• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stan said:

@Blue @El Profesor @Berserker (and anyone else in to South American football).

Are Colombia always like that in national matches ie vociferously disrespectful and over the top with some of their actions??

Colombians are cocky in general (without having anything to back it up) and disrespectful as well.

But to be fair upon seeing Colombia`s disallowed goal again you can see the second ball was out of the field before the throw-in was executed, and it was also in your favour so the goal should have been validated. It's not their fault your defender was looking at the stars. So i can understand their frustration. And this is also what Maradona was talking about.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Yeah probably tbh. But we were still better than them, they just looked fancy on the ball but didn't actually create anything until the end and even then other than their goal and long range shot didn't really create anything.

And Ospina was peppered all evening, yeah?

29 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Colombians are cocky in general (without having anything to back it up) and disrespectful as well.

But to be fair upon seeing Colombia`s disallowed goal again you can see the second ball was out of the field before the throw-in was executed, and it was also in your favour so the goal should have been validated. It's not their fault your defender was looking at the stars. So i can understand their frustration. And this is also what Maradona was talking about.

It wasn't a disallowed goal though. xD I agree it was a weird decision to stop play for that, but the whistle went straight away, no one tried to stop the attack because the whistle had gone.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

And Ospina was peppered all evening, yeah?

No there was no pepper and there was no salt.

We were better than Colombia because we offered more than a long range effort and a corner. Not a lot better, but still better.

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

We were better than Colombia because we offered more than a long range effort and a corner. Not a lot better, but still better.

England had two more shots but Colombia had two more on target than us. England had two shots in 120 minutes of football. 

59 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

It wasn't a disallowed goal though. xD I agree it was a weird decision to stop play for that, but the whistle went straight away, no one tried to stop the attack because the whistle had gone.

You're right about the whistle (it happened just when Falcao was about to cross) and i agree, whether it was a disallowed goal, a stopped play or whatever, ref shouldn't have stopped it in the first place.

This is the full transcript of what Maradona said about the England v Colombia game;

"clarísimo" que el árbitro estadounidense Mark Geiger se "inventó" un penal que derivó en el 1-0 de Inglaterra con el claro objetivo de favorecer a los europeos.

"(Estoy) conmovido porque cuando hablé con (el presidente de la FIFA, Gianni) Infantino la primera vez, o sea cambió todo en la FIFA: se van los ladrones, se van los arreglos, se va todo. Y hoy vi un robo monumental en la cancha. Yo le pido disculpas a todo el pueblo colombiano, pero los jugadores no tenemos la culpa"

"Yo lo tengo clarísimo, (Mark) Geiger, estadounidense, qué casualidad que fue el que inventó un penal para Brasil, que fue que Nigeria lo acusó en la FIFA y le dieron seis meses de suspensión"

"penal que no es penal, es foul de (Harry) Kane" y el árbitro ni vio la presunta falta ni quiso recurrir al asesoramiento por video. "¿Por qué no pidieron el VAR?"

"Colombia muere de pie" y dándole pelea a los ingleses a pesar de haber no haber contado con su principal estrella, el volante del Bayern Múnich James Rodríguez, y pese a sufrir por la supuesta injusticia que representó el penal en contra.

"Inglaterra no pudo entrarle a Colombia, Colombia le jugó como podía, con lo que tenía, sin James (Rodríguez), sin un creador, pero grité el gol de Colombia como si hubiese cabeceado yo (...) porque no es posible, esto hay que denunciarlo (...) yo le digo a Infantino, eso no puede quedar así"

"Este árbitro sabrá mucho de béisbol, pero de fútbol no tiene ni idea"

"ladrón"

"No se puede creer, vuelvo a pedir disculpas al pueblo colombiano (...) porque los jugadores no elegimos los árbitros, los árbitros los elige (Pierluigi) Collina, que lo eligió Infantino para cambiar la nueva FIFA de ladrones y arregladores y hoy vimos todo lo contrario: una FIFA vieja y arreglada"

I’ll translate:

“It’s clear that the US referee Mark Geiger invented a penalty which created the 1-0 for England with the clear objective to favour the Europeans.”

”I’m very emotional because when I spoke to Infantino for the first time he told me he would be eliminating the thieves, eradicating match fixing, everything.  Today I witnessed a monumental piece of robbery on the pitch. I send apologies to the Colombian people but the players aren’t to blame.”

”It’s perfectly clear to me with this US referee Geiger who invented a penalty for Brazil and was accused some time ago by Nigeria and he got a 6 month suspension.”

”A penalty that isn't a penalty and is actually a foul by Harry Kane. A referee that we can all see that he doesn’t actually witness the foul and doesn’t ask for video assessment. Why didn’t they ask for VAR?”

”Colombia died standing firm, giving a good fight to the English without being able to count on the presence of the major star, the Bayern Munich player James Rodríguez and on top of that having to suffer this injustice.”

”England couldn’t get at Colombia, Colombia played how they could with what they had despite not having James Rodríguez, without a creator. But I screamed at the top of my voice when Colombia scored as if I’d headed that goal in myself. Because this isn’t possible and this has to be reported with eventual charges and I’ll tell Infantino that this can’t end like this.”

”This referee may know a lot about baseball but he hasn’t got a clue about football.”

”Thief!”

”This is unbelievable, again I apologise to the Colombian people  because the players don’t choose the referees, the referees are selected by Pierluigi Collina who was employed by Infantino to change from the previous corrupt thieves and match fixers and today we saw the total opposite more in tune with the old FIFA which was all very fixed.”

You know who´s a corrupt and a thief? Nicolás Maduro! 

Maradona works for Telesur, Venezuela´s state TV. If he wants to talk about ethic and morality, we should talk about his boss. 

Diego was a football genius and I respect his legacy on the pitch, but man, you´ve got to be a huge hypocrite to take money from Maduro and talk about corruption. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

There are always fights in Copa Libertadores. It´s part of what makes the tournament fun. xD

Peñarol vs Palmeiras in 2017. The uruguyans closed the entrance to the dressing room so they could beat Palmeiras players, in special Felipe Melo. 

The match @Blue mentioned, Atlético Nacional vs Rosario Central. Davinson provoked the goalkeeper when they scored. lol 

This is genuinely one of my favourite goals ever xD it's got absolutely everything.

10 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Can't actually believe we won a penalty shootout I was sitting there expecting one of ours to get smashed over the bar at any second. Well done lads some great penalties even Henderson was unlucky not to score.

I agree. Hendos penalty was not the worst of them. But he and Dier were the ones i most expected to miss.

Ospina guessed right most of the times too. Credit to him for that. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Pretty much how I saw it. Should never have gone to extra time but the goal they scored - really not much we could do about it.

• Subscriber

I can't tell if Maradona is on a wind-up or if he really has legitimised such embarrassing nonsense to himself. The referee was shite - I don't put it all on him as that was quite frankly the hardest game to referee this tournament, but I think he made a rod for his own back, like so many do by not being tougher with the players. The fact an England player got booked during Colombia delaying our penalty really does make you wonder if there's some kind of spot fixing at play, too daft to laugh at.

Glad Colombia got what they deserved. Somehow even bigger wankers than Panama and fans have been a bunch of embarrassments on social media as well. Makes it all the sweeter.

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

You know who´s a corrupt and a thief? Nicolás Maduro! 

Maradona works for Telesur, Venezuela´s state TV. If he wants to talk about ethic and morality, we should talk about his boss. 

Diego was a football genius and I respect his legacy on the pitch, but man, you´ve got to be a huge hypocrite to take money from Maduro and talk about corruption. 

Maradona has always been politically driven as you well know mate. The problem is that he’s not a very intelligent individual and the way his political ideologies have manifested themselves has always shown him up for the mafiosi tendencies he has ingrained into his character.

Everyone that knows me outside this forum and even here in this community know what I think about Diego Armando Maradona the footballer... For me personally the best ever (I have my reasons), but the human being, the man we’re left with is a total mess, a charlatan and a mentallly driven personality with criminal tendencies... The problem is, that with his attempts at being a criminal it’s where he’s shown himself up as being very stupid. Curious how he’s also always mixed both in politics and socially with the worst scum one could hand pick. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't be so po faced.

Who cares what Maradona says anyway.

a lot of people call him/think he's a cunt.

you elevate him to status of 'king'.

So I'd say we all do.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Jesus, why's everyone so serious. I thought this was the happiest everyone has ever been.

who cares what you say anyway 

:ph34r: 

Archived