Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Aleksandr Golovin - Signs for Monaco


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needless to say I'm a fan. He looked like a big fish in a small pond in each of CSKA's Europa League games last season. Mario Fernandez was another one that looked good too that would definitely be a regular at Chelsea.

I think he may a year or two to adjust. I can't see how him and Hazard would work initially, but over time they'll adapt and this should be seen as a good signing.

If he's to join a top six team the time is now. His stock is high and he's good enough to suggest to managers his ability is worth the outlay. I akeays imagined Arsenal being interested but Chelsea seems the best fit. I look forward to seeing how he develops over time in England.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like Monaco have made a rather lucrative offer.

"[It's] a more than generous offer," Vasilyev said on Monday. "The contract length offered is five years.

"I think that a club in transition like Monaco is the best option for him, at this stage in his career.

"Everything should be decided in the coming days, maybe even today. We cannot wait long. If it does not come off, we will look to another option."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting because reports knocking about were that Abramovich was having a hand in this to smooth the transfer over to us.. 

The club’s Russian owner Abramovich is said to be close pals with CSKA president Yevgeny Giner with the two agreeing on a €23m (£20m) fee.

Sounds like it could go either way at the moment... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting because reports knocking about were that Abramovich was having a hand in this to smooth the transfer over to us.. 

The club’s Russian owner Abramovich is said to be close pals with CSKA president Yevgeny Giner with the two agreeing on a €23m (£20m) fee.

Sounds like it could go either way at the moment... 

It's a difficult choice. At Monaco he would be put straight in the first team and will no doubt develop, but would he be delaying an inevitable move to a top six club for 2/3 years anyway? Either way, it will be interesting to see his choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This bloke has been more reliable than Di Marzio these days. Broke the Jorginho switching from City to Chelsea rumor initially. 

From Fabregas, Bakayoko, and Kante to Jorginho, Golovin, and Kante. 

Amazing piece of business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally a midfield worth having, i can see Cesc, Drinkwater and Bakayoko looking for the exit or perhaps keep Baka and maybe Loftus as back up / starters. If by any magic we start Cesc we should ban the club from the league. We will have a super energetic midfield exciting times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Finally a midfield worth having, i can see Cesc, Drinkwater and Bakayoko looking for the exit or perhaps keep Baka and maybe Loftus as back up / starters. If by any magic we start Cesc we should ban the club from the league. We will have a super energetic midfield exciting times.

You are forgetting Barkley xD

Golovin/Jorginho/Kante

Barkley/Fabregas/Bakayoko

Loftus-Cheek will either be on loan again, or used as rotation in both midfield and at the wing. 

Drinkwater is as good as gone imo. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You are forgetting Barkley xD

Golovin/Jorginho/Kante

Barkley/Fabregas/Bakayoko

Loftus-Cheek will either be on loan again, or used as rotation in both midfield and at the wing. 

Drinkwater is as good as gone imo. 

 

 

Completely blocked him out xD

Barkley/Drinkwater/Bakayoko

I'd rather see Cesc leave but your options look more realistic. Shame about Loftus truly a great talent that i would like to see stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/07/2018 at 14:29, Cicero said:

You are forgetting Barkley xD

Golovin/Jorginho/Kante

Barkley/Fabregas/Bakayoko

Loftus-Cheek will either be on loan again, or used as rotation in both midfield and at the wing. 

Drinkwater is as good as gone imo. 

 

 

I'm presuming this signals the end of three at the back? Or would it be Hazard and just Morata/Giroud up top?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Aleksandr Golovin - Monaco Could Beat Chelsea to Russian Midfielder
  • The title was changed to Aleksandr Golovin - Monaco Close to Beating Chelsea to Signing
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Seems we've gone straight back to normal after Jorginho. Unless we plan on using Reuben Loftus-Cheek

wouldn't be a bad option to use Loftus-Cheek. Clearly good enough for any side in this league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...