The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal

football forum

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Why are they fannying around short corners when they have the best header of the ball in the area.

cos Uruguay have Godin :/ 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Remember when Spike said Urgay is the real deal?

Not sure how well this will age, but honestly its hard to not call these contenders at this point. I was only in doubt because they couldn't seem to get their lineup right but Tabarez has found it and nailed it so far. With the best forward duo in the world and the best CB duo in the world, the lack of respect Uruguay get is shocking. World class team all around.

Just now, Blue said:

Not sure how well this will age, but honestly its hard to not call these contenders at this point. I was only in doubt because they couldn't seem to get their lineup right but Tabarez has found it and nailed it so far. With the best forward duo in the world and the best CB duo in the world, the lack of respect Uruguay is shocking. World class team all around.

I said it before the cup m8

Tabarez took over a team that had been to only 1 of the previous 4 World Cups. He's qualified them for 3 WCs (inc one Semi) & won the Copa. Yet this team might be more talented than any he's had before. 12yrs of work & he finally has a team that can play football in the midfield.

Just now, Spike said:

I said it before the cup m8

I would have said so too if they didn't keep on playing a 4-4-2 with Cebolla and Sanchez on the wings xD this new lineup is so complete. The world cup experience they have too can't be left out. Just have a complete side all around.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I hate short corners sometimes. The fuck was that from Portugal? This is Uruguays dream scenario but I still think Portugal will get a goal at some stage.

There's no statistical advantage to taking a corner compared to playing it around the box, but when you're gunna take it short just to cross it in to a crowded box anyway then probably best just to use the corner..

We're lacking intensity. 

When a team is sitting deep, you need to circulate the ball quickly and we are not doing that. 

Also, try some long distance shots, for crying out loud.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived