talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Florentino said this;

"It was an absurd reaction from the RFEF full of pride and a case of a superiority authoritarian complex which resulted in a misunderstanding"

Really?

You were asked by EVERYONE including past legends from your club not to make it public and yet YOU DID!  You are to blame for the "Worst moment in my life since the death of my mother" comment Julen Lopetegui made in tears!  YOU FLORENTINO PÉREZ, not the RFEF.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So Florentino said this;

"It was an absurd reaction from the RFEF full of pride and a case of a superiority authoritarian complex which resulted in a misunderstanding"

Really?

You were asked by EVERYONE including past legends from your club not to make it public and yet YOU DID!  You are to blame for the "Worst moment in my life since the death of my mother" comment Julen Lopetegui made in tears!  YOU FLORENTINO PÉREZ, not the RFEF.

Lopetegui should reject the madrid move now if this really made him so emotional which he compared it with his mother's death

i've read this --- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/spain-sack-julen-lopetegui-luis-rubiales-real-madrid-world-cup

all i see is a man who's butt-hurt and immature this president Rubiales.

he's talking about ethics .. ethics here ethics there, but all i see in him is a man's pride getting hurt and made a drastic decision.     he's not concern about Spain at all, but only himself.

that's why i asked @SirBalon if Rubiales can stop Julen from joining Madrid and i got an answer of NO, coz there's no slavery in Spain.   Julen can do whatever he wants WITHIN THE LAW.   It's now clear that Madrid has appointed Julen lawfully.     The only "problem" is Julen not informing Rubiales first hand.

6 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i've read this --- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/spain-sack-julen-lopetegui-luis-rubiales-real-madrid-world-cup

all i see is a man who's butt-hurt and immature this president Rubiales.

he's talking about ethics .. ethics here ethics there, but all i see in him is a man's pride getting hurt and made a drastic decision.     he's not concern about Spain at all, but only himself.

that's why i asked @SirBalon if Rubiales can stop Julen from joining Madrid and i got an answer of NO, coz there's no slavery in Spain.   Julen can do whatever he wants WITHIN THE LAW.   It's now clear that Madrid has appointed Julen lawfully.     The only "problem" is Julen not informing Rubiales first hand.

No club in the history of Spanish football has headhunted a coach while on duty for the Spain national side.  None until Real Madrid.  Without informing the RFEF (the authority in Spanish football and in charge of the national side) and going against EVERYONE in the national game when it came to light not to make it public.

What do you find so difficult to understand that nobody wanted Lopetegui in charge anymore, nobody except for Sergio Ramos.  He was sacked for being a traitor and treachery all round by both the now ex coach and the all Great and almighty "Defensor de la Patria" Real Madrid.

Nobody, but nobody serious in Spanish football including those that sympathise with Real Madrid have said it was wrong.

8 hours ago, ASF said:

How can people not see any wrong doing, from both Lopetegui and Real Madrid, is beyond me.

Highly unprofessional from Lopetegui, who could have said to Real to wait until the end of the Spanish participation in Russia.

I remember it happened the same to us, in 2008. We had just beat the Czech Republic and qualified to the quarters of the Euro. Then, all of a sudden, Chelsea announces that Scolari will be their next manager. And they finish the announcement with this stupid, mocking remark: 'We don't want to disturb the Portuguese NT, so we won't make any further comments until the end of the Euro.' Well, cheers Chelsea, because after this announcement, we went on to lose against the Swiss and then against the Germans.

It's also possible that Germany and Switzerland were just better on the night... it's not like it's anything shocking that national team managers may depart after an international tournament.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's also possible that Germany and Switzerland were just better on the night... it's not like it's anything shocking that national team managers may depart after an international tournament.

That could be a possibility but it doesn't make it the underlying truth.  It could be that the process was undermined which in something as sensitive as this is much more likely.  The amount of work (psychological work mainly) that goes into preparing for international tournaments can be thrown off sync by the smallest of details and something like THIS is no small matter.

We have to take off our club hats when referring to international tournament football. We've all just become too accustomed to mega changes at clubs with players and coaches twice a season these days.

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No club in the history of Spanish football has headhunted a coach while on duty for the Spain national side.  None until Real Madrid.  Without informing the RFEF (the authority in Spanish football and in charge of the national side) and going against EVERYONE in the national game when it came to light not to make it public.

What do you find so difficult to understand that nobody wanted Lopetegui in charge anymore, nobody except for Sergio Ramos.  He was sacked for being a traitor and treachery all round by both the now ex coach and the all Great and almighty "Defensor de la Patria" Real Madrid.

Nobody, but nobody serious in Spanish football including those that sympathise with Real Madrid have said it was wrong.

i've already moved on from his sacking.       but what i can't accept is people calling him a traitor ..................... oh well, it'll be redundant discussion.

but i just have one lingering question though ---   if spain fails to win the World Cup -- who would the Spanish people blame ???   Rubiales for his drastic decision ??  Julen for the clandestine acceptance to coach madrid ??   Perez for being Perez ???   the players for being a dick and not performing well ???   Hierro for his lack of managerial experience ???

4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i've already moved on from his sacking.       but what i can't accept is people calling him a traitor ..................... oh well, it'll be redundant discussion.

but i just have one lingering question though ---   if spain fails to win the World Cup -- who would the Spanish people blame ???   Rubiales for his drastic decision ??  Julen for the clandestine acceptance to coach madrid ??   Perez for being Perez ???   the players for being a dick and not performing well ???   Hierro for his lack of managerial experience ???

Idiots will probably blame Real Madrid and Lopetegui and only dead beats will blame Rubiales, people with an agenda.  Like I said a couple of times on here... Lucky this wasn't Barça that did it.

If Spain fail, it'll be the players fault and who's to say Spain were gonna win it anyhow.  There are two or three sides that genuinely have a chance to do it, not one.

The team are prepared and Hierro will just guide the team to as much success as is possible.  Who knows... At the end of this Real might sack Lopetegui (the poor man) and sign one of their all time legends in Fernando Hierro. ;)

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Of course it isn't. But it's common sense to announce it after a team ended the tournament.

A manager completely focused on his NT job doesn't go around signing for other NT's/clubs, in the middle of his mission. It gives the total impression that his head is already somewhere else. 

Someone who wants to be at a place will stay put, until his job is over. 

If anything this does him a favour, because if Spain had a shit world cup he'd be under immediate pressure. At Real Madrid, where managers are already under immediate pressure. Immediate pressureception.

I hope Hierro does well though, I've always liked him.

Diego Maradona speaking about the Lopetegui/Real Madrid/RFEF saga in an interview last night;

"When the news was released by Real Madrid I was in shock but I thought as most people did that obviously all three parties (Lopetegui, Real Madrid and most importantly the RFEF) must've come to an agreement in the background.  But then almost immediately a few hours later the ugly truth was being filtered out. I've played in World Cups and in the Copa América for my country and I know what that means.  How can you negotiate like a snake behind the backs of your country while you are supposed to be giving 100%.  If a player were to do this he would be expelled from the concentration and the same should happen here which is why Lopetegui being fired is the minimum that could've happened.  But overall the biggest traitor is the club that touched a coach that was representing and on active duty for their country, this wasn't a foreign club that did it."

Archived