talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Javier Pastore Joins Roma

Javier Pastore's move to West Ham is unlikely to happen at this stage due to the Paris Saint-Germain midfielder's wage demands, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands the 28-year-old is currently asking for wages up to £190,000-a-week.

West Ham are keen to bring Pastore to the club and remain in talks over a deal that would be worth up to £17.5m.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Such an over rated player whos literally wasted his career. So glad we ended up with Mata when this fraud preferred PSG over us. 

I like to imagine he would have been GOAT if he joined Chelsea but instead his career went down the shitter. B|

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Was an integral part of the Internazionale side that won the 2020 Serie A title 3-0 against Milan. He will always be remembered for that, such a shame that he's now discussing a contract with West Ham though. Who in the right mind would want to walk out every other week at the Olympic bowl?

Reality fades into Football Manager it seems. 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Was an integral part of the Internazionale side that won the 2020 Serie A title 3-0 against Milan. He will always be remembered for that, such a shame that he's now discussing a contract with West Ham though. Who in the right mind would want to walk out every other week at the Olympic bowl?

You've lost me at every part of this. xD

I can only assume this is an FM reference. 

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Erm, Pastore is still a very good player and would be a great signing.

He really isn't mate. Lanzini is the only Argentine West Ham need to worry about building the team around. 

I've seen a fair bit of PSG and when he's played he's always looked good to me. Maybe I'm overeating his performances by comparing them to his teammates, or maybe I've just caught his handful of really good performances. 

17m though. I do remember him being class back in Italy and he has still go enough years ahead of him to get back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Paris United, Pini Zahavi and West Ham´s vice-president want to close the deal for Pastore as soon as possible. Pastore agent agrees to lower his salary but on the other hand he´d like to compensated for it in the signing bonus. Pellegrini insists in his signing. This transfer could be confirmed in the next days, as PSG has until June 30th to make 60 million euros.

Pastore is a very talented player. Unfortunately he hasn´t been able to stay healthy. 

As for West Ham, it´s nice to see them going for players as Felipe Anderson and Pastore. 

Roma agree €18.5m Pastore deal?

Roma have reportedly agreed a deal worth €18.5m for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Javier Pastore.

According to Calciomercato.com, Pastore is ‘one step away’ from Roma, where he will earn 4m a season plus bonuses.

The 28-year-old is expected to undergo a medical with the Giallorossi on Thursday morning, ahead of becoming their fifth summer signing after Bryan Cristante, Ante Coric, Ivan Marcano and Justin Kluivert.

Pastore joined PSG from Palermo in 2011 as one of their first big-money arrivals under Qatari ownership.

He scored 45 goals and assisted 62 in 269 appearances for the French giants, winning five Ligue 1 titles, but is considered expendable as the club must balance their books for Financial Fair Play.

It represents a huge blow to West Ham United, who have lost Manuel Lanzini to an ACL injury and were banking on bringing in his fellow Argentine.

• The title was changed to Javier Pastore Joins Roma

Archived