talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forums

Just now, Cannabis said:

Walking home and all I can hear is people chanting and cars beeping downtown. Unreal.

It's brilliant. I don't think I have ever celebrated like that

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No corner given off dierer at the end. 

English player studs the Colombian but the free kick goes Englands way. Hendo got a head butt in so it's 1:1 in that regard. 

No one has countered that the second Colombia goal was wrongly negated 😏

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well yeah, if we want to keep progressing we need to be significantly less shit.

We were awful today and very lucky to get through.

Bringing on Dier was a bad move, not because of anything he did but I thought Colombia were all over the place, no need to go so defensive and I don't think it's something England are capable of at the moment.

Still, penalties monkey off the back and on to a very winnable game against Sweden.

• Administrator
Just now, The Käiser said:

No corner given off dierer at the end. 

English player studs the Colombian but the free kick goes Englands way. Hendo got a head butt in so it's 1:1 in that regard. 

No one has countered that the second Colombia goal was wrongly negated 😏

well yeah cos Maguire was just kicking the 2nd ball out and the ref said play on without him looking. It'd be unfair to let it stand. Colombian players barely moaned at that which was impressive for them given what they were moaning at before.

Also, Stones accidentally hit Falcao's head. Not a chance hes done that on purpose xD

The Dier corner. Yeah you can have that one. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Bringing on Dier was a bad move, not because of anything he did but I thought Colombia were all over the place, no need to go so defensive and I don't think it's something England are capable of at the moment.

Still, penalties monkey off the back and on to a very winnable game against Sweden.

I do think him giving the ball away in the midfield repeatedly didn't do well to keep us solid, and I'd agree it was a bit too negative and not really something I thought was necessary. Meanwhile we had plenty of attacking players looking totally gassed out there. And Dier giving the ball away in that first period of extra time was making me nervous as fuck.

But yeah as you say... we won a penalty shootout and literally none of us were expecting that. Big monkey off our back. I'm still nervous about Sweden as well, I'm not sure that Kane alone will be enough to break them down. And if the other attackers we have don't step up in any meaningful way, which they really haven't, that's probably what our approach will be.

I have to say Harry Kane was easily MOTM today, everything he did was just superb but his hold-up play was simply world-class. I don't think he is the most natural leader, but he leads by example with his play and is 100% the correct choice in captain for us.

I think Southgate just has to run the same team again, I don't see any reason to move away from it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's Trippier's fault we went to penalties though.

Pickford. Shouldn't have pushed it out for a corner tbf.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did I actually just witness England win a penalty shootout?

You did. It was like looking my virginity all over again 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Need to do Sweden inside 90 mins, I can’t do that again I’ve got an arsehole likes Forest Whittakers eye after that 

fucking hell I'm dead. that is superb. xDxD 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Need to do Sweden inside 90 mins, I can’t do that again I’ve got an arsehole likes Forest Whittakers eye after that 

I'm fucked mate. Mentally physically got nothing left 

Archived