• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Azeem

'That Did Not Age Well' - World Cup Edition

Recommended Posts

As the group stages are are coming to a close. Lets recall all those comments we made before the World Cup that did not age well.

 

I'll start with myself:

 

I said Australia are on the same level as Saudi Arabia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I said Australia are on the same level as Saudi Arabia.

What part of this sentence didn't age well? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blue

I think Egypt will get past the groups. Its not all about Salah, he's their star but there is talent in the Egyptian league as well as its the best league in Africa and there is a lot of under the radar talent at Al-Ahly and Zamalek. Its all about beating Russia really, which I think is possible.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2018 at 16:18, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Bet you it's fucking 1-0 or some mediocre bollocks.

Before England's game against Panama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some pearlers but can't remember what threads they were in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I've had some pearlers but can't remember what threads they were in.

We said someone was fucking shite. He scored 30 seconds later xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SirBalon in Who Will win the WC thread

" I think this time its Argentina to..... "

Still can be true though very unlikely.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

We said someone was fucking shite. He scored 30 seconds later xD

found it xD 

On 23/06/2018 at 17:46, Stan said:

Son Heung-Min is such a selfish bastard xD  

 

 

On 23/06/2018 at 17:46, DeadLinesman said:

This. He’s been fucking shite as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mel81x and me backing the Saudis that they aren't that bad before the opener :dam:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and here's my other. Just as Brazil/Costa Rica entered stoppage time and they end up scoring 2.

On 22/06/2018 at 14:44, Stan said:

These Costa Ricans are fucking pansies. 

Wonder if Brazil will get the same shite as England got for drawing 0-0 against Costa Rica 4 years ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

found it xD 

 

 

That has to be the winner hands down xD

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Devon Von Devon said Nigeria vs Iceland would be the first 0-0...

On 22/06/2018 at 16:51, Devon Von Devon said:

Will be the first 0-0 draw

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cicero disregarding Costa before the game against Portugal

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember someone said Iceland won't do an England against Argentina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Mel81x and me backing the Saudis that they aren't that bad before the opener :dam:

Well technically they did win a game which for them is some kind of accomplishment in itself against a country that was tipped to walk all over them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Cicero disregarding Costa before the game against Portugal

TBH, I still stand by that. Spain are a much better team with Aspas than Costa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

TBH, I still stand by that. Spain are a much better team with Aspas than Costa 

Nothing serious just recalling some moments when we were proven wrong even if we had good reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@The Rebel CRS saying Peru would surprise at the World Cup.

To be honest, Peru have been unlucky to have not grabbed themselves a goal in this world cup, they didn't get hammered by their opponents and some of their passing moves at times have been nice on the eye if you ask me, although they seriously lack any form of firepower up front, a star forward/attacking player to do the damage in these positions, then they may have done better and gotten out of their group, which would have been a success on its own considering the difficulty of it. It definitely hasn't been a good World Cup on their behalf though after coming into the competition on a lengthy unbeaten run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predicted Poland to win Group H ¬¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Blue

I think Egypt will get past the groups. Its not all about Salah, he's their star but there is talent in the Egyptian league as well as its the best league in Africa and there is a lot of under the radar talent at Al-Ahly and Zamalek. Its all about beating Russia really, which I think is possible.

That would have been funny if you yourself didn't also think that xD

I also changed my mind after seeing them vs Uruguay. I think I was one of the few people on here to predict them to lose to Russia.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be honest, Peru have been unlucky to have not grabbed themselves a goal in this world cup, they didn't get hammered by their opponents and some of their passing moves at times have been nice on the eye if you ask me, although they seriously lack any form of firepower up front, a star forward/attacking player to do the damage in these positions, then they may have done better and gotten out of their group, which would have been a success on its own considering the difficulty of it. It definitely hasn't been a good World Cup on their behalf though after coming into the competition on a lengthy unbeaten run.

Some people on here think I was being ridiculous when I said Peru would do well. We should have finished our chances against Denmark and it was our own fault we didn't, and conceded a very unlucky goal against France and then they sat back making things difficult as they are a superior team.

Its true a lot of our players underperformed (Trauco and Rodriguez the 2 big culprits) but some of the claims that we've been shit has been ridiculous. Its just so certain people can get the better of me and its quite sad to see.

When you go 15 matches unbeaten in the hardest qualification continent in the world, its natural to think you'd do well in the World Cup.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Some people on here think I was being ridiculous when I said Peru would do well. We should have finished our chances against Denmark and it was our own fault we didn't, and conceded a very unlucky goal against France and then they sat back making things difficult as they are a superior team.

Its true a lot of our players underperformed (Trauco and Rodriguez the 2 big culprits) but some of the claims that we've been shit has been ridiculous. Its just so certain people can get the better of me and its quite sad to see.

When you go 15 matches unbeaten in the hardest qualification continent in the world, its natural to think you'd do well in the World Cup.

 

You haven't won, and you haven't scored. Fucking Panama has more goals that you do, and they are in a much tougher group. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gained respect for @Blue for admitting that Peru have underperformed despite what was predicted before the tournament commenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

You haven't won, and you haven't scored. Fucking Panama has more goals that you do, and they are in a much tougher group. 

 

Point proven. Ridiculous to only look at the stats when we (and Morocco for that matter) were let down by experience and luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue said:

Point proven. Ridiculous to only look at the stats when we (and Morocco for that matter) were let down by experience and luck.

What are the expectations for 2022?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement