talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I would of put money on that, so sure of it.   But that explains my poor betting history.

Maybe you won and forgot ;)

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Totally agree mate and it was a guaranteed goal too. Anyone who thinks it made a difference that the entire England defence and goalkeeper stopped and did nothing to prevent the goal because the whistle had gone are just being biased :twothumbsup:.

Colombia didn't switch off as there wasn't reason to 

just like a free kick is taken quickly before a refs whistle. Only it was England themselves u threw the ball into play. 

The second ball was off the pitch so why would play have to stop

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Better to be on the bandwagon than be one of those saps who won't do it.

What was it like in the pub you were in mate? It was one giant hug where no was?

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What was it like in the pub you were in mate? It was one giant hug where no was?

Scenes mate. There was at least 700 people in there. I've never jumped on and hugged as many strangers in my life.

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Scenes mate. There was at least 700 people in there. I've never jumped on and hugged as many strangers in my life.

Wasn't so big where I was (about 80)but atmosphere was amazing. Bet it was amazing in Newcastle though

Just now, Storts said:

Everyone welcome on this bandwagon. 

Exaclty it's the world cup. Who cares. I don't care if it's Kane  or Ali as long as we win

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just wow. Save of the tournament. Sensational. 

Absolutely amazing. 

Sexy time... 

I actually have a bit of an erection 

2 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Colombia got robbed.  The second goal they scored should have stood. 

1.  The second ball was out of play

2. An English player commenced play by throwing it in that area. Colombia just continued play and put the ball in the net. 

3. Ref was siding with England whole game. 

Someone give Kaiser's carer a bell to let him know that he is making a fool of himself on the internet.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Colombia got robbed.  The second goal they scored should have stood. 

1.  The second ball was out of play

2. An English player commenced play by throwing it in that area. Colombia just continued play and put the ball in the net. 

3. Ref was siding with England whole game. 

That's just hilarious. Referee was absolutely woeful. Weak again. Any decent ref dishes out at least 3 reds there.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I have to say Harry Kane was easily MOTM today, everything he did was just superb but his hold-up play was simply world-class. I don't think he is the most natural leader, but he leads by example with his play and is 100% the correct choice in captain for us.

I think Southgate just has to run the same team again, I don't see any reason to move away from it.

Agree with this. Between him and Maguire. There'll be a lot of kids called Harry in 2019.

• Subscriber

We deserved it for me. Better side. I don't think it was a very high quality game, but it was unbelievably tense and I'd imagine Saturday will be similar, if not even worse.

Colombia were fucking garbage. I expect Sweden to be trickier.

Pickford deserved that MOTM award as well. Wasn't called much to intervene but was there when needed.

I really rate Stones actually. I can see what Guardiola sees in him. He has been handed huge responsibility by Southgate and has bossed it. No shaking and very assured. This WC is huge for his development. Rio Ferdinand said days ago that the 2002 WC was when the "penny dropped" for him and I think it'll be the same with Stones.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I have never seen the nation so optimistic, passionate and behind our national team like this. What a time to be alive.

Nowhere near 96 levels yet. “It’s coming home” memes are gathering pace though. 

It’s a pleasant surprise, Quarters we would have classed as a success before the tournament so we’ll done to them. There’s an opportunity now though it’s there for the taking this tournament. I don’t put us as favourites however I still think we lack strength in depth. Sterling for Rashford & Loftus-Cheek for Ali would be my changes for Saturday. We lose all cohesion when we bring in subs and we’ve not kept a clean sheet. To me Sweden is 50/50. 

Its been fun though the pub watching Panama was hundreds in a marquee with every goal celebrated like you do in the stands with wild jubilation. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived