team. Youth level is different. Maybe I should have also said that.

I don't think there's any problem in Latin American youth players coming over.  The thing is that obviously they have to prove themselves but then again that's the same story for players bred at home.  There's no discrimination in that sense and I know that Latin American football is very very different from the European stuff.  It took Neymar quite a bit of time to get used to it!

Look at what Messi said two years ago during the Copa América (Chile's first win) where both he and Mascherano commented on what was permitted in South America and the difference to what was permitted in Europe.  Both players were practically brought up in Europe.

I was thinking if it were possible to loan out Yerry Mina for a year if we do buy him. We already have Pique and Umtiti as starters, and with Mascherano set to stay that's him and Marlon as backup ( assuming Vermaelen leaves, if not then that's five ). So if we buy Mina then I'm thinking we can loan him out for a year and then when Mascherano leaves next summer, he can take over that 3rd choice spot. 

I don't want him to stay in South America on loan though, it should be in Europe so as to acclimatize him so he'd gain European experience before actually playing for Barcelona.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mina is a very good defender. Word here is that he will move to Barcelona after the World Cup. 

He is a tall, solid young player who will benefit the minutes and experience he will get with Palmeiras untill his move to Europe. One area he could improve is his passing, since he will play in a club like Barcelona, that demands it, but I´m optimistic about Mina translating his game well in Europe. He´d be a good signing.

• Upvote 1

What do you all make of reports that Neymar has agreed to join PSG?

For me I struggle to think of why it makes sense. Leaving Barcelona to go to PSG will not increase his chances of winning the Ballon D'Or, as I assume this is partially about that. And if he values team success then why take that backward step from Barcelona to PSG? 

I just can't see why he would want to make this move.