talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pekerman's fault that. If Colombia had started Matheus Uribe, they would have won within the 90 minutes. Instead they chose to sit back like cowards and wait for a mistake. They got a mistake, but on the wrong side. Carlos Sanchez is awful. I said it at the start and I've been proven right.

England did justice. Terrible tactical decisions have turned Colombia into cack.

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Pekerman getting 2006 flashbacks

Totally, just like in 2006 he wrongly did not put on Messi, now he didn't have James on the bench and Uribe did not start. All his fault. He's lost the plot.

• Administrator

I'm actually so happy for Southgate. That puts a LOT of demons away for him no doubt. 

I fucking love the celebrations and passion of these lads. For so many years we've fucked up in shootouts and suffered so much misery and heartbreak and despair.

WE FUCKING WIN A SHOOTOUT. GET THE FUCK IN. THIS IS OUR FUCKING TIME.

Fucking hell, England winning on pens? This World Cup really is full of surprises. 

It was a scrappy game but getting through on pens for the first time ever helps build momentum going into the quarters. Got to beat Sweden now, as this is as good an opportunity of making a World Cup final and you'll get(the same can be said for the other sides on this side of the draw), although no team in this are easy and I reckon Sweden will be a similar test  as Colombia were tonight. It'll be another scrappy game in that one for me.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea you did.... I thought I was being punked but the radio and internet said the same thing... 

Yeah... I thought I saw that. But I am still having a hard time believing it. We won on penalties? Like we actually won on penalties?

Are we sure I'm not just in a coma? Or is this some sort of Westworld type situation? Because I'm questioning the nature of my reality.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived