talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed but he’s acted like a cunt!

In your position if the same thing in the same manner had happened, would you want him as your national team coach?

I was joking. Should have used the ninja face :ph34r:

As for your question, I suppose I would want our current manager sacked if he signed for a Portuguese club under these circumstances, yes. There was no reason not to wait for the WC to end.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The president of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Luis Rubiales hit Real Madrid hard in the press conference without naming them. This is whatbhe said;

”We (the RFEF) found out literally under five minutes before those that caused this made it public. I had a phone call from one of our people at the offices in Madrid who told me what was cooking. I called the ones to blame not to make anything public and that I’d take a flight to Madrid right away... Literally as I was made to wait on the phone, one of my colleagues showed me his mobile phone with the official announcement that our national team coach had been contracted by them.”

”Some hold themselves as something special when the truth is very different. Julen Lopetegui has told me he wished it hadn’t have happened in that manner and that he also didn’t want it made public while on duty. But all the same I told him that both parties, himself ahd them hadn’t at any point informed us or even spoken to anyone at the RFEF.”

”It is impossible to look beyond any other action than to rescind Julen’s contractual obligations with us as this is not the way to do things. In all my time in football I have never witnessed anything similar. I have nothing whatsoever to say about them other than to demonstrate my utter contempt.”

11 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yeah I said earlier that Celades will be the coach, it makes sense.   

Who knows what will happen now but Celades knows the drill perfectly well and Hierro is one of the minds behind most of Spain’s success for over a decade. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Who knows what will happen now but Celades knows the drill perfectly well and Hierro is one of the minds behind most of Spain’s success for over a decade. 

Celades? Another missed chance to ink Sam Allardyce!

This is from yesterday, but offers good context around the decision to fire Lopetegui: https://elpais.com/deportes/2018/06/12/mundial_futbol/1528833928_067989.html

Apparently, a good part of the group and the employees of the federation were upset by Lopetegui´s behavior. What makes it really worse is that he had recently signed an extension. And I wonder, who will pay the 2 million euros he´s owed? :50_open_mouth:

When a coach loses authority, there´s nothing to do ther than firing, but the whole situation is unfortunate.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mayhem in the Spanish World Cup camp right now since yesterday's shock announcement by Real Madrid that Julen Lopetegui will be taking over the head coach position at the Santiago Bernabéu after the World Cup.

Nobody knows what's going on but there's war right now with even Real Madrid legend Fernando Hierro stating that this has been the most traitorous actions ever held in Spanish football by both Real Madrid and Julen Lopetegui.

Half want Lopetegui out and the other half say it would be self destruction. What's for sure is that nobody is happy and the players are split.

A press conference was announced by Julen Lopetegui for 09:30 bst but has now been put back 1 hour.  Something is brewing!

for the sake of the Spanish National Team, Madrid should have kept this a secret.      

but i can't understand all this chaos.      why would Hierro call Julen a traitor ??   it's not that Julen left before the world cup, it's only after the world cup.

Must be so different as this is a common practice here in the States. Coaches accept jobs with other teams before their season's are over all the time. 

From my perspective, the Spanish FA is looking like a shit show. 

4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

for the sake of the Spanish National Team, Madrid should have kept this a secret.      

but i can't understand all this chaos.      why would Hierro call Julen a traitor ??   it's not that Julen left before the world cup, it's only after the world cup.

Of course the whole thing is traitorous mate. What part of how it all occurred isn’t?

Also remember Hierro is one of Real Madrid’s biggest legends. For him to say that actually means something substantial. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Must be so different as this is a common practice here in the States. Coaches accept jobs with other teams before their season's are over all the time. 

In what manner is the Spanish football federation looking like shit?

Just now, SirBalon said:

In what manner is the Spanish football federation looking like shit?

Didn't they just fire their manager a day before the WC? 

So the guy accepted the RM job? Surely it is best for both parties for him to finish coaching his guys through the World Cup instead of getting your feelings hurt and sacking him, which essentially handicaps you. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I mean, when Real Madrid comes knocking, you don´t say no. But in that case, I understand why the federation and some players are so upset,  he´s just recently signed an extension. 

I criticize Tite for a lot of stuff, but he acted like a true man when told Madrid he´d only negotiate after the World Cup, which basically ended his chances of getting the job.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Didn't they just fire their manager a day before the WC? 

So the guy accepted the RM job? Surely it is best for both parties for him to finish coaching his guys through the World Cup instead of getting your feelings hurt and sacking him, which essentially handicaps you. 

The guy was contracted to the RFEF and nobody spoke with the RFEF. It’s ilegal and unethical, make your choice which one you prefer. Spain isn’t the USA. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course the whole thing is traitorous mate. What part of how it all occurred isn’t?

Also remember Hierro is one of Real Madrid’s biggest legends. For him to say that actually means something substantial. 

if there's something written in Julen's Contract that he should be locked down with the spanish national team until 2020 and he shouldn't accept any club job offers, then that would be traitorous.      But if there's none, then, this would only be a change of job just like anyone else.     If you don't like your job anymore or if there's a new offer that pays more than your current job and if you don't breach any agreements in your contract, then file a resignation letter and leave, it's simple as that.

we've seen it with Jose Mourinho during his time in Porto and Inter, the players know that he'll be leaving at the end of the season and yet this still fight for the club's honors.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The guy was contracted to the RFEF and nobody spoke with the RFEF. It’s ilegal and unethical, make your choice which one you prefer. Spain isn’t the USA. 

I understand, but again, it's more common here which is why I think it's a poor move to fire him. All you are doing is hurting yourself, and the team. 

Firing your manager the day before the start of the World Cup is extremely detrimental 

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What do you think mate?

For starters I did't have the Spain NT pinned as favourite for anything.

About managing quality, much seems to revolve these days around keeping the cunts happy... also presiding the Spanish FA... so, a possible judgement may be, well, you are in your position in the same way we can put a scarecrow there to do your job: don't shake things up, don't be the focus, don't  bring your shit up... but if he did and the cunts are still happy about it then the fuck up is on the Spanish Federation president? It may well be.

I dunno... We'll probably have more of a greater picture later. 

5 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

if there's something written in Julen's Contract that he should be locked down with the spanish national team until 2020 and he shouldn't accept any club job offers, then that would be traitorous.      But if there's none, then, this would only be a change of job just like anyone else.     If you don't like your job anymore or if there's a new offer that pays more than your current job and if you don't breach any agreements in your contract, then file a resignation letter and leave, it's simple as that.

we've seen it with Jose Mourinho during his time in Porto and Inter, the players know that he'll be leaving at the end of the season and yet this still fight for the club's honors.

Mate... They went behind the RFEF’s back and announced it practically without them knowing anything. He wasn’t working for a football club. He was working representing his country and Real Madrid hold themselves as the all Spanish purity. 

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived