talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

15 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

questions for verification ---

1 - is this illegal ??    did julen break something in his contract that he is liable for punishment in court ??

2 -  can the RFEF stop Julen from going to Madrid ??

He has a contract and just signed an extension on that contract two weeks ago. He can leave when he wants because slavery doesn’t exist in Spain. But in the contract it stipulates that there has to be a negotiation to terminate it prematurely. Julen Lopetegui isn’t the main guilty party here... That’s Real Madrid for all the reasons I’ve written previously (I’m not going to repeat them again)... They’re the ones getting the main brunt of the criticisms in Spain and both Rubiales and Hierro have severely criticised them. 

I know for sure that the way Real Madrid have acted has really hurt Fernando Hierro who called it traitorous. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He has a contract and just signed an extension on that contract two weeks ago. He can leave when he wants because slavery doesn’t exist in Spain. But in the contract it stipulates that there has to be a negotiation to terminate it prematurely. Julen Lopetegui isn’t the main guilty party here... That’s Real Madrid for all the reasons I’ve written previously (I’m not going to repeat them again)... They’re the ones getting the main brunt of the criticisms in Spain and both Rubiales and Hierro have severely criticised them. 

I know for sure that the way Real Madrid have acted has really hurt Fernando Hierro who called it traitorous. 

His agent, on the other hand, certainly should hold a lot the guilty here. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

His agent, on the other hand, certainly should hold a lot the guilty here. 

That agent has worked in this manner all his professional career mate. The main guilty party for everything they’ve always portrayed themselves as are Real Madrid. Then there’s other wrongs by Lopetegui and others, but that club... Hmmm... I’ll leave it at that. 

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

i see.     so,   the appointment of Julen is 100% legitimate.     

the way i see things, every one involved in this issue is guilty one way or the other.

1st -  Julen, for accepting the contract prior to the world cup

2nd - Madrid for not talking or asking permission to the RFEF

3rd - president of RFEF for over reacting.

but i'm sorry if i can't agree that Julen is branded as a traitor.     coz for me, a traitor is someone who has committed treason or in sports, if someone has leaked out all the gameplay to the opposing teams or he has went on to manage another country who is also in the world cup.

the biggest loser of this all is the Spanish National Team.    the winners are - Real Madrid now has a coach.  Julen has a lucrative contract ( speculating )

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i see.     so,   the appointment of Julen is 100% legitimate.     

the way i see things, every one involved in this issue is guilty one way or the other.

1st -  Julen, for accepting the contract prior to the world cup

2nd - Madrid for not talking or asking permission to the RFEF

3rd - president of RFEF for over reacting.

but i'm sorry if i can't agree that Julen is branded as a traitor.     coz for me, a traitor is someone who has committed treason or in sports, if someone has leaked out all the gameplay to the opposing teams or he has went on to manage another country who is also in the world cup.

Wouldn't that make Carlos Queiroz a traitor? I feel like that's a bit harsh on him, as he's likely never going to be at a top club again and he'll never manage Portugal again (unless he does something ridiculous with this Iran side, maybe). But he's the longest serving Iran manager and at this stage in his career (and his other high profile failures) being a journeyman international manager for nations that need to improve their international profile might be the best he can do.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wouldn't that make Carlos Queiroz a traitor? I feel like that's a bit harsh on him, as he's likely never going to be at a top club again and he'll never manage Portugal again (unless he does something ridiculous with this Iran side, maybe). But he's the longest serving Iran manager and at this stage in his career (and his other high profile failures) being a journeyman international manager for nations that need to improve their international profile might be the best he can do.

no.  that's not what i mean.   Carlos was a different case.    He did not transfer from Portugal to Iran while there was a competition going on.   There was a lay off of 5 or 6 months before Iran took him.

what i mean was,  if right now, Julen went to Japan or Crotia.  that would be an act of a traitor.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That agent has worked in this manner all his professional career mate. The main guilty party for everything they’ve always portrayed themselves as are Real Madrid. Then there’s other wrongs by Lopetegui and others, but that club... Hmmm... I’ll leave it at that. 

Conflating madridismo and españolismo was always more of a narrative and a piece of PR than the truth, right? Especially in the light of the events last year in Cataluña, to many people it creates a narrative where Madrid is the team of law and order, spanish unity and Barcelona the romantic, idealistic, separatist team. 

From afar, that´s the impression I have: both clubs exploit this in a manicheistic way to gain sympathy and fans. It´s  a good vs evil story, except not in comic books but in football. xD   

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Conflating madridismo and españolismo was always more of a narrative and a piece of PR than the truth, right? Especially in the light of the events last year in Cataluña, to many people it creates a narrative where Madrid is the team of law and order, spanish unity and Barcelona the romantic, idealistic, separatist team. 

From afar, that´s the impression I have: both clubs exploit this in a manicheistic way to gain sympathy and fans. It´s  a good vs evil story, except not in comic books but in football. xD   

No mate... There’s only actions and everything else is fable. Neither is good or evil. But when one acts in a despicable manner, then colours mean nothing to me. Don’t portray yourself as something and then give the wolves an opportunity to bite your arse.

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No mate... There’s only actions and everything else is fable. Neither is good or evil. But when one acts in a despicable manner, then colours mean nothing to me. Don’t portray yourself as something and then give the wolves an opportunity to bite your arse.

I blame the coach, very naive. 

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He was a traitorous snake with the people that have stood by him all the way. A scumbag although not as scummy as Real Madrid. 

I get what you're saying mate but i think your dislike of madrid is getting the best of you. 

Ultimately the decision to explain to the players to turn them away from the coach and then to fire the coach will for me go down as the dictionary definition of the phrase "cutting your nose off to spite your face".

Its to me like the parent at his kids sports game that hears a rival parent make a nasty comment and then decides to tackle him and turn it into a punch on.... yes the guy had cause to get upset.  But ultimately for the good of your kids ability to focus on the game, and for the good of not making a scene,  and being professional the better course of action is to turn the other cheek. At least in public. To minimise the impact of the disruption rather than inflate it. 

37 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Cool this is way too much for me to read and catch up with @SirBalon @Cicero please give me your opinion on the matter because reasons.

Real Madrid went behind the RFEF's (Spanish football federation) backs, spoke to the Spain coach asking him if he wanted to be their head coach.  He said yes, the RFEF found out five minutes before Real Madrid made it public... The Spanish football federation begged for them not to do this and to wait until after the World Cup, Real Madrid did it anyway and the coach was sacked.

The players where initially were all backing him and asking the federation to reconsider sacking him then turned against him when they were told of how it had happened.  That's it basically although without many details this doesn't do it justice.

Maybe my dislike of Real Madrid is the cause of how I feel but in truth is the majority of people (in Spain) feel it was well done by the federation in sacking him and showing contempt on how Real Madrid went about it.

Ethics are more important at least to me than the bloody World Cup.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real Madrid went behind the RFEF's (Spanish football federation) backs, spoke to the Spain coach asking him if he wanted to be their head coach.  He said yes, the RFEF found out five minutes before Real Madrid made it public... The Spanish football federation begged for them not to do this and to wait until after the World Cup, Real Madrid did it anyway and the coach was sacked.

The players where initially were all backing him and asking the federation to reconsider sacking him then turned against him when they were told of how it had happened.  That's it basically although without many details this doesn't do it justice.

Maybe my dislike of Real Madrid is the cause of how I feel but in truth is the majority of people (in Spain) feel it was well done by the federation in sacking him and showing contempt on how Real Madrid went about it.

Ethics are more important at least to me than the bloody World Cup.

The behavior of the RFEF WIL have massively shaped public perception though 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

The behavior of the RFEF WIL have massively shaped public perception though 

Which public?

How did the RFEF behave badly and why are you choosing to hilight only the RFEF?

The general consensus in Spain is that the RFEF had no choice ethically. As for legal issues, that’s another matter that the federation are looking into and will persue after the World Cup. 

Regardless if RFEF did the right thing, its not a situation you want to get into. I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain go out early, they don't have an easy group.

20180613-636645123444881051_201806131848

Julen Lopetegui to be presented by Real Madrid today

Julen Lopetegui landed in Madrid in the early hours of this morning (pictured) and without hardly any rest, the man that was in charge of one of the favourites for the World Cup in Russia who was signed by Real, sacked by Spain, travelled back home and will be in the Santiago Bernabéu this evening at 18:00 bst to be officially presented as the successor to Zinedine Zidane in the Madrid hot seat.

Real Madrid are receiving further criticism (if it wasn't already enough) as most people in the public media see this as a very sensitive moment to make a public presentation of an issue that took over almost everything yesterday in a negative manner.  Everyone knows Real Madrid have apppointed Julen Lopetegui as head coach because Madrid themselves made the official announcement and they could wait at least a week so that the World Cup gets underway and doesn't add more unrest to the situation. But ethics aren't common practice at Real Madrid CF these days.

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Which public?

How did the RFEF behave badly and why are you choosing to hilight only the RFEF?

The general consensus in Spain is that the RFEF had no choice ethically. As for legal issues, that’s another matter that the federation are looking into and will persue after the World Cup. 

because they have been the bigger contributor to the generation of this being a front page scandal in every country of the world by effectively burning down the Spanish world cup campaign because they were pissed off at a guy who acted unethically.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Regardless if RFEF did the right thing, its not a situation you want to get into. I wouldn't be surprised to see Spain go out early, they don't have an easy group.

exactly.    they should have waited till the world cup is over ......

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

because they have been the bigger contributor to the generation of this being a front page scandal in every country of the world by effectively burning down the Spanish world cup campaign because they were pissed off at a guy who acted unethically.

Not at all... The RFEF are the glue that is Spanish football and the institution that has that team in Russia representing the country.  They showed authority in a decision that marks a precedent to future national team coaches.  When you sign a contract (add to that an extension two weeks ago), you at least honour it by contacting those who have employed you.  He's not the major culprit as he isn't the one that announced the decision made behind the RFEF's back.

Ill tell you something... Someone that betrays me can be worth as much as you want.  He is finished for me!

The RFEF had no other choice but to fire Lopetegui if they were going to look legitimate.  The World Cup in a situation such as this one comes a distant second.

Lopetegui should also understand that it was the RFEF that showed faith in him when his career looked to be going down hill.

Read this: Real Madrid, the "representation" of everything Spanish acted in a traitorous manner while everyone around them begged them to wait for the announcement and in the meantime Gerard Piqué gets whistled and booed by a sector (the exact sector that has sympathies to that malversed entity) of the "Spain fanbase" for not being "Spanish" enough.

You have to understand every minuscule detail of everything surrounding this to comprehend every step and decision made.  You're just looking from the outside in mate.

Mate you are way off if you don't think i know and see that what Madrid did is one of the most selfish and disgustingly anti national things ever done by a club announcing this now.... 

Honestly if I'm the RFEF I'm making private plans to kidnap and tie Florentino Perez to a post in the town square but for it all to be done AFTER the world cup! 😲

The way they acted is the version of goldilocks and the 3 bears story where the little bear finds someone sleeping in his bed and he snuck back outside and set the house on fire!!

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Mate you are way off if you don't think i know and see that what Madrid did is one of the most selfish and disgustingly anti national things ever done by a club announcing this now.... 

Honestly if I'm the RFEF I'm making private plans to kidnap and tie Florentino Perez to a post in the town square but for it all to be done AFTER the world cup! 😲

The way they acted is the version of goldilocks and the 3 bears story where the little bear finds someone sleeping in his bed and he snuck back outside and set the house on fire!!

Emoticon rep for the Florentino kidnap idea! xD

How can people not see any wrong doing, from both Lopetegui and Real Madrid, is beyond me.

Highly unprofessional from Lopetegui, who could have said to Real to wait until the end of the Spanish participation in Russia.

I remember it happened the same to us, in 2008. We had just beat the Czech Republic and qualified to the quarters of the Euro. Then, all of a sudden, Chelsea announces that Scolari will be their next manager. And they finish the announcement with this stupid, mocking remark: 'We don't want to disturb the Portuguese NT, so we won't make any further comments until the end of the Euro.' Well, cheers Chelsea, because after this announcement, we went on to lose against the Swiss and then against the Germans.

Archived